Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The edge of non-eating and thought trickery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MicheleSt

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: The edge of non-eating and thought trickery? Reply with quote

Been on the raw 'path' for about 7 years, mainly fruit for the past few of those. Found the non-eating info about a year into raw and it really resonated, and have dabbled a little in it before, but was never ready fully.
Over time, food intake went down. Lately, I have mainly just been drinking fruit juice, and then sometimes an avocado in the late afternoon as the only solid meal.
I don't feel hungry really, it seems the avo is really more of a sensory entertainment and comfort. (as well as the juice, really)
Coming upon Steve Torrence's posts here really clarified a lot in a simple way that seemed to 'Ding!' inside. But there's an interesting contradiction now happening because somewhere I really believe that food is a drug and unnecessary, yet there is still a pull to eat it and try to be gentle with the process of letting it go, but also a guilt when I do.
The only way to really know, it to just go there.
There is this nagging doubt sometimes because so much has fallen away in 'my' life. There's been years of seeking, spiritual stuff, looking at myself, what life is, etc, so there's no way to really say if there is one clear cause for things, desires falling away.
I don't care about things that most people seem to care about. Or even that I myself used to care about. I am not driven even by money, which one would say I need (and I often do). I don't get into complication anymore or long conversations. I shower way less. I have a single bag of belongings because I don't want to bother with any more than that. Don't really care about being social, or 'achieving' things. Outsiders could even label it as 'depression' or non-functioning, but I don't feel depressed (and I certainly have in the past, so I can feel the difference).
I guess I'm reaching out to others who may have experienced this- whether it's in relation to food dropping away, or it's just one more thing that flies in the face of 'normal' society and that's why it looks so strange- only in comparison.
I think that's where one of the final remaining doubts of non-eating lies. In making 'sure' that my (uncontrollable) dropping out of normal every day life is not some sort of mal-nourishment to the brain or something. even though it makes no sense that people who are eating 'normal' cooked food would actually be 'nourishing' anything with that. it's tricky mind stuff.
Thanks.
PranaChild

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thank you for posting. I have felt this way almost 2 years. I have been wanting to go into silence, solitude, meditating and cease eating. My family (parents, sister) are the only attachment I feel hence only reason I keep eating but its not working anymore as I have to follow my truth because I see they are still amused with the material life and system...
MicheleSt

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PranaChild, thanks for responding. I went into solitude for awhile, and that route just didn't really feel like a necessity to me. It seems that if it is the natural state, it would be possible (well as much as living well is possible anywhere) in any place.
"Worldly" desires here seem to have kept falling away whether I've been in a mountain in India, or the center of New York City. And I've been around monks and also people who go out and drink every night and work on wall street. It's not controllable, nor is it able to be coerced, it seems.
And I have this idea that it can be very down to earth, not super 'spiritual', and any old person who's willing to drop their (and the majority's) ideas, can easily do it.
But I guess I won't know until there's the full jump.
PranaChild

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm for everyone is different. For me I go into a space where I am just really quiet and more of in "observing" the world, not participating. So it's not so much I need to be away from people, i just don't have a desire to be social while i'm going through it. From experience already. Plus its a protection to other people because I get into my moods where i can be very snappy/edgy. jericho sunfire talks about this.
Anyway I'm moving to Ecuador next week so we'll see how things pan out. Where are you currently?
Also, I get what you mean about the spiritual thing. There is a spiritual component/feeling to it among lots of other things.
Thanks for sharing that you've been in many types of settings. I think it is necessary to experience this in order to see that the place really doesn't matter. I'm currently observing what has not worked for me and just taking a chance at a new opportunity. Let me know if you have any interest in S. America. That goes for everyone on this forum who is "pursuing" this path <3
RICKLFF

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling that you don't fits in this crazy world is something I feel...

You can't avoid it. The only way to be sure about something is trying it yourself. This includes breatharianism. Nothing substitutes the real experience. Theories are just theories. You only will know how and apple tastes when you eat it yourself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: