Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting My Fast
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Starting My Fast Reply with quote

Hello All,

I am new here but not new to doing different fast. In the past I have fasted for several days at a time. I am a vegetarian and have been for 3 years. I have done a 40 day juice fast of which I felt really great. I want to get back to feeling good and breaking my addiction to food.

This is my first day on a dry fast and I will see how long it last. Afterwards, I hope to stay with only liquid intake for a while. I am 48 years old and have a wonderful family. I wanted to come here for support. Even though my family is wonderful they struggle with the same perception on the need for food that society has embedded in us.

Thanks for having me here. I have enjoyed reading past experiences.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: SkyeRose Day 2 Reply with quote

Did good yesterday with no major cravings. Staying motivated and doing a lot of reading on this site. Many inspirational experiences, along with different trials that people have experimented with. I know that many people come and go on here but I am glad the owner has not removed this site. Way to much valuable information to be read.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Also, wanted to add that RBE posted that he did a 17 day dry fast. I have only made it for 4 days in the past and was so thirsty, I was having bad headaches. Your post gives me hope that I can go longer on a dry fast. I really want to get to the point where my body transitions to becoming self sustaining. Not to say I will never eat or drink anymore but that it would be self chosen and without struggle. I realize there is always that choice but desires for food is not easily discarded.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Day 3 of my Progress Reply with quote

09/08/2016 Day 3

Yesterday went well. My sister came over and wanted some food and tea. So, I warmed up some barbecue ribs that was left overs from my husbands dinner that was in the refrigerator. This did not bother me as I haven't eat meat in over three years. However, the tea is something I would have almost daily so I really wanted some. She did not seem to notice that I wasn't having any with her. I was doing school work as I am working on my Master Degree through an online program.

This morning I weighed myself and was 157.2 lbs. so not much weight loss. I think the first day was a lot of water weight. My heart has been beating a little faster but is still below the mid 80's. I woke up many times during the night wide-a-wake. I do feel a little weak today but staying active. If I move to quickly I get a little light headed. This morning, when I watered my plants I did a little sun gazing as the sun was just rising. Did not notice any energy changes.

My daughter made some croissants and they smelled really delicious but I just enjoyed the smell and went on with my work. In my past experiences with fasting the third day was the worst for cravings of food. Many people that start this process work there way to this stage by going through a vegetarian to vegan to fruitarian to liquidtarian and then do the final fast. Yes, I am jumping a few stages so we shall see how I fare.

From past experiences, I know the benefits of being only on liquids. After, my 7 days of a dry fast I plan to reincorporate water and depending on my physical status will include a tablespoon of fruit juice to the water. Giving my body time to adjust and convert to non-eating. I know that my weight is very high for my height 5'5 1/2", so there is plenty of fat for energy. It is my belief that the body will mostly use that source until it no longer exist before my system will convert to a new source of energy or self sustaining. My system is hard wired the way it processes just as my mentality of the need for food to survive has to be reprogrammed. The bodies need for food is something I no longer believe as I have seen the proof.

However, there is a fine line between continually given even the smallest of artificial calories such as those from fruit juices in water, will prevent a complete conversion as your body will be trying to use two methods of producing an energy source. This is why I feel it is important to only provide small and periodic doses of the artificial form of energy. Doing so only when the body shows extreme signs of stress. This is a theory of mine of which I plan to explore in more detail as this transformation within myself continues.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Quick Note Reply with quote

Just letting you know that over the weekend I will be having company and my children are having friends over so may not get the opportunity to post a daily update but I will still try. If not I will report back on Monday.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Day 4 Reply with quote

09/09/2016 4th Day

This is my fourth day on the dry fast. My report from yesterday was good. Stayed busy did some laundry and dishes my children left for me in the sink, how nice. I don't eat and still have to cook and do dishes, this is the life. LOL! I love them so it is labor of love. Really, I didn't mind as it kept me busy. I haven't taken naps during the day but have slept well at night. I will wake up about 2 or 3 am and watch YouTube videos on Breatharianism for inspiration. The food thing hasn't been that hard and really the lack of water hasn't been as bad as the last time. I did want to get water from the water fountain out of reflex but stopped myself and also almost picked up one of my kids cups of tea without thinking and again stopped myself.

This morning my heart rate is a little faster, Heart rate is 88 bpm. A little high but not to excessive. My weight is 154.9 fairly steady and urine out put is 2 to 3 times a day. Still not having the light- headedness since the first two days. This is a lot less for me as I normally go much more often and I have to say I love not waking up to go during the night. I usually didn't drink a whole lot during the day in the past because of all the bathroom breaks.

My thought process this time is different, before I would see food I wanted and would get it and say I'm going to save this for when I'm finished with my fast. However, this time I tell myself, "food is a toxin and makes me sick with inflammation," as it truly does. I also say, "I'm not having that stuff anymore and don't need it anymore." It helps taking yourself through the process. So, may this 4th day be as pleasant as the rest.
Serafina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Awesome job fasting! I really like how you reframe food. I find it to be such a mind game, and food really does make me sick! I feel a sore throat coming on after I eat, and there's more mucus, and then suddenly I am slow. I'm going to use that new programming in my next dry fast. Thank you.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Serafina,

I get that mucus when I eat also but I haven't had any food since the 6th of this September which is not very long but I don't feel hungry at all and surprisingly I am not having craving either. Some food look good but that is all.

I hope you quest goes well and you keep us updated as it is good to know others on the same path. No one in my family knows that I am on this path but they will notice eventually.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: 09/12/2016 Reply with quote

After the 5th day of dry fasting I started drinking prune juice strongly diluted with water. I was advised and tend to agree that until my body has been flushed from the toxins that I won't be able to achieve the state I hope to. I am still not eating as food would only create more toxin to be removed. My current weight is 152 lbs. I'm not able to get a great deal of water down usually about 2 cups (6 oz) full. I have tried to get more water down to speed up the detox but it starts making me feel sick. I'm still having some dry mouth. Other wise energy is doing okay but not speeding up. In regards to sleep, I'm waking up after only a couple of hours. Then I lay down again about 3 or 4 am and dose back off until 6 or 7 am.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: 09/13/2016 Reply with quote

This is the start of day 7 and finally for the first time I have seen some intestinal cleansing. It is actually making me feel more energetic. I have had no solid food intake. However, I have had some hot tea with strained lemon juice as I was told this will help do some intestinal cleansing and the prune juice with water didn't seem to help much. Probably because I wasn't getting much down. Even highly diluted I don't like prune juice very much.

It was taking me a couple of hours to ingest one cup of warm lemon water so, I switched to the intake of Himalayan salt method. This time I boiled some tomato in fresh spring water and shungite water and added the salt, then strained out the seeds and pulp. It was very watered down as I could barely taste the tomato but it was enough to make it not taste like straight salt water. That when the intestines started moving. I plan to continue like this until the discharge from the intestines are mostly clear.
relicko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like you really force yourself to ingest things, and not only that, but things you dislike. Don't take in prunes if you don't like it. Why force the tomato down?

I have many likes & dislikes when it comes to food, mainly dislikes. Despite not liking Grapefruit as a general rule, I found myself during this transition favouring it in some occasions, really enjoying the taste. Same thing goes to any citrus fruit. While I generally like oranges, it's not something I'll naturally go for if had to choose a certain fruit. I'm a Pitta/Fire type and Oranges aggravate this element, hence why despite liking the taste, my body naturally doesn't want such a thing. And yet, I found Oranges really delicious & helpful during this period.

Why wouldn't you give a try to the warm salt water with lemon flush? I personally really like it. The taste is fine as the lemon really decreases the bold salty taste, and doing it gives you the good feeling of knowing it will go right through you, cleaning everything in the way on the go. It's like waiting for treat really, getting all that accumulated junk out of you. While most people do it with ridiculous amounts of ~2L, I have no idea how, I tend to do it with "only" 0.75L. Only on one occasion I did two sessions of 0.75L in one day, as the first one didn't lead to a bowel movement. I split it into three 250ml gulping, inbetween doing some stretches which supposedly assist in reaching the waste better in the intestines (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYFmp01XSpA). Experiment with it. Listen to your body. Don't give anything you don't like or your body doesn't want. It's counterproductive.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Relicko,

Thanks for all the good advice. Actually, I did switch to the tomato juice as I really like drinking that. Not a big fan of the warm lemon water as I don't put sugar in it. The tomato juice really cover up the strong salt taste. It is much easier to use and has been working really good. My mouth feels like it is releasing a lot of toxins right now feels like morning breath all day long. I am feeling so much better thought.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Beginning of Day 9 Reply with quote

09/14/2016

I am losing track of the days now. I feel really good and sleeping less. My detox is going good as my mouth isn't feeling like morning breath as much. When I floss my teeth there isn't any plaque either. Today, I am going to do water only. This feels good and my body feels lighter and no bloating. I am going to try do some stretching for the intestines.

It is hard to believe that I am on the 9th day and it doesn't feel like it has been that long since I have eaten. In the past with my fasting I would want food really bad but this time that desire isn't there. Foods still look good to me but my desire to be healthy is stronger. Maybe, I can finally break my addiction to food.
Serafina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds amazing!

I love that the hunger and cravings have disappeared for you. I still have them and I'm convinced its because of my workplace, le sigh (I've been seeking work that pays as well or more not food related but haven't had any luck yet).

I agree with Relicko; drink/eat what you enjoy. Don't force yourself. Be gentle. Smile

I will keep you updated when I begin my next dry & water fast round. <3
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Good Advice Reply with quote

Serafina,

That is good advice to not force yourself. However, the mind can play tricks on you when it is having strong cravings food as it is easy to convince yourself that you are forcing a need for food versus a craving for food. I have been down this road several times and always find some reason to talk myself out of it or postponing it.

There always seems to be a holiday, birthday, going out to dinner with the family, and a movie with popcorn among many others. However, I do understand the necessity of not forcing the transition. It was hard to decide that I wasn't ready for the water restriction with only 2 of the 7 days left of what I had planned for my dry fast. However, I had to listen to my body and I knew that I was not experiencing the intestinal detox. Research is important with this process and it led me to understanding the importance of water and how it helps the body detox efficiently.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences as they are both inspiring and a way to learn from others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: