Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Food Cravings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Food Cravings! Reply with quote

Hey everybody... New member here, first post. I am an addict and there seems to be no 12 step program for getting off food (that i know of). This is incrediby difficult. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever taken on in all 28 years of my life. I love it, though. This is what life should be about (IMHO), facing our challenges and fears that serve to make us more complete people. I'm excited about taking this on.

I don't often pray... but last night i sincerely asked for courage and strength to follow through with this. Willpower seems to be of no use when you are hungry and fatigued. So i asked for help. I have a very strong desire for this and am willing to make he necessary sacrifices to make it happen. I feel like im going to war with my addiction to food... like its some massive insurmountable wave or wall or hurdle that i have to overcome. It's incredibly challenging.

I am most thankful for the internet and being able to read everyones stories, and books, and videos. All kinds of great resources from people around the world that have really opened my eyes, and for that i am grateful. This is for all the veterans out there... what do you do with the overwhelming food cravings? They are so strong, its almost blinding. Do the cravings lessen with time? Am I being a wimp?
RICKLFF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Food Cravings! Reply with quote

Hey Adam, Welcome !!!

As someone said: "What you resist persist"
Don't see food as an enemy. It's not.
Accept yourself as you are and feel well as you are, with all the cravings.
Start changing the food you eat. Eat just enouth to stop being hungry.
Go to nature and breath fresh air, walk in nature, do sungazing, meditate. All this things will nourish your body and you will fell less and less hungry.
There is a hungry that is not from the physical body, but the emotional body. If you are not well emotionally, you fell hungry, but if you go to nature and meditate there and feel connected to nature, the hungry goes away.
The changes need to come slowly. Sometimes try to eat fruits rather than "normal food". But does not force yourself to do anything. One step at a time and you will see the results.
Read as much as you can about the subject.
About breatharianism, there is a free e-book called "Life Style Without Food". It's available here:
http://niejedzenie.info/english/text/lswf.pdf

Don't see yourself in a war against food or cravings, respect your body. If you really want, the changes will come. As light your food is the lighter you will feel. Just make experiences. A suggestion: try in a weekend (one day only) to eat only fruits and nothing more. If you can, start on Friday night and stop at Sunday noon. And during this experience, go to nature several times, do sungazing on Saturday and Sunday on sunrise. This is a simple experience that will make you feel very well.

Bye

Adam wrote:
Hey everybody... New member here, first post. I am an addict and there seems to be no 12 step program for getting off food (that i know of). This is incrediby difficult. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever taken on in all 28 years of my life. I love it, though. This is what life should be about (IMHO), facing our challenges and fears that serve to make us more complete people. I'm excited about taking this on.

I don't often pray... but last night i sincerely asked for courage and strength to follow through with this. Willpower seems to be of no use when you are hungry and fatigued. So i asked for help. I have a very strong desire for this and am willing to make he necessary sacrifices to make it happen. I feel like im going to war with my addiction to food... like its some massive insurmountable wave or wall or hurdle that i have to overcome. It's incredibly challenging.

I am most thankful for the internet and being able to read everyones stories, and books, and videos. All kinds of great resources from people around the world that have really opened my eyes, and for that i am grateful. This is for all the veterans out there... what do you do with the overwhelming food cravings? They are so strong, its almost blinding. Do the cravings lessen with time? Am I being a wimp?
[/url]
Adam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the words of wisdom. There definitely seems to be an emotional component. Eating seems to be a form of escape from the stress I feel at work, and also i think from boredom. Its instant relief and comfort... and its taken its toll on my health. Sungazing is awesome! I've definitley noticed my hunger decreases significantly the more I am able to sungaze/sunbathe, especially in the summer time. I live in the Bay area in CA, so there is a lot of fog and hazy chemtrails polluting the skies.

I guess my animosity towards food has increased since reading Hilton Hotema's book 'Man's higher Consciousness'. Its an interesting read, but the author appears to view food as having a negative impact on the body, albiet fruit less so than other foods. I think our conditioning is such that we want instant results, i've always been a ' quit cold-turkey' kind of guy and I don't think thats the best way to approach this... in my case. i think i need to see this as more of a journey, and appreciate it in that sense.

I've cut out quite a bit of foods at this point. I pretty much live on tomatoes, cucumbers, oranges, lemons, lettuce and small amounts of brown rice.
jeffrey.sand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: suggestions Reply with quote

Adam,

Seek and ye shall find. I suggest to try different things and see what works for you. If your not getting the results you want drop it. I have practiced this since early 2005 when I became strict vegan and mostly raw. Since then it has been a journey of trying everything and constantly changing things. I learned of breatharianism since 2006 and have been dabbling with it since. I had my first real success with it in 2009. I have done a lot of different things including meditation, yoga, mantras, sungazing, fruitarianism, liquidarainism, and I pretty much stick to what is helpful and let go of what is not getting me where I want to be. I think when the emotional state is raised high enough so will the body's vibration and food will not be needed or wanted. That is one explanation and there are many perspectives. I have had some very similar experiences to what is experienced when taking ecstasy without actually taking the drug, I feel this state is very close to breatharianism. That's not to say someone taking ecstasy will be breatharian, hardly so, but the experiences are that of a heightened state of awareness which you don't need drugs to accomplish. Just letting go of the negativity and false ideas is enough. Living in bliss and ecstasy it would be impossible to be hungry in my understanding. If someone is hungry it is cause they are not fully conscious or aware of their self as Light. I have not felt hunger for years. But I still eat, but for other reasons. It's another story. But my experiences have led to me see I am among those who can live without foods and quite successfully. I have some of my own issues to sort through yet. So I am not a breatharian today. Actually food is terrible for me and there is nothing I can eat that works. Everything makes me feel terrible to be completely honest. It's kind of a bummer, cause I really like food. I cannot live in both worlds. I said many years ago breatharianism what my destiny and I made a pact with my self and put it in writing. And all I can say is be careful what you ask for! You will often get it. I am now in a position where I must walk towards my destiny. I am not like other people. My DNA is upgraded. So food is just a poison for me, I don't need it, and it serves no useful purpose, other than making me feel horrific. I was just thinking the other day we choose foods to make ourselves feel physically as we do emotionally, the foods we choose match the physical to the emotional. So to really change you got to change the emotional first, then the physical naturally and effortlessly follows. It doesn't work to just try to change the physical, you are bound to fail that way. As long as I have resisted breatharianism I have not made much progress, I am holding myself back, and for what? I know (after my kundalini awakening) I am not the body, or even the mind, or personality, so what do I resist letting go of them? I wish I could eat and feel good, but that is impossible it seems, and I can't go back, and be like most people. But even if I could change my DNA back, I'm not sure I would want to. Cause breatharianism is what I truly want. So I have a dilemma. I am sure some others have had similar experience. There is a definite point you pass where you truly know you are sustained on the universal current, and not food, and I passed that point in the Fall of 2009. I have not been the same since. So I would suggest you are very sure of what you want. I am sure you will get it, if you want it bad enough. Best of luck to you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: