Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

psoriasis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> All the other topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: psoriasis Reply with quote

I have been juice and water fasting for 18 days. I was hoping to cure my psoriasis, but very little change has taken place. Any tips? I am thinking of breaking the fast in a few days but would continue it if I thought maybe a fourth week would be critical for helping my condition.
Timoteus Dobsonius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micheal. Allow me to offer you some advice about your condition.

Psoriasis is 'autoimmune' in origin, which basically means a part of your bodys natural defences aren't working properly: it's down to a type of white blood cell which is doing 'the wrong thing' if you like, which leads to inflammed rashes on the skin.

A known precipitant for psoriasis is stress. If you are denying yourself food or water, Micheal, you are stressing your body. It is important that you get the idea out of your head that doing this will have any beneficial effect. It will not.
Arhat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: psoriasis Reply with quote

michael wrote:
I have been juice and water fasting for 18 days. I was hoping to cure my psoriasis, but very little change has taken place. Any tips? I am thinking of breaking the fast in a few days but would continue it if I thought maybe a fourth week would be critical for helping my condition.

Michael...

My experience is that we are eating more than needed and drinkink water less than needed.
Denying enough water is a lot more common than we think. Our cells are dehydrated most of the time, one way of acknowledging that is: When you are "hungry", just drink 2 glasses of water. If hunger goes away, it was water that was needed, not food.
Juice fasting is great to detoxify the body, it won't clean everything in 2 weeks, maybe it will never solve psoriasis, it will help in other ways though.

Our body is most of the time needing macro and micro nutrients...protein, high quality carbs,vitamins, minerals, vitamins, enzymes.
Intoxicants are in excess, most of the time, for most people. Feeding the right micro and macro nutrients is needed. Diminishing or eliminating toxic food and intoxicants is even more important.
If you just stop and decrease the amount of food, you might help the body having less toxic, but you may deplete the nutrients as well.
The best would be to eliminate all toxic stuff like meat, dairy, processed food, sugar, poor carbs, like potatoes, refined flours (pasta, white bread), etc.

But you are right in experimenting with juice fasting. Try different experiments... Vegetable juice 1 to 3 weeks... then fruit juices next time...
Even if the psoriasis don't go away you might help your body in other aspects. I am speculating off course, just ideas.

Last edited by Arhat on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blanche

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

I've Psoriasis too. It is this one which degenerates also the finger-joints and that's really painful.

Since I eat vegan food, it is much better, the eczema is nearly away and the pains in my fingers have disappeared. As soon as I eat animal substances, cheese, butter, oil etc. e.g. in a restaurant, I can see (and feel) a worsening of the symptoms.

Arhat wrote:
When you are "hungry", just drink 2 glasses of water. If hunger goes away, it was water that was needed, not food.

That?s a quite good advice.

Arhat wrote:
Intoxicants are in excess, most of the time, for most people. Feeding the right micro and macro nutrients is needed. Diminishing or eliminating toxic food and intoxicants is even more important.
If you just stop and decrease the amount of food, you might help the body having less toxic, but you may deplete the nutrients also.
The best would be to eliminate all toxic stuff like meat, dairy, processed food, sugar, poor carbs, like potatoes, refined flours (pasta, white bread), etc.

Smile Yes, and don?t use too much salt.

Namaste,
Blanche
dogbite666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arhat wrote:
My experience is that we are eating more than needed and drinkink water less than needed.
Denying enough water is a lot more common than we think. Our cells are dehydrated most of the time, one way of acknowledging that is: When you are "hungry", just drink 2 glasses of water. If hunger goes away, it was water that was needed, not food.

What about sourcing water from food? Most food we consume has a high content of water. You body requies something like 2 litres of water a day, to stay in a healthy state, from where you source that water is irrelivent. Some mamals never drink liquid water, they get enough from the food they eat. If you are hungry it is because your body is telling you that you require neutrients, if you are thirsty your body is telling you that you require water. Thirst is the first symptom of dehydration.

Arhat wrote:
The best would be to eliminate all toxic stuff like meat, dairy, processed food, sugar, poor carbs, like potatoes, refined flours (pasta, white bread), etc

since when have potatoes been toxic? Please explain this, I eat a lot of potatoes!
blissfulbeachgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arhat wrote:
The best would be to eliminate all toxic stuff like meat, dairy, processed food, sugar, poor carbs, like potatoes, refined flours (pasta, white bread), etc

exactly. Smile
Jordan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: LIGHT (PHOTONS) Reply with quote

Only light will help your body repair the tissue. Fasting & UVB works well but particular focused wavelengths will actually help your body clinically cure the condition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bhairavananda

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow - fully agree with that Jordan! - Hara.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> All the other topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: