Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dry Fasting Experience - Inedia Transition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relicko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While never experienced it myself, from what I understood, real hunger is felt in the throat, not the stomach. Grumblings/noises are nothing but movements, contractions, that have nothing to do with hunger. We were taught to associate hunger with such sensations. Perhaps you didn't fully let go of that false belief?

I think eating/drinking could also be somewhat tricky, as you may be thirsty but eat something packed with water. I really have no idea how you guys drink plain water during a fast. I really don't. Not only my body doesn't wants it, I don't want it, but it actually dries me up, as plain water does dehydrate the body on a cellular level, hence why so many people on water fasts report being dry despite drinking large amounts of water. Don't you feel that plain water is dehydrating? I don't feel thirst nor hunger anymore, but I can tell when my body needs water, and it directs me to a certain fruit in order to extract it from.

Well, fruits are expansive anywhere, I believe. Depends on the season, availability, country of origin etc', but in general it's not a cheap business. However, I believe it is such mostly for those already eating a western diet. I had any disputes over this manner before with my family, them accusing me for eating a very expansive diet (organic, all kinds of special foods), but what they didn't take into consideration is that meanwhile I don't buy all the junk that they do, I didn't buy meat, eggs, dairy, soft drinks, snacks, candies, breads, didn't make takeaways, etc'. Similarly with fruits. It may be expansive, but you don't buy anything else, you know? As for the fruits being "dead" where you are, I don't know what to say about that. Shocked

By the way, this whole discussion and my general transition thread has become alot around fruits, and so I'd like to mention that I'm not suggesting it is obligatory or something or is the right way to make the transition, but it sure seems like it is the most balanced, middle way, gradually transitioning by assisting the body with the detox & elimination process. It's so personal, everyone with their own mechanisms, their own bodies, their own physical traumas, their past conditioning, their held beliefs, mind games, emotional dependencies, environment, etc' etc'. Anyone should just do whatever it is works for them by the most natural means possible, in their own pace.
Serafina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew that about hunger.

After my initial fast I didn't drink very much water at all. I thought I would drink more water than usual this time around, and while I've drunk 3 litres + I feel incredibly thirsty! More thirsty than usual while going through this fast. I will experiment with this to find out if the days I drink less vs the days I drink more to see what changes (if anything).

I was going to do a 40 day water fast but I feel ambivalent to it. In the sense that I can't decide if that's actually what I need to do next ~ I want to detox & get the cravings/hunger gone. I want to gain self mastery through this process and I'm not sure on my next steps. I guess I have to meditate on it.

I get what you are saying. Like I said before, this journey is very much an individual journey. You are all over the fruits! I was all over the juice! I could probably be all over juice again, lol
Serafina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out I was just getting sick with a cold. This happened after my last dry fast too. And it makes sense ~ I worked hard 9 days straight, during with the last two working days were dry days and water ceremony right before I hop back into a regular work schedule. Gotta be hard on the body.

I want to stay home but contractors are scheduled to work today and there's gonna be a lot of hammering and sawing and all the noises that grate the edges of my nerves so I'm going to work with some santasapina bon bons and a euchinecua(sp?) throat spray and some herbal tea. I am so incredibly cold though, and this is following the same pattern the cold took after the last dry fast, which is sore throat, lowered energy, chills and being cold. I was wearing 2 sweaters and fleece lined tights in 25 degree weather last time!

Anywho. Just wanted to update that - not sick because of water intake. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: