Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many breatharians have been known to exist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> People called inediates, breatharians, non-eaters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carole4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: How many breatharians have been known to exist? Reply with quote

How many actual breatharians have been known to exist -- both historically and in the world today? And where did the idea of breatharian originate?
Jashumeen claims to be breatharian of course, but apart from her?
Anybody who claims to be a breatharian should be prepared to answer questions and discuss their findings. Comments to the effect they have nothing to prove and asking why the enquirer wants to know, aren't really satisfactory, especially in a forum set up to discuss the topic.
A breatharian needs to be distinguished from a mere faster. People can water fast for up to 40 days, maybe longer, fruit fasters up to 100 days or longer. And a breatharian isn't a person who doesn't eat solid food -- people can live permanently on soup and juice.
Stories that there may be up to 2000 breatharians in existence aren't proof that they exist. This figure could be mere heresay. People can say anything --doesn't make it true.
Choices

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does it matter
JMW

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: answers Reply with quote

Carole4

There are no statistics, that I am aware of, mentioning the numer of ?actual breatharins? on Earth. Some people say, there are thousands, otheres say there are only a few hundreds. There are also voices that only a few breatharians live on Earth. What the mass media are saying, does not deserve to be believed, because most information don't say the whole truth.
Personally I feel, there are thousands of people, who don't eat or drink, on our planet. Many of them don't know, that they are called ?breatharians?, ?inediates?, ?non-eaters?, they even don't know that such movement exist. Many of them even suffer because the society makes them feel different or try to suggest them that they are ill, not normal, etc.

carole4 wrote:
where did the idea of breatharian originate?
The definitions originate from people, some of them were introduced only in the last century. But there always were, are and will be on Earth people living without, what is called, food.

carole4 wrote:
Anybody who claims to be a breatharian should be prepared to answer questions and discuss their findings.
I believe there are breatharians willing to answer all the questions. The thing is, how to find them. This forum is one of places where they are invited to share about their experience.

carole4 wrote:
A breatharian needs to be distinguished from a mere faster.
Indeed, fasting, liquidarianism, eating very little, etc. are not breatharianism.
Choices

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: answers Reply with quote

carole4 wrote:
A breatharian needs to be distinguished from a mere faster.
Indeed, fasting, liquidarianism, eating very little, etc. are not breatharianism.[/quote]

In the end, there is no difference, between breatharianism, and a normal person. There is no difference in food, there is no difference at all. Physical differences, are merely distractions to keep you from the truth, that all is the same. Food is not the importance here people, the physical world, is neither. To keep going on about what is and what is not breatharianism, makes one exactly the same, as those who think it is impossible. It will not get you any closer to the truth.

Free your mind, someone once said, did we kind of forget that, when we started to wrestle with lables like breatharianism? What does it matter, it does not make any difference, in reality. Identifications with illusions it all is.
carole4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMW wrote:
Personally I feel, there are thousands of people, who don't eat or drink, on our planet. Many of them don't know, that they are called ?breatharians?, ?inediates?, ?non-eaters?, they even don't know that such movement exist. Many of them even suffer because the society makes them feel different or try to suggest them that they are ill, not normal, etc.

Actually, what I was more interested in is the historical stories of ancient yogis who used to do some amazing feats of endurance and magic - like teleportation, appearing in two places at once, disappearing up ropes, sitting on freezing snow for lengthy periods and so on.
carole4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

choices wrote:
what does it matter?

It matters because I'd like more information.
I don't think its appropriate to question my motives.
Choices

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carole4 wrote:
choices wrote:
what does it matter?

It matters because I'd like more information.
I don't think its appropriate to question my motives.

I don't think it is appropiate to ask for more information, and hide your motives Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> People called inediates, breatharians, non-eaters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: