Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sleeping, sitting and training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> All the other topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dydde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Sleeping, sitting and training Reply with quote

What do you guys experience as the best way of sleeping?
Ive heard people talk about sleeping on a hard surface, like on the ground. And lying on the back.

What about sitting? i sit in front of the computer often because its my job. What do you guys see as the best way of sitting and in what chair? hard ? no back support ? etc

Training. Is there any books about ancient training etc. I have always been kind of sceptical about training with heavy weights and stuff. It seems like it causes alot of injury and its not a natural way to train. Im more in favor of training with the body and use the bodyweight. But is it possible to only use that and build a bigger and stronger body?
Draginvry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sleeping, sitting and training Reply with quote

dydde wrote:
Im more in favor of training with the body and use the bodyweight. But is it possible to only use that and build a bigger and stronger body?

If by "big" you mean huge muscles, that probably won't happen as a breatharian. Huge muscles are not good for mobility, which is what the human body is adapated for.

Jericho Sunfire prefers bodyweight training, and he's claimed to have been breatharian for a good period of time:

dydde

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you there.
Yeah i know Jericho and he has a very nice physique. Kind of like the one i want.

I just want a very lean and strong body, not big and bulky like those bodybuilding guys, that looks just lame :p

What about sitting and sleeping?

Im currently trying sleeping on the floor now, and im upgrading my desk to a standing desk Smile
Draginvry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sleep on my side or on my back. I don't think the surface that you sleep on matters all that much.

As for sitting, I try to sit in a position which doesn't put too much strain on my lower back. Get an ergonomic chair, if possible.
cooperlee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Uncle always sleeps on a thin mattress on a thick plank of wood, saying it's better for your back.

I sit at a desk all day and find it terrible for my posture. I only have to glance around the office to observe the row of hunchbacks forming. There are posture chairs that have no back and lock at the knees, we should all invest in one. They're a tad expensive, as far as chairs go, but it's worth the money if you don't wanna look like a Notre Dame bell ringer.

As for training, I think heavy can be good. In nature we would lift objects that are heavier than our bodies. Personally, I think running long distances is bad.

Why would have RUN in nature? We would have sprinted short distances, sure. But why would we run long distances? When we run long distances I believe that our brain thinks we are running away from a predator which causes us stress on our adrenal glands. That amazing feeling of euphoria you feel after completing a long run is your brain flooding with chemicals trying to make the experience of death more pleasurable. (in my opinion)

I stay stick with weights, not necessarily heavy, but enough to get your heart rate up and keep the fat off. Too much cardio will burn muscle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> All the other topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: