Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A hello from someone in transition to self sustaining human

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: A hello from someone in transition to self sustaining human Reply with quote

Greetings to all,

I?ve joined here to meet and chat to others that feel a very strong calling for dramatic world wide change. Like a new race of humans to replace this society that appears old and redundant to me The best word for it is dull, as in no sparkle anymore, for me. I believe part of this change starts with a body that is self sustaining. You are free from this system, which revolves around food. It is everywhere; supermarkets, restaurants, fast food, food vans, street food, cooking programs, cooking competitions, food ratings, the FDA! Food entraps us, distracts us, it is the sole reason we work I believe. To buy food that isn?t healthly while the highest energy food (fruit) grows freely. Ever wonder why they don?t plant fruit trees everywhere?

I have been vegetarian for 17 years and vegan 15. The last 5 years I have tried raw and fruitarian but repeatedly failed. I have also practiced fasting and last year had one meal a day.

This year I?ve started one meal every other day and find this much easier to maintain raw. I?m very disciplined so far. Intense but short yoga followed by mediation every morning and an intense but short callisthenics workout when home.

I cleared emotional debris with an ayahuasca session on New Years Day and was good to go with my transitioning.

I have many questions though as find this journey a lonely one with very few I can discuss with, even my girlfriend, but the calling is so strong I can?t ignore it anymore.

Time for action and so far I feel great and feel I could easily move to just fruit every other day but may stay raw for another month first.

Peace to all Simon
Candid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: A hello from someone in transition to self sustaining hu Reply with quote

Hi Simon!

Good to see someone new and keen sign up.

I'm impressed by your one raw meal every other day and wonder where in the world you live. Not many fruits grow freely where I am! In England, stodge rules.

Worldwide change is way too ambitious for me. I'm more interested in personal change. I'm unlikely to persuade my husband from his three-meals-a-day mindset, much less anyone else.

I agree food is a major issue but so is housing. I'm kinda attached to electricity and internet, as well. Don't think anyone's going to get out of "the system" in a hurry!

Quote:
I have many questions though as find this journey a lonely one with very few I can discuss with, even my girlfriend, but the calling is so strong I can?t ignore it anymore.

I'd like to say you're in the right place, but as you've noticed there's rarely anyone posting. I too find the journey a lonely one, with two many people snorting in derision if I say I'd like to give up food. Seems almost every social interaction involves eating or drinking.

But yes, post your questions. And welcome to the forum!
Simon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Candid,

Sorry for a late reply. Busy weekend with my sons birthday.

I to live in England and grew up just down the road from you in Basingstoke, though have moved to a far prettier part of our land on the Devon/Somerset border.

I would argue that if you are attempting to self sustain your body (afraid I'm not keen on the word breatharian) then you are in fact making world wide change. It only takes one person to make a difference no matter how small. Have you heard of morphic resonance?

The housing thing, yes I think am ready to let that go. I would rather roam the land to where ever the 'flow' (intuition?) takes me and live in the moment than have so called creature comforts.

I use to be a computer programmer and now do everything I can to get away from technology and back to nature. I would go as far to say that technology hinders a lifestyle without food and nature encourages it. Though suspect it's possible either way. I retrained as a carpenter and now build luxury shepherds huts.

Hopefully this site will become more active as I have several areas where some form of kinship could aid our progress.

At the moment I'm doing well on one meal every two days. I find yoga and meditation (inner fire/tummo) in the morning and an intense but quick calisthenics workout when home helps immensely. It energises me and makes me feel alive and also keeps me busy as to not get bored and think of food, though I am rarely hungry.

Keeping occupied is a thing for me. I have much more time on my hands and should fill it appropriately. Creativity feeds me in a much better way I find and satisfies me far longer.

For me this is very much a spiritual journey, I just feel it calling me. Hard to explain really but I know when I am on track and when I am not. There are quite obvious physical signs.

I feel I could quite easily go one meal every 3 days and probably have fruit juice for one of those meals but perhaps this is a case of running before I can walk. I found the transition from one meal a day, to one meal every other day surprisingly easy and in fact comes with a much better overall feel.

I found on one meal a day I couldn't wait to eat as soon as I got in but every other day doesn't have that urgency.

I also finished reading Jericho Sunfires book. I like this guy a lot. I find him by far the most genuine, shall we say disciple, of this lifestyle and his book rang a truth within me, though his journey isn't mine and mine isn't anybody elses, I found it inspirational.

What's your diet at the moment? Do you have a routine? I find I am very disciplined and this helps maintain my momentum.

All the best,

Simon
Candid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
What's your diet at the moment? Do you have a routine?

A bit messed-up. I had an accident four years ago (acquired brain injury) which has affacted the rght side of my brain, apparently knocking out my chief comfort in life: creative writing. I'm attending a writing group each week, at this stage mostly regurgitating old stuff and hoping for inspiration. Self-discipline has gone out the window.

When I lived alone I used to pick up whatever foods I wanted, doing the bulk of my shopping at big fruit & veg shops rather than supermarkets. With the freedom to pick up whatever enticed me, and no restrictions on 'bad' stuff such as sweets, I naturally ate well, was slim and healthy. Also, I walked or cycled everywhere I went.

Having been married now for fifteen years to a man with aspergers syndrome, I realise pretty much everything has changed. I shop in supermarkets with him, and he drives us both ways. I often go to the fridge, open the door and realise there's nothing I want in there. I then choose something I don't want, and eat more of it than I need.

Since my brain injury I've been on various head drugs, which are notorious for making people both lethargic and perpetually hungry. My GP recently weighed me at 12st 4lb!! This has to stop. I really want off all medication.

I now have great nostalgia for the time I water-fasted for about a month. If you look at my thread http://forum.breatharian.info/viewtopic.php?t=1063, you'll see how that worked out.

So yeah, I have fantasies about getting back to that. It was in Melbourne but in the Australian winter, so I wouldn't anticipate a problem with cold. If I were able to get back to that, I would stay away from this forum for the duration then come back to report the results. I don't need it to be a permanent thing, more a case of putting out the rubbish, but I would continue it as long as it felt right.

The problem I would expect is my husband, who would undoubtedly think I was starving and naturally would continue cooking for himself. That would have to be the time for hauling my carcass out for a good long walk...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: