Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exist's Experiments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Exist's Experiments Reply with quote

I thought I'd start my own topic to write about my experiences with fasting, dieting and other things. I hope that I can get a better understanding of myself by writing this down.
I also hope to get to a better solution than what I have been doing before. I'm not very often on this forum and often I write nothing for months so updates on this
topic can take a long time.

My health program:
I started fasting many years ago. Then came the diets. My latest "program" looked like this: I was doing 24-hour water fasts twice a week. And I ate a paleo diet with one
cheat day a week. Once a month I did a longer water fast (3 days). I also do Qi Gong exercises at least once a day.

About one month ago I learned a new Qi Gong/Tai Chi technique that caused some positive changes in my body and mind. Then I had a strong feeling that I should just eat
what I wanted to and to stop the diets and the routine fasting. I was afraid to suffer negative consequences (e.g. feeling bad, having less energy, health problems, etc.
I think many of you on this forum know what I mean) at first but I trust my intuition more than anything else so I did it. Only now that I changed my habits I start to
understand why I want to/should stop fasting now and why I needed to start doing it seriously about 5 or 6 years ago.

I had some pain on the first day of eating "normal" but after that I felt better than on my fasting/dieting routine. I even had more energy than before. This went on for a few weeks.
Then I started to feel sick for a few days (like having a cold) but I could continue to work normally and do everything that I usually do. I just had less energy than normal.
It was over after a few days but a state of having less energy remained. Some days later I did not feel very good so I did a "spontaneous" fast that lasted for about 2.5 days.
On the first day I noticed an increase in my energy level. Now I'm trying to find other ways to maintain an energy level that is high enough for me. I recently found out that just following my intuition
and always acting on it helps me a lot here again. I'm also experimenting a bit with things like fish cod liver oil, pine pollen and practicing more Qi Gong and Tai Chi.

Some conclusions for myself:
- Eating what your body desires to eat can be very healthy. At least it makes me happier.
- The paleo diet is not necessarily good for me. This depends of course, I found out that my mood increased when I ate only fruits and vegetables and left out the meat for breakfast, for example.
My mood decreased again after having mainly meat for breakfast. It probably depends on your body and your desires/needs. After eating vegan some years ago I had a strong
desire for meat and it felt very healthy to eat. Now I have overdone it and it feels healthier to eat bread and other meals made of grains.

What I want to do:
- Eat whatever I want and still enjoy optimum health and have a lot of energy.

Maybe I should add why I even started to get involved with fasting and health. There was a time when I didn't feel very good. I think I did not really have any health related problems (I was only 15 or 16). But fasting helped me feel better, I didn't know of any other solutions. I had more energy and felt balanced inside. Now I feel it's time for me to let go of that. I just want to eat "normal" again. Now that I try to do that, I see the following: Fasting is very effective in regenerating yourself but it also makes you feel "empty" inside, as I would describe it (low or no libido, weaker desires and wishes in general, and a state similar to boredom; you're not enjoying the material world anymore but rather "yourself" or nothing at all). There's also less need for social contact and I tend to isolate myself the more I fast. But this is only my experience with it. Maybe it's a bit similar to what JMW describes in his book about fasting people. I have to say that I don't like that state of emptiness very much. It might just not be an experience that I need to have at the moment.
RBE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Exist

I have the same experience. As soon as I wanted less and less to be in society from fasting, I tried to come back and eat 'whatever I want" within reason of course, and have the same energy and "zest for life" that I did before the consciousness expansion and fasting. But for me, it's been impossible to go back. My body reacts to everything, my psyche is dulled, and most things aren't that exciting to me anymore, like money and material things. I seem to always feel nothing really makes sense here anymore. I dont really fit in anywhere anymore, as I spend a lot of time alone now. It's not really a depressing thing, it's just I don't feel I need much!
I also started fasting as an intuition to feel better and more balanced. Now I see where all of this will take me if and when I choose to fast longer.
I wish you the best on your fasting/eating experiments!
Exist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RBE,

thanks for answering and describing your experience. I can relate to much of what you write, for example that feeling of the body reacting to different foods and having a weaker psyche after eating them. A few years ago I thought this was a negative reaction to food but after I started doing Tai Chi and Qi Gong exercises those negative effects mostly disappeared. What I understand now is that my body was out of a balance and through the exercises it got back to a more balanced state. Though at that time I continued the diets and the fasting because I thought they would be good for me. Maybe I also just needed that back then.

What do you mean exactly? What will happen if you choose to fast longer?

I hope I won't need many more experiments with fasting or dieting Very Happy. I'm a bit tired of them. I'm rather trying to find a way to live without them. Fortunately, it has worked great since I started this topic. I feel much better now, without any need for fasting or changing something about my nutrition.
RBE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i keep fasting i will disappear, literally.
Qi gong and yoga seem to make me more sensitive but they do re balance me.
Everything i eat affects my vibration so it does get old after a while.
I guess we are all different and i still don't understand the "why" as i find my self asking that question all the time now
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: