Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breatharians who eat are breatharians ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Inedia, Breatharianism, non-eating, fasting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Breatharians who eat are breatharians ? Reply with quote

RICKLFF wrote:
5) Even the animals can live without food.

In the Galapagos Islands the giant tortoises often have to go without food for a very long time. The islands are barren and rocky, except when they have an El Nino year and lots of rain.

In the 18th and 19th centuries ships would fill up their holds with these tortoises because it was known they could stay alive up to 18 months without food and water then be killed for fresh meat. They probably could have survived a lot longer.

Seems like a healthy way to be. Giant tortoises are the longest-living animals on the planet.
Hikari

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this post!!
YEah I agree food is a drug...
It is still hard for me to get rid of pasta..I got rid off almost everything except whole wheat pasta with nutritional yeast...
When I stop eating this it is not really hunger that strike me but some physical symptoms like in my throat I have a weird symptom and a bit of dizziness (well I did not managed to push me really hard into trying to stop pasta, I just tried to fast yesterday and on the evening I started eating because I felt this throat symptom)

I haven't manage to do a long fast recently (I would like to stay at least 15 or 21 days free) but I reguarly did fasts last year and in January for a few days and I felt alright, I even felt my energy increased after a week of non eating ...but everytime I broke the cycle after a week or a few days more and it was't because of any real symptom, I just suddenly felt scared I was going to become too skinny because I started noticing I was very slowly loosing some weight so I became scared before even becoming too skinny ( I just have a very normal weight so I don't want to loose any.)...and so when I started thinking about food I started to feel I really needed it to gain back the weight I lost....but I remember several time when I started eating after being food free for a week or more I felt pain in my teeth and throat the first time I ate but I kept forcing me to eat .
gisan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Animals and Food Reply with quote

Thank you Candid for the post - very interesting ...but we Humans .. can we compare ourselves with giant tortoises who belong to the Reptilia family and based on that try to live without food and or water ? A pure form of Breatharianism is a myth to nourish human mind and is a lie. So called breatharians are like actors from their ? hollywood? ...?breatharianwood? ...to expose themselves to gain fame and money. Rolling Eyes
Candid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, reptiles will eat pretty much anything. They're opportunistic. The tortoises I saw in Galapagos had access only to the perfect diet for them, mostly green stuff and occasionally meat when they managed to trap something or find a fresh kill.

You're right in that they are very different from us. The major difference is that their metabolism is very slow, which is what allows them to live without food or water for extended periods.

In captivity it's a different story. I've seen far too many grossly misshapen tortoises who've become that way through over-feeding with the wrong foods. Accelerated growth makes them grotesque, with weaker bone structure, prone to vitamin/mineral deficiencies, metabolic bone disease, and a truncated lifespan.

Let's consider mammals in the wild. Whatever their diet, they have to find it or catch it. They don't have regular meals. They don't eat the wrong foods for their species, nor do they eat when they're not hungry.

Whether reptile or mammal, animals stop eating when they're ill or injured.

But us? These days we can have any amount of food, and all types of 'food', delivered to the door without even the need to get in the car and walk a few paces. Only one aisle in the supermarket caters to our natural diet, where we now see perfectly formed fruits and vegetables because they've been 'improved' by the addition of chemicals. Most of the 'food' on offer is full of sugar and/or salt or other additives. There's dead stuff, dried or in cans. Wrong foods, contrived foods, available 24/7 without any need to hunt or gather.

And when we get ill, as we inevitably do, do the people around us allow us to heal naturally? The hell they do! No, they tell us "You've still got to eat". In my experience, hospital food (like any kind of mass catering) is as bad as it gets. Instead of being allowed to rest in a dark and comfortable place, we've got lights and activity day and night, with regular top-ups of meat, coffee, sugars, salt and other preservatives. If we're being nursed at home, our carers talk about being able to 'tempt' us with various contrived foods.

So, reptiles are designed to fast for extended periods. Mammals are designed to hunt and/or gather (built-in exercise) then to eat their fill. Human mammals just don't know when to stop, particularly when their diet mostly excludes the best stuff but is full of toxic substances that appeal to eye and palate. There are enormous people waddling around (especially in the first world) who, despite the great quantities of 'food' they eat, aren't getting the vitamins and minerals needed for health.

I will never be a breatharian -- it's simply not an ambition of mine -- but I like the idea of a month-long fast once a year. I truly believe it would be physically and mentally good for me, based on the fact that I did it once many years ago. If at the end of a month I didn't feel like eating, I would continue as long as it felt good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Inedia, Breatharianism, non-eating, fasting All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: