Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with trying to get to breatharianism

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffrey.sand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Problems with trying to get to breatharianism Reply with quote

Part of my interest in joining this group, is besides some things I would love to share for your consideration and comment, I also have some questions I would like to ask. I am new to this forum. Eventually hopefully as the weeks and months go by I will take time to review that past posts on here. But for now, I would like to ask about others experience with struggling to reach that happy loving space where one is healing the emotional blockages and reaching "full consciousness" while being in the world and dealing with a stressful job and stupid people who annoy you. I know all perception is illusion. All stress and suffering is perception, self-created, within, not to be blamed on anyone or any situation, or the world for that matter, but on one's own consciousness level or "calibration" as David Hawkins would say. Consciousness level determines level of perception which basically is the context with which we view the content of the self and the world. I believe I have been in the breatharian state, very briefly, been far away enough from the feelings and sensations of food to experience what "no suffering" feels like, well the absence of all feeling, thinking, reacting, perception of time, worry, regret, anticipation, etc. all disappeared. I have wanted to take time off work to do my spiritual work but it is sooooooooo busy and I have been working so many hours of overtime and getting so stressed out I now have a cold (which I've not had for many years) and am sick and not feeling well at all. Very out of balance. My life is very hectic. I sometimes wonder how practical it is to try to go breatharian and be in the world around eating people and have a fast paced time critical rush rush rush busy busy busy we need that done yesterday kind of job? I know from my experience that an enlightened state of theta brain waves allows one to transcend all "problems", suffering, lack, perception, time, and concerns of any kind, emotionality, mentalization, etc. Getting back to that space has not been so easy for me. If I had no job, and spent all my time alone, it would be SUPER EASY to reach breatharianism VERY FAST I have NO DOUBTS. So I guess I blame it on my job I am not a breatharian yet. Somehow I know I can do it, but I force myself to eat anyway. I am sure others can relate to this dilemma. The less I eat the better I feel and the more energy I have, yet I still seem to go to foods for pleasure, it's just to easy. I've been going this way for years. I have much more to say, but if anyone has any comments so far it would be much appreciated.

Jeffrey
Lianna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be itīs a problem of fearing losing your intimate environment, if you go back the way to an Breatharian...?
MicheleSt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is necessarily easier having no job and just free time to transition. That can also have it's drawbacks, as all there is is time ticking away without food. You may be grumpier, but the distraction of a little work could also have some positives.
I often had the idea of waiting for a 'good' time, a relaxed, retreated situation to go food free, but ultimately I don't feel it's totally necessary now.
I'm still at the beginnings, so take that into account, but if food is just simply looked at as getting off a drug, it doesn't seem like it really matters where you are.
Aren't you usually better off without a drug? People quit smoking or drinking and live their regular life. (maybe taking a sick day off on a harder day)
When I first went to all raw foods, I stopped coffee cold turkey and dealt with massive migraines and nausea for two weeks, but I continued to muddle through with work, and most commitments, even though I felt a bit crappy. I didn't really know what kind of withdrawl was actually going to happen ahead of time, so I didn't think to take off work.
I think because I knew it would pass, and was just a part of the process, I just went with it at the time. Somewhere I was more curious about what a 100% raw lifestyle felt like, than I was about getting rid of the pain.
I've found for myself, that making it mentally this huge spiritual blowout where I needed to completely disconnect from the world and focus all attention inside, etc- made it way more complicated. Now it's just moving away from an unnecessary habit.
Not to say it's easy! There is bad breath to deal with! But maybe it's not so complicated either.
Red

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Red on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
sheen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MicheleSt wrote:
I don't think it is necessarily easier having no job and just free time to transition. That can also have it's drawbacks, as all there is is time ticking away without food. You may be grumpier, but the distraction of a little work could also have some positives.

Absolutely.

I am the perfect example of this, as I have no job nor any other regular occupation, so almost all my time is free. And in my case it's not helpfull at all. Indeed it makes it quite harder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: