Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting My Fast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relicko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad my shared experience has been helpful! Keep up the good work, SkyeRose. Smile
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: No Water Reply with quote

Relicko,

So, it has been about 10 days or more since I have had any water or drink other than what I get from my raw fruits and vegetables. I am not thirsty at all and when I wake up I don't have that pastie taste in my mouth. Sometimes it is hard to determine if I have brushed my teeth already. I am getting good exercise all day long and feel really good.

However, I am not really wanting vegetables much at all and I don't want to eat the peeling from my fruit. I have been juicing my fruit the last two days but without adding water I can juice 5 apples and only end up with less than a half of a coffee cup of juice. In addition to this I am not sure about transitioning to the water stage. I am thing that I will just go to the dry fast from juicing rather than the watertarian stage that most others do. Relicko wanted to get your thoughts on this. Did you do a liquidarian transisiton before your dry fast?
relicko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I consume fruits I don't treat it as eating despite it being so technically, as I tend to mainly extract just the water (which obviously contains many other things besides water). Depends on my body's reactions, I may ingest some well chewed into liquid pulp, depends on the fruit. From this point I go straight to dry fasting after I feel like I don't want anything. As I'm not using a machine to get the liquids out (when I did try to take out the juice out of an orange by hand into a glass, the experience is so vastly different... incomparable. Sucking the juice out of the orange is 10 times more enjoyable, potent, and life-enhancing than drinking it out of a cup. The act of "drinking" isn't natural anyway, but sucking is).

Don't stress yourself so much on which route to take, especially as you're on a stage where any unnatural substances are removed from the psyche's attention. It doesn't matter whether you dry fast, eat fruit/vegetable, drink juice, they're all helpful in your body's detoxification & purification. Forcing a long dry fast may not be beneficial for one as it is for another. Each experience is unique. My own experience taught me that dry fasting shouldn't be a goal by itself. I found myself stressing at times when I "ruined" a sequence of going dry by consuming something, realizing eventually that it's really pointless to stress over whether I'm dry fasting or not, as eventually the body keeps healing itself and eventually will drop food altogether, so it doesn't really matter to be honest as long as your mind is focused on this process and you keep a conscious relation to your body. Meaning, while the goal is to eventually reach inedia, that will take some time as I truly believe these days that the body must be functioning very good, on all levels, in order to live in that state. Seeing how I go from periods of wanting absolutely nothing (dry fast), to wanting certain very specific things, I realized I just don't and won't understand why my body wants what it wants, and as long as it stays with me for awhile -- meaning, not being some emotional craving, I should follow suit. Staying conscious and connecting with our bodies IS the true inediate transition, I believe. Learning in the process to listen to our bodies, reconnecting with its true nature, and ours.

May I ask what vegetables do you take? An apple is so dense (and drying) compared to other fruits. There are so many other options out there, try maybe to find an alternative. Would you eat 5 whole apples in one serving? Wink
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Consumption Reply with quote

Thanks for all your input it is very helpful. Right now I am having lettuce a couple of times a week at least until the 13th where I am going to all fruits. Also, I have avocado, tomato (if I have a salad at a restaurant), cilantro, sweet snap peas, oranges, clementines, kiwi, pears, pineapple, coconut (not often to much work). I will have a mixture of 3 vegetables in the form of a salad for one meal and a single type of fruit the next or a single fruit for both meals.

If I eat the fruit I'll only have one but if I juice it I will have three to five depending on the size which makes about a half a glass, using a juicer. So, juiced I will have either one half glass a day or two if I replace it with vegetables. (Didn't like juicing the vegetables)

The oranges and clementines I juice with a lemon juicer as it is a lot less clean up and much faster. If I don't get around to eating until after 2 pm then I'll only have one meal.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: 10/13/2016 Moving on to Fruits Reply with quote

Monday I did a quick 36 hour dry fast and then ate yesterday as it was my last day on vegetables and fruit. This morning I woke up at 2 am and did my stretches, push-ups, and jumping jacks. Energy is really good. Now I am only on fruits, most of these are being juiced. I feel really good everyday and love the energy that I have.

Before starting this process I had little energy and hardly ever exercised. It amazes me that eating a 1/4th of what I use to eat gives me more energy. I'm happier and want to be outside more. At 48 years old I'm running all over my yard chasing my grandchildren, doing cartwheels, and handstands. It is like aging backwards!
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing your information and journey.

My experience is similar in that the less food I eat the better I feel; more energy, less fatigued, vibrant etc.
If I eat more food I do not feel good.
Also if I begin to overly focus on nutritional aspects of food I do not feel good but likewise if I follow junk cravings it also is a drain.
If I let the idea of food and health go and focus more inward in spirit (for lack of better words) being in the best vehicle state appears.

I've never felt that this body is my natural vehicle and that's the issue I'm confronting more deeply at this time...... why I'm in a vehicle that urinates and defecates. It doesn't make sense.

I look out of the body and it's all foreign.... nice to be energetic in a flesh suit but seems like a strange and pointless thing to me.

Do you feel that way too or is it just me?

kind regards and best wishes.

Elaine
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Flesh Reply with quote

Elaine,

Eating a lot less foods and being of the right source makes me feel good which indicates that this is more natural. By the right source I mean that I can get the same calories from a couple of marshmallows that I get from an apple and it not have the same affects on my body. This is why I stick to natural vegetables and fruits. I have also be trying to stay away from flavorings as I have read that they trigger the cravings. From my experience it really does help.

Getting my drinks from fruits vs. water or other drinks keeps me for being thirsty all the time also. I tried an experiment of having a half a cup of hot tea and it did make me thirsty. I think the detox goes much smoother also.

You question concerning the body, I don't believe, if we were living in the state we were meant to that we would urinate and defecate. Think about how you feel standing on a warm day next to a beautiful beach with the waves flowing on your feet as your watching the sun rise or set. Now, think about being in a smoggy city with strong smells, crowds, and noise.

I think our body is the same way, we put toxins in our body the intestines become overly full causing crowding of the intestines, creating fowl body odor, the intestines are making roaring noises, heart is beating harder, and blood pressure is fluctuating.

Originally, I believe we were meant to be able to use our bodies like a virtual reality experience and astral project in and out of them at will. I think if they were as pure as they use to be it would be more of a vacationing experience to be in them. Just my thoughts.
Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkyeRose,

Yes, something is not 'right' with the body. I appreciate your response and your insights. I felt to connect with you and I can see why based on your reply.
Have you any insights as to what has transpired with the body change of vehicle?

It's very hard to put my finger on it because there are so many beliefs, therefore if the truth emerges it becomes difficult to know based on all the stories.
There seems to be so many stories for purpose of confusion.

Advaita people say to accept it because there is no right/wrong etc. but upon inquiring I have experienced that to be a means of a dead-end to stop further awareness as to why exactly this is going on.

For this reason I'm going further into not-eating as opposed low cal breatharianism to confront what this body vehicle is all about.

I haven't fasted for a few months, at which time a lot of fear stuff came up. As I began reading various stories last night the stomach began to shut down to the food I had consumed earlier. The body automatically rejected the food.

If I focus too much on the food and not on 'spiritual' for lack of better label, the food process becomes harder.

I'll continue checking for your updates, and other posters updates.

Please share any experiences whether it's about food or spiritual ideas that emerge etc. as I would be very happy to have a friend to dialogue this with.

best,

Elaine
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Body Reply with quote

Elaine,

It is good to have someone to share experiences with especially for support when family and friends are judgmental mostly because of not understanding.

I'm not quite sure what is happening with the body but I do believe that the cells in the body have to rebuild with the correct proteins that come from fruits and vegetables to be able to help us sustain the ability to become completely food free.

Almost everyone pushes drinking water, but I have noticed that I am not thirsty like I use to be getting my drinks from fruits and vegetables. What liquid we do get from these have been filtered through the leaves and roots are very purified.

I want to try another fast to see how well I do without water and how long I can sustain this. If you decide you want to do this together and support each other let me know.

Anyway, back to the body changes. I think that the ID or the part of the brain that is programmed with what we are told we can and can't do, starts closing down. This opens up opportunities for us to experience what ever we want.
That means that everyone has their own truth and what you believe may truly transpire if you believe in it strongly enough.

These are my ideals but until I get to the point where I can experience true breatharianism then I won't know for sure but I do hope to be there one day soon.
Elaine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to fast with you.
We could open a separate page just for that conversation. I'd have to face my inability to structure words using proper grammar. Somewhere along the line I stopped caring about proper grammar. I'm not sure if that would annoy you, in which case I'd understand if it did.
If you were willing to navigate around my horrific grammar it would be great to describe any and all events with the supportive honesty and genuine kindness that we can manage.

I suspect we'd be sensitive to each others daily issues, as cravings along with their root addictions could come out fairly harsh on an intense day.
If this were to happen I'd wish to respond in kindness with the safe place for any and all roots to be embraced or whatever reaction shows up.

Quote:
I think that the ID or the part of the brain that is programmed with what we are told we can and can't do, starts closing down. This opens up opportunities for us to experience what ever we want.

Well said.

My questions are in relation to duality, for example why am I observing (choosing) in duality. Observation from any standpoint has only one observing. Cravings around both food and beliefs are something of a distraction, de-rail and obfuscation toward my getting into the root of whatever this is I'm going through.

It would be great to have a safe place during the fast in which to toss around any idea, belief (craving) that also represents itself as food.

Being that my focus of the fast entirely surrounds my question with regard to duality you may want to reconsider because my posts might come off sounding very weird.

Surprised

For example, combine the question, "why am I choosing to observe in a flesh body that is programmed/trained to believe that it needs food & water", with the craving of roasted, salted sunflower seeds.

I have no idea where that is all going to lead, but in fact that's what came up yesterday.

Now, that craving brings up a hidden childhood thing.

I ended up buying a bag of roasted salted sunflower seeds and sat with the craving in as much stillness and openness as I could manage. I new that the bag of seeds was only something to focus me away from something else.
At one point I felt like I just wanted to tear the entire kitchen into shreds.
Today a complete memory of a childhood teaching was brought back into my awareness by reducing my food and recognizing the craving source. A lot of emotion was brought up.
The thing is that it may be a distraction; as I've experienced many of these food/belief/memory items as a distraction to feel like I'm getting anywhere while still staying on the duality hamsterwheel.

It's interesting that you mentioned water because yesterday I reduced water intake and felt an intense program flooding me to maintain that 8 cups of daily water intake for health.

Isn't it a little odd that in the last decade the obsession with water is off the charts?
the belief/programming that it purifies the body and the body is made of high amounts of water doesn't make sense. People managed with little to no water for millennia and if I believe I need water the body matches that belief.
I've researched a few different people's beliefs that might produce this obsession but they all trace to the root of perpetuating a flesh duality experience.

All kinds of additives in today's food would definitely require more fluid, preferably water as a carrier to ignite it through the body, which is another topic of conversation altogether.

Apologies for the long post.

As you said, it's nice to chat with somebody.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Fasting Support Reply with quote

Elaine,

Having a separate page for the fasting support and conversation sounds like a good idea. Do you want to set it up? Don't worry about grammar as I am from the South, can't get much worse than hillbillies. Smile Additionally, we are here for support and learning. I am not here to judge. I too, want to be able to talk freely about experiences and we will both have our own and sometimes share similar ones.

I would like to be open about all experiences as it helps us learn. I don't expect you or myself to be perfect, if we were, neither of us would need support. I have memories of my favorite foods and when I have to cook for my family it can be hard sometimes. However, I find it easier if I have my fruits or juice before cooking this is less of an issue.

When fasting after the third day the desire dissipates. I fasted from Sunday evening until Wednesday evening this week and it seems the more I fast the easier it is becoming to sustain from both food and water. (Always listen to your body as no experience is worth dying for, most of these gurus took years to reach their breatharian state.)

There is so many different experiences mentioned by the popular breatharians that I want to experience for myself. Also, they briefly mention things around the enlightenment experiences but don't elaborate and I want to elaborate and hear details of others experiences. I want to truly know and experience what my human body is capable of and if I can activate the other 80% of my brain, then I want to do it.

Okay, now I am rambling! Wink
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Fasting Support Reply with quote

Quote:
Today a complete memory of a childhood teaching was brought back into my awareness by reducing my food and recognizing the craving source. A lot of emotion was brought up.

It is interesting how foods reflect on memories. I do notice that the more I sustain from food the stronger my memory is and the more intense my dreams become. The next time I have a very strong craving for a particular food I am going to try to recognize the craving source. Maybe, it won't be a memory but a particular smell but I have notice that at birthday parties I tend to strongly crave pizza.

I always want to eat when I travel. My car will usually be full of different snacks. Next month we are going to out of town so, this will be an interesting trip.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Fasting Support Reply with quote

Quote:

Trying to figure out how to do the quote correctly.
SkyeRose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Quoting Reply with quote

By George, I think I've got it!
Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your identification of parties and pizza, plus your identification of car trips and food.

Do you think the food programs trigger memory addictions to actually keep us blocked from a healthier state of being?
It keeps the cycle going?

I recently watched a video on addiction/meditation that really helped anchor me. I'll share the link on the chance that you might find something beneficial in it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZYV-IMIUU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: