Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dry Fasting Experience - Inedia Transition
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relicko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Dry Fasting Experience - Inedia Transition Reply with quote

Currently going through my 6th dry fasting, three of which in the past month. The latest one was for 5 days, the current on the 3rd and ongoing.

There's a significant change between the fasts. I give the credit to daily SWF for roughly a week & consuming only fruits, mainly juices, for the past month. What changed from the latest fast is quite dramatic:

First, the bad taste in my mouth is gone as is the white coating on the tongue which indicates on toxins. While my muscles are still heavy I don't feel much weakness in general and was actually very active yesterday, compared to the previous fasts when I could barely function and felt somewhat dead inside, lacking the will to be anywhere or do anything. It is somewhat difficult to talk, though. Also, my face isn't as pale & the blackness under my eyes isn't showing anymore, and my urine is not as clear as it was, sometimes even completely yellow. Moreover, similarly to the 10 day dryfasting I conducted last year and unlike recent fasts, I couldn't sleep last night. I sleep less with each day passing by. Another significant change is the amount of weight I lose nightly: consistently for the past 4 months since began with weight tracking, I lose 0.5kg a night regardless of fasting or not. Yesterday & today I lost about half of it - "only" 200-300g. Mainly due to lots of urination (losing about 200g each time) I lose around 1kg/day consistently while dry fasting. I'm still dissatisfied with the weight loss as I'm already way too skinny, but that gives me hope I'm on the verge of switching the direction to gaining. The only obstacle on all of my fasts is the weight, it drives me quite mental to be honest. Too much pressure around looking normal to keep on going with this transition.

Further development is in the mind games with cravings. They're gone. If I do randomly crave anything, it's fruits, and it's fleeting. All other emotional cravings I had in the past 4 dry fasts, are gone. I lost the bodily need to put anything inside me and realize that when I do want to consume something, with conscious visualisations I realize there's really nothing I want to ingest: I go first by tastes (Do I want sweet? Salty? Sour?) and try to sense how I'll feel with that taste in my mouth, and then to the actual food, trying to imagine myself drinking it and then by eating it, reaching the conclusion I don't really want anything. I feel much more conscious about the real energy of the ingredients; juices I drank for awhile between the dry fasting smell much less appealing, heavy & contaminated now. Just smelling it makes me imagine/feel how it would affect my mind badly with a brain fog.

Several questions still bother me, one of which is why the body can't find a proper solution to eliminating the accumulated intestines instead of going to an unnatural aid such as enemas. I dislike this procedure, it feels too invasive to me. And besides, doing it while dry fasting doesn't seem like a wise idea. If I weren't dry fasting I would do a SWF, something I actually like doing & thought about doing today only after gradually intaking back fluids to not shock the body. I just couldn't make myself drink though, and the thought of consuming that salt and added lemon in such large quantity didn't cut it out for me. Makes you wonder if the body has other plans for whatever is in there, perhaps discarding it later on after finishing other more urgent processes. In my 10 days dry fasting I didn't evacuate in 9 days and didn't feel any ill effects, although afterwards when resuming eating I suffered from constipation for quite awhile. I was regularly constipated before the fast, though.

Another baffling question is why do I keep urinating so much while all the testimonials written tend to report on very low quantity of dark yellowish urine. Mine is in large quantities and usually closer to transparent than yellow. It seems like my body is breaking lots of matter (glycogen/fats/muscles) which in turn gets rid of the water stored within that matter. Moreover, the dry mouth issue I don't experience whatsoever, on none of my dry fasts. Everyone talk about being so dry, I even read about people walking around with ice in their mouths. My mouth is not only wet but over producing saliva which forces me to either swallow it or spit it out, while the former is my natural inclination.

All in all, the only problem I'm facing now is the weight. The moment I see even 50 grams of gain, I'll be thrilled. Despite things going great, I'll consider alternating for the time-being between dry fasting and juicing & SWF, to get maximum cleansing results without risking losing too much weight.
relicko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally.

I'll be careful in my statement, but I think I finally made the transition. Last night was absolutely wonderful.

Felt like there's no air in the room I'm staying, decided to go out for a walk. What I didn't know is that short walk would lead to a face-paced 30 minutes walk around the block. Despite being so heavy and tired easily recently, out of nowhere I gained massive amount of vigor while walking. I kept increasing the speed and felt absolutely no fatigue or any kind of breathing problems / pains. It even felt like the more I walk and the faster, the more power I get. At times I didn't even need to breath, it felt like my body self-sustains itself through the walk and inhaling occurred only randomly. Returning back to the room I did 20 pushups and spent the next several hours just being on the wooden floor doing all kind of stretches & breathing exercises. I felt full of energy and my body seems to recover instantly, allowing me both to endure pains of touching a sore muscle/bone, and keeping on the exercises without needing to rest.

I urinated one time yesterday, before bed. I realized I may have made a mistake beforehand with going to the toilet whenever I "felt" a need to go, but in retrospect I realize each time I did go, it didn't immediately went out; I needed to somewhat "push" and wait several seconds to get the urine to reach its exit. Realizing that, I just didn't let it out yesterday, and it didn't bother me throughout the day at all, I could even go to sleep without urinating but I felt it has accumulated enough, so I went anyway. Instead of going about 5 times a day it reduced to one.

Slept for 5-6 hours, keeping the consistency of sleeping less. Woke up without any sore muscles from yesterday, losing only 100g that night! Didn't feel the need to urinate in the morning. Upon waking up I spent 30min or so with more stretching, again with ease, and went out for a short run which led to more fast walking. Running felt like too much at this point, decided to not exceed too much so I just went around the block and continued with a fast walk. Appropriate to mention that I'm in the worst shape. I didn't exercise in ages, and even before the fast doing any kind of physical effort was immensely hard. Can't remember the last time I ran.

As said that I might do, two days ago I went for a day of Salt/Lemon Water Flush & some juicing, which turned out to be a good decision. Despite evacuating some more junk afterwards, the following day I had a perfect naturally "banana-shape" elimination in the morning. Thinking I became so dependent on external measures to do so, it surprised me. Continued with dry fasting later, now on the 2nd day.

It seems like throughout my dry fasts I just can't stand water touching me. I showered 2 times in the past month, each time felt awful during and after. About 2 weeks now that I didn't shower. Even in the morning I'm somewhat reluctant to have water touching my face, so I just really take several drops just for refreshment. The face is somewhat more bearable, but the rest of the body... I just don't want any water touching me.
JMW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: valuable sharing Reply with quote

relicko, thank your for your sharing. I see it valuable for many people. Indeed, interesting experience.
relicko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating. Currently on my 4th day without food/water.

Kept with the alternating dry fasting & Salt/Lemon Water Flush up until 4 days ago. Dropped the juices as I realized I just keep a dependency on sugar, which I believe was the trigger for the first real heavy detox reaction I faced for the past two days, still ongoing. Headache, nausea, vomiting, bad mouth taste, excessive salivation & urination, lots of sensations in the head. Couldn't keep up the energy I felt a week ago, it vanished as fast as it came. Still losing weight due to urination. Vomiting occurred today upon waking. I have a sort of a phobia of it, so it was really difficult for me. I felt like going yesterday but fought it, hoping it'll go away. It didn't. What came out... sheesh. Black particles floating in a sea of acid. Seemed like a burnt matter.

Still can't take anything in me. My body doesn't want anything, just to let it detox.

Despite eating for 5 months now mostly fruits/veggies, only fruits/juices for the past month and a half, conducting atleast 6 or 7 dry fasts (lost counting) of minimum 3 days each time, I'm still going through such heavy detoxing symptoms. It's crazy.

Either I have some really major underlying health issues I wasn't aware of (I actually suspected in the past I may have issues with my blood), or it is pretty much a lost cause in helping 'ordinary' people live without food. I can't possibly imagine someone I know going through such a process. Even if I, with all my ideals and will power to make this transition struggle so much, I really can't see someone who's in much worse condition than I am without such ideals going through such a process. What's certain is that Steve Torrence's cold-turkey approach will definitely be too much for most people. Gradual transition through fruits/juices is ideal. That must be the first step before people can really let go of food. Dry fasting, more than the ones conducted in such initiations processes of 4-7 days, would be unbearable for most. Torrence says to cut everything and give only water if needed, but in my case it isn't valid as I can't even take a sip of water on its own. My body rejects all plain water, either by drinking or even touching my body. The Salt/Lemon Water was fine, as was juices. Water on its own is a big no-no.
relicko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sum up the past few days in one word: Hell.

I'd give anything I own if Steve Torrence or anyone who managed to transition cold-turkey went through such detox as I did. Nightmare. I have pretty high tolerance when it comes to something I strongly believe in, but even for me it was just too much.

Whatever it was in my stomach that wanted to get out, it was probably so toxic it didn't dare going through my intestines. I was vomiting 4 times in total, each time it was darker and darker, but the 5th time I felt like going again which is today, it just refused to go out. I felt miserable. I couldn't even lie down properly. Could barely move.

Perhaps I'll go back to drinking juices / eating fruits and alternating with dry fasts again. It seems I was really sick, otherwise I can't see a justification for such strong detox for so many days after months now of alternative fasting with fruits. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited by relicko on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
relicko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The liver, among other things, is an organ of elimination. The products it takes from the blood are made into bile and poured out as such. When the sick man fasts the liver greatly increases the production of bile and this is poured into the intestine. The quantity and character of bile secreted during a fast as well as its degrees of alkalinity or possible acidity seem to be dependent upon the toxic overload under which the patient is struggling. Habitual hearty eaters, particularly those who consume large quantities of proteins and carbohydrates, produce the most bile and suffer most discomfort as a result.

Observations upon thousands of fasting cases have convinced me that the sooner the "over-production" of bile commences, after the cessation of eating, and the more bile is thrown off, the more rapidly the patient recovers his or her health. The patient is cleaning out. It is doubtful if such bile would have much value as a digestive fluid. In many cases, at least, its alkalinity is greatly reduced and it may even be slightly acid at times. When vomited it ranges in color from almost that of water, having but little bile pigment in it, to very dark. It often has a very offensive odor, not an odor of decay, and is commonly mixed with large amounts of mucus, this latter coming largely from the stomach, no doubt. Such bile must be considered as almost wholly a product of the excretory function of the liver. The secretory function is probably at rest like that of the glands which secrete digestive juices."

"To those, who, through high-living and overfeeding, have given the liver work beyond its capability, the experience of the fast is often trying. Bile is cast out in large amounts and floods the intestines to such extent that, often before it can be carried downward, some of it finds its way into the stomach, with nausea and vomiting as sequelae. There is no absolute certainty of the appearance of this sign, but it is usually present in the subjects referred to. In extreme form nausea with vomiting suggests either the presence of an obstruction in the small intestines situated below the opening of the gall duct, or that of organic disease of the liver. If the latter exists, the vomited fluid is ordinarily blackish in color; if the former be the case, the bile vomited is usually yellow or greenish-yellow in tint. In any event the symptom is distressing and it may be more or less serious as to cause, but a number of instances with it intermittently in evidence are noted that progressed to favorable outcome."

Source: http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1907637#i
relicko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping on the alternating dry fasting & juices. Usually at the 4th day of dry fasting I'll switch to some water obtained from raw fruits followed by a salt water cleanse, or vice versa. The main reason for withholding the dry fast is that I don't want to use enemas. It's absolutely ridiculous that nasty stuff still comes out of me.

The nausea/vomiting didn't return, guess I'm passed that which evoked the reaction. A new symptom which I actually experienced before but didn't show up in the past 2 months - acetone production. The smell was incredibly strong for 3 days and lessened towards the 4th. Also, I extracted more mucus out of my throat. Still losing weight due to urination. I'm officially a skeleton.

Quote:
One of the products of fermentation within the body during disease is known by the name of acetone. There is no doubt that acetone, the result of the decomposition of organic matter, is present in greater or lesser degree in many cases during the fast. It is not at any time necessarily a product of the albumen of food, but is more probably the result of the destruction of that part of the body albumen that has come from the breaking down of tissue cells, waste that, instead of being normally eliminated, is retained with consequent decomposition. In other words, the material that produces acetone has served its purposes as living cell growth. In cases under medical treatment its presence is regarded with dread, and at times when it appears, as it is apt to in anaesthetized subjects under the knife of the surgeon, operations have been abandoned because of the fear of death while the paralysis of the anaesthetic endures. Its appearance in a patient undergoing a fast is an indication of derangement of more than ordinary gravity. In health there is no production of acetone, since discarded cell waste is eliminated before fermentation can occur. Once food is denied and cell refuse is discharged into the channels of evacuation, acetone, when it is present, appears in all the excretions, and its characteristic ether-like odor is most pronounced. In cases like these one of the signs of the beginning of the end of the fast is discovered in the disappearance of acetone from urine, breath, and excrete generally. It is then no longer formed, since the body is again in position to produce normal healthy cell structure balanced by normal elimination of waste.

During my latest dry fast which I ended today with a salt water cleanse, I experienced all kind of sensations around my spleen area and for a short while in my lower back. Most of the sensations tend to be in the intestines, though. My body surely tries to fix a malfunction. Keeps me wonder what happens inside, what is being treated. Wish I could know.

Still baffled by how long it takes me to detox despite living such a healthy life for such a long time. Can't wait to finish with this and see my body rebuilds itself.

P.S

Can't believe I'm writing this but, I actually have good smell coming out of my armpits. Laughing I suffered from bad odor for years. It would bother me immensely as I didn't want to use artificial products such as deodorant, and my mom who's basically like a dog when it comes to smells, would always mention it putting me in an awkward position and I would be quietly offended by it. The odor is gone.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Some Questions Reply with quote

Says you did a 10 dry fast last year. Do you remember much about it? I was wondering if you noticed a turn around on the 5th day? Tomorrow will be the start of my 5th day. I have been watching other that post on YouTube and they said that they seen a turn around on the 5th day. I don't know what they mean but was hoping you could elaborate if you remember.
relicko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey SkyRose,

The 10 day dry fast I conducted last year wouldn't be of much use experience-wise as my physical & mental states were vastly different than those of others. I began the fast on a 60kg on 1.82 height, losing 10kg in the process, not using any methods of elimination such as enemas and didn't evacuate for 9 days. As I believed there's no doubt I can live without food or water, I just downright abstained from it. As I read at the time about Ray Maor's 10-day process and he isn't talking about any cleansing methods there, just some breathing exercises, I just went for it. Mentally-wise, I was literally living in dream world at the time, I saw everything in terms of energies and was ready to leave the physical body. I was with one foot already out of the world, and had explained many of what I went through, physically, on a mystical level. For instance, unlike anyone else out there, I stayed hydrated the entire time and thus concluded I was being "watered down" by some magical force within me. I'm still staying hydrated during dry fasting to this day, still have no clue why. Also, I didn't sleep for 9 days, I wouldn't fall asleep, which created a sort of 'distortion' between the wake/dream world. I was in a constant meditative state.

As I felt pretty much the same the entire fast, which was very good & optimistic without any kind of detox symptom, I do not recall a shift on the 5th day. On the 7th day was the first time my body wanted water despite still not being dry, and I denied it of my body for 3 days onward. Which was both a blessing & a mistake, as I uncovered an hidden power, but my transition came to an end. My body needed the water for the process of elimination, most likely, and I didn't give it.

I read about such a change on the 3rd day, in the mentioned 10-day process. People talk about suddenly being more energetic, feeling less the acute detox reaction. Again, I can't relate to that. Wink Most of the people going through such processes don't become non-eaters anyhow.

My advise is to not worry about what should/shouldn't be happening on a certain day. Listen to your body. The only instance you shouldn't follow your body's signal is when it craves something unnatural. For instance, a craving for a processed food. These are more likely emotional reaction that will pass. Besides that, whatever you experience, let it stick for a while to see what it is your body really wants / doing. If you can go on with the fast, and manage to cleanse & eliminate properly, by all means, go ahead.

Last edited by relicko on Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total
relicko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm thrilled as I had a natural bowel movement this morning. Didn't have one in atleast a month. Along with my fresh breath, clear tongue & vanished foul odor, I think I'm close to the end of the detox. As I usually do, I drink juices after the salt water flush, and I gained a whopping 2.6kg yesterday just by drinking despite losing so much in the toilet due to the flush.

Jupiter entered Libra yesterday, which is considered a very positive location in the astrological community. It conjuncts my Ascendant, my 1st house, which tends to be considered beneficial for weight gain as Jupiter tends to expand whatever it touches, and the Ascendant has a direct influence on the physical body.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice I do greatly appreciate. I would really like to know more of your spiritual experiences. I have not fully cleansed intestines and still on the detox state but I am taking this a day at a time.
Serafina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Congrats on doing so many dry fasts! I just wanted to reach out and connect with a note of support and some personal experience.

In June of this year I did the Breatharian transition with Ray Moar and it was successful. On day 3 of the transition my body converted to a pranic source. However, the detox and the cravings and everything else have been hell! It's been incredibly challenging to stay pranic (I also work in a grocery store which has made all the hunger and cravings worse!).

I am going on my 3rd four day dry fast later this month as a reset. Everytime I do a dry fast I feel like there's a huge emotional and mental detox and I feel like a completely different person every time. The detox is incredibly challenging even for people who have remarkabley clean diets because it is a multi-level detox - not just a physical, if I can tell you from witnessing the group of people I transitioned with.

I feel like there is only the tip of the iceberg I am aware of detoxing while my body is moving the rest of that iceberg out.

Also I went 3 weeks without a bowel movement and then I forced it to happen with Icecream. Also tried the salt water lemon cleanse and it didn't do anything for me but made me so nauseous.

I hope you are doing well! Smile
relicko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Serafina!

Nice to have more active people around.

Initially I was following Ray's regimen aswell as he's a fellow countrymen and he's the first one I found when looking in Hebrew for this lifestyle. I didn't go to his retreat, though. Problem I see now with his approach, correct me if I'm wrong, is that he put no emphasis whatsoever on the cleansing process. He doesn't talk about enemas or flushing or the importance to get all the junk out before the body can sustain itself. His approach to all of this is pretty 'spiritual', but reading through this forum you get the idea that perhaps we shouldn't treat it this way. What usually brings people to go through this process is spirituality, hence why it is more profound & easier to follow a spiritual rationalization, but in the end of the day all there is to it is the body cleansing itself so it can function properly and sustain itself as it could & should, by whatever means you want to call it: Prana, Chi, Cosmic Energy, Light, we don't really know, but it doesn't have to be so radically spiritual. We can just assume this is the natural way of the body to function, but we need to let it clean & repair itself after decades of abuse.

I think that may be the reason so many people get back to eating eventually after these processes. Ray's mindset going through his own process was very strict & well-calculated. He prepared himself for nearly a year before he went for it. He is a very driven person with lots to prove both to himself & others, he had the goal already through the process of becoming a messenger of this method, and when he makes himself a framework of rules he should go by, he sticks to it no matter what. Not to mention that he seemed like a perfectly healthy individual before going through his process. He is quite unique in his physical structure and in his personality in general; one of the most multi-faceted people I ever met. A perfect balance of energies assisting him in touching every aspect of life with optimum flow. I actually checked his astrological chart once, and it is very indicative there. Lots of harmony in his life.

Those going through his 10-day process think they just need to pass the 4 days of dry fasting and they're "pranic" and that's it. Again, I think it's misleading as he doesn't talk about the long process of detox the body will keep going through. I'm already almost 2 months into this and still going! Also that rule where you shouldn't chew food so the neural connection between chewing & hunger will not resume. I don't think it's relevant unless you think it is. Chewing a ripe, soft fruit to its liquid form and swallowing will ruin nothing in the process, I tell you from experience. At first I followed his rule and made shake out of everything, until I realized it's all mind games anyhow and I should use my mouth to make the shake, not an unnatural machine. When I break out of the dry fasts now I usually chew fruits with high water content to its liquid form and swallow mostly its water content (Watermelon, Oranges, Grapefruit, Grapes, Prunes). I bite into very soft textures. I don't eat apples, for instance. The hunger sensation never returns anyhow.

Another aspect Ray was wrong about is the weight. He wrote & says that someone who's already too skinny won't lose too much weight as the "body won't let him". False. I kept losing weight despite being extremely underweight. In these kind of processes one shouldn't make such statements as there are so many individual cases and it can be downright irresponsible claiming such a thing. You can say, otherwise, that it may be less likely, but could happen to certain people being already too skinny.
Serafina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! I laugh because you have a lot of opinions (just like Ray does) and many of my fellow ones going through the process with Ray have made similar statements.

I did think that after the transition that would be that, and was not expecting such a long post-process to fully transition into the lifestyle. I also cleansed my system as soon as I decided I was doing it, which was six months prior. I also had friends that had been cleansing themselves for years have huge difficulties after the process even though they were probably - physically speaking - the cleanest ones there.

There are so many levels of detoxifcation and purification that is undertaken in this process that I was and still am unaware of..

I think this process is very individual and there's still a lot we don't know about it. I think women experience the transition differently from the men. At least that's how it seemed at the retreat when there were five or six of the women doing exactly the opposite of what Ray said because we needed to. We needed to cleanse the space, be in hot tubs, cleanse our bodies with ice cold water. We needed to move the energy and feel the extremes and just be with ourselves as our intuition guided us.

I think Ray is an incredible person doing incredibly challenging work. As his soul planned it he came in with the right astrological, physical, emotional, mental composition to do the work he set out to do. He is definitely bringing an unique and powerful energy to the world and making this lifestyle a real possibility for a lot of people. And there are parts of his process that could be tweaked and he does tweak it from what I've seen.

I am wondering when my moon will return though? No one seems to have much information on this, and its been three months now.
Serafina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I agree with you that this isn't a purely spiritual process. There are many who are not that spiritual and I have had visions of the entirety of humanity living this way because, like you say, it is the natural way of the human body to sustain itself. It is like the fruits of the trees and bushes are cherries on top of the pranic ice cream that sustains us. Treats of joy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: