Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting My Fast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Detox Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone else going thorough detox if they would get a metallic taste in their mouth?
relicko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably acetone.

Source 1:

Quote:
Like the tongue, the breath becomes laden with disagreeable evidences of a foul interior, and during the earlier portion of the fasting period, its odor is most offensive. Gradual improvement in this respect is an indicator of the progress of purification which the body is undergoing, and the termination of a successful fast is heralded by an odorless breath.

One of the products of fermentation within the body during disease is known by the name of acetone. There is no doubt that acetone, the result of the decomposition of organic matter, is present in greater or lesser degree in many cases during the fast. It is not at any time necessarily a product of the albumen of food, but is more probably the result of the destruction of that part of the body albumen that has come from the breaking down of tissue cells, waste that, instead of being normally eliminated, is retained with consequent decomposition. In other words, the material that produces acetone has served its purposes as living cell growth. In cases under medical treatment its presence is regarded with dread, and at times when it appears, as it is apt to in anaesthetized subjects under the knife of the surgeon, operations have been abandoned because of the fear of death while the paralysis of the anaesthetic endures. Its appearance in a patient undergoing a fast is an indication of derangement of more than ordinary gravity. In health there is no production of acetone, since discarded cell waste is eliminated before fermentation can occur. Once food is denied and cell refuse is discharged into the channels of evacuation, acetone, when it is present, appears in all the excretions, and its characteristic ether-like odor is most pronounced. In cases like these one of the signs of the beginning of the end of the fast is discovered in the disappearance of acetone from urine, breath, and excrete generally. It is then no longer formed, since the body is again in position to produce normal healthy cell structure balanced by normal elimination of waste.

Source 2:

Quote:
When your body burns fat for energy, the fat breaks down and creates chemicals called ketones. This is called ketosis. A byproduct of ketones is a chemical called acetone. Your body gets rid of the acetone in your body by breathing it out, which is why you may have a funny taste in your mouth. Your breath may smell funny to others when you're experiencing ketosis as well. Some people describe the taste and smell as a fruity or sweet taste, while others say it tastes metallic.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: 09/15/2016 Reply with quote

09/15/2016 This the Beginning of Day 10

Relicko, thank you for all that information I am going to do more research on that after of course, I get done with my college research for this week. This course is on research and I really hate doing research papers. It is so much better doing research when you can absorb the information without all the extra work.

Yesterday, went very good as I was full of energy and had nothing but water. Brushed my teeth a lot yesterday as it constantly felt like my breath stank. Haven't given an update on my weight lately so thought I would add that today. I am approximately 146 lbs. and I started if I remember correctly at 163 lbs. so 17 lbs. of weight loss. They say you loose more when there is more fat to get rid of.

This morning I have been doing a lot of house cleaning so I added 2 table spoons of orange juice to my 16 oz bottle of water. Still sipping on it. I will most likely drink nothing but water after that for the rest of the day. I am also sleeping more hours at night. I still wake up during the night and watch YouTube videos until I fall back to sleep. Guess my body is going through some good detox right now.
Serafina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited for you! <3
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Serafina,

Thank you it always helps to have support.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: 09/16/2016 Update Reply with quote

09/16/2016

This morning was the beginning of day 11 and it has gone very well. Today I was put to the test. My family and I went to Logan's Restaurant and all my meal consisted of was a glass of water with 2 slices of lemon. The food looked good but it wasn't that hard to not eat. I kept myself busy with my grandchildren. I was cutting up their food and cleaning up their messes. No one ask me why I wasn't eating, I guess they just assumed that I was on a diet.

My energy has been good today still having the bad breath and dry mouth though. My stamina is a little bit less than normal.

Also, I dreamed that I won some money in the lottery. Probably wishful thinking.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: 09/19/2016 Reply with quote

We had a long busy weekend with our children's activities. It was a lot of fun but also exhausting. The long drive gave me time to do some research on colon cleansing so, today and tomorrow I am working hard to get some cleansing of the intestines done. I have been doing the salt water flush.

If I can get my intestines more cleaned out then maybe the rest of the body cleansing will go a little faster. After Wednesday, I am going to start lowering my water intake a little more. My concern is, if I lower my water intake before my bowels are mostly cleaned out then they won't have enough water to cleanse them. Anyway, this is my thoughts.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: 09/21/2016 Reply with quote

09/21/2016

I did a good cleansing this weekend and thought that I would do some more dry fasting to see how it goes. I started with the dry fast last night.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Day 2 of Second Round of Dry Fast Reply with quote

09/22/2016

On my second day of second round of my dry fast. Not to thirsty no increase in pulse rate.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: 09/23/2016 Reply with quote

Well today I was working hard in the heat and ended up drinking water and having some potato soup. It is making my stomach hurt. Don't know what I was thinking. I knew to start with watered down juice. Oh, well we live and learn.
Serafina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay! Be gentle with yourself. I broke one of my water fasts with potato soup too! I felt high and like vomiting after. It was dairy based. *ick* Will never do that again lol.

Glad to see you are still truckin' along. Sending you some love <3
relicko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a good exercise to take out of your psyche any kind of unnaturally consumed substances. Potato isn't natural for us to consume. Not only it isn't eaten raw, it's actually quite toxic in that state and could be quite toxic even when cooked. The belladonna family in general could be potentially problematic. The cherry tomato seems to be fine, though. My general rule is to not touch anything that doesn't carry its seeds. Consuming something seedless means you're killing that certain thing. Fruits, including the wrongly categorized tomato & cucumber, are the ones to go for.
Serafina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really interesting @Relicko, Thank you.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Potato Soup Reply with quote

The soup did make me feel bad and I knew better. I know that liquids should be used coming off a fast. I was reading your thread about drinking to much water and it making you more thirsty and that fits so well with the high amount of thirst I was experiencing. It seemed the more I drank the m9re I wanted.

This dry fast I am on now hasn't been bad so far. I will definitely watch my water intake this next time. Thanks for all the tips.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

10/03/2016

Just wanted to give an update. After my last 3 days of dry fast I decided to do a step back and also try an experiment inspired by Relicko. I started doing the raw fruit and vegetable eating with no drink other than what I get from the fruits and vegetables. The thirst has been the hardest thing for me to get past. So, for the last 7 days now the only drinks that I have had has come from my food intake and it is amazing how I am not thirsty. I eat very little, under 500 calories a day. Sometimes, I throw in a 24 hour dry fast. I feel really good been exercising everyday (push-ups, jumping jacks, stretches, etc.).

It is amazing how much liquid you get from chewing on lettuce. The longer you chew your food the more juice you make. My intestines move very well and I was concerned that with no water intake that would be a problem but it is actually much better than before. My plan is to do two weeks on the raw food. Starting 10/13/2016 I will do two weeks of fruits and then two weeks of juicing. I want to see from that point if it will be easier to do longer periods of dry fasting.

This morning, when I woke up, my mouth felt so clean. I try to keep all my foods alkaline as possible. I created a blog for a personal diary of my process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: