Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

123. NON-EATING and FASTING - intro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> The book "Life Style Without Food" by Joachim M Werdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: 123. NON-EATING and FASTING - intro Reply with quote

INTRO

The human body can function without eating very long time. It depends on many factors, mainly: Conscience sphere of the person, fat and muscle reserves, psyche state, environment temperature, physical activity.
Longest fasts (not inedia) documented by medical research lasted over fifteen months. The fasting person drunk up to two glasses of water per day and felt very well during the whole time. Fasts lasting up to three months are nothing extraordinary or dangerous for the body of overweight person.

Inedia differs from fasting mainly by:
- body weight changes;
- disposition;
- way of building the body.
Blanche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 123. NON-EATING and FASTING - intro Reply with quote

Hi Joachim,

JMW wrote:
Longest fasts (not inedia) documented by medical research lasted over fifteen months. The fasting person drunk up to two glasses of water per day and felt very well during the whole time.

Over fifteen months is a very long time for fasting Shocked

Does one know if this person was quite overweight? Then the person must have lost much of his weight, I think? If not, what makes it clear, that it was not Inedia? He/she felt very well?

What was the purpose of this fasting, was it just for a medical research?

JMW wrote:
Inedia differs from fasting mainly by:
- body weight changes;
- disposition;
- way of building the body.

What is exactly meant by ?body weight changes? by Inedia? Most people loose weight in the first few weeks (21 day process) and then their weight stabilised. Does that by a simply fasting cure not occur, do they loose weight months for months during their fasting?

?disposition?; That means, the Inedian person knows that he/she is nourished by another source than physically food? I assume that are nearly just people with a high spirituality level.

?way of building the body?: Here I am puzzled Confused, what does that exactly mean?

Thanks in advance for your explanation.

Kind regards to you,
Blanche
JMW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanche wrote:
Does one know if this person was quite overweight? Then the person must have lost much of his weight
Yes, this is exactly what happened. This person was fasting for health.
There was also another case of a person who had emaciated himself in this way, from 75 to 27 kg in one year. He was a monk fasting for world peace.

Blanche wrote:
what makes it clear, that it was not Inedia?
I am answering this in following articles in this chapter. On the other hand, as in many other things of human life, there is no sharp line that defines where fasting ends and inedia starts.

Blanche wrote:
What is exactly meant by “body weight changes”
I am explaining it in the next article in this chapter.

Blanche wrote:
Most people loose weight in the first few weeks
This can take anything from a few days to a few months.

Blanche wrote:
Does that by a simply fasting cure not occur, do they loose weight months for months during their fasting?
Yes, there are many cases of people, who lost more then 60% of body weight during fasting. Some later died of emaciation.

Blanche wrote:
Here I am puzzled Confused, what does that exactly mean?
Please, I am still translating. The next articles, which explain the expressions, are on the way. Smile
Bhairavananda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Emaciation. Reply with quote

Hi Joachim- just out of curiousity,what happened to that Monk that emaciated himself - was he able to stand,was he able to do "daily" chores,was he able to even drink or take in fluids in to the body???In a lot of the obscure literature i've read,i've read about muslim Fakirs and Indian(both Buddhist and Hindu) Saddhus who are sooooo slim/thin,that they look like they could actually break in half,but when physically active,are able to handle all sorts of physical activity,physical endurance,e.t.c,i mean the Marathon Monks of Japan go for about 11 days and nights without food,drink or water(yes,the "training" for a feat like this would be unbelievable!?),and yes some have died over the last few hundred years,but a lot have found the experience to be totally beneficial to their "spiritual well-being".Just some food for thought...Love and light - Lotus xxxooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
JMW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Emaciation. Reply with quote

Bhairavananda wrote:
Hi Joachim- just out of curiousity,what happened to that Monk that emaciated himself
According to the last message about him, that I have seen, he started to add drops of fruit juices to water and was going to slowly increase the amount. He was slowly returning to “normal eating”. As by now, I think, he eats like the other monks.

BTW, we get to know about people like him from the mass media. This is almost nothing compared to what really happens among people who are on path to spiritual growth. Most of them will never show themselves not only to the mass media but also to any person. They go somewhere, far from people and the civilization, so that they can stay undisturbed. They seek no contact with people and prefer to stay with nature only. So, if you want to learn more about those who perform such “miracles” you need to go and look for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> The book "Life Style Without Food" by Joachim M Werdin All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: