Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Bi Gu and are there alternatives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustBe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: What is Bi Gu and are there alternatives? Reply with quote

Bi Gu seems to be a form of Chi Kung. It's mentioned in the video about Jani: In the beginnning there was light.

There are no trainings about it here, but it is probably also just a 'name' given by some master.

I was wondering, what type of Chi Kung is good to fill energy buffers in the body? Bi Gu seems to 'big' in this: people don't need that much food or drinks after practising.
JMW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: bigu Reply with quote

The original meaning of bigu is : do not eat grains.
Presently it usually means fasting or eating very small amount of food. Sometimes it means inedia or non-eating. It can also mean liquidarianism.
JustBe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In documentary they seem to refer to a Chi Kung practise called Bi Gu. This type of Bi Gu is focused on to energy the body and so the body doesn't need any food or drinks anymore.

I forgot the name of the master who developed this. I read some reviews, and it seems to be pretty good.

Probably different type of Chi Kung also practise this. Maybe not called Bi Gu.
JMW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: different things Reply with quote

bigu and qigong are two different things that are not related.
bigu means, in ordinary talking, fasting or diet reducing.
qigong is kind of an energetic exercise. It can give enough energy for the body so that you do not feel hungry for some time.
JustBe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think the word Bigu in this documentary is used as sort of Chi Kung state. It is not really a branch or method of Chi Kung. People seem to be able to achieve this state in a few days by Chi Kung practise however. Hard to imagine it is so "advanced".

Some more information here:

http://www.healingtaousa.com/bigu.html

I wonder what is recommended Chi Kung practise? As I did some practise in the past but I didn't feel any benefit from it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: