Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experiment to improve vision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> All the other topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candid

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Experiment to improve vision Reply with quote

Gandhi was an enthusiastic proponent of experimenting on ourselves. His An Autobiography was originally called The Story of My Experiments With Truth, and is still sometimes sold under that title.

My first month-long fast (http://forum.breatharian.info/viewtopic.php?t=1063) was precisely that: an experiment on myself. I was reluctant to end it.

Presently, having declared my intention to repeat the experiment, abject failure (so far) has led me to a different experiment with intermittent fasting. I eat when I'm hungry and go longer and longer periods without food.

Then I took it into my head to experiment with vision. Mine is very poor, worsening, and I now have cataracts.

I haven't been able to find the reference, but I believe it was Deepak Chopra who wrote that if a person spent three days in complete darkness, s/he would have perfect vision at the end of it.

When is a good time to be blind for three days straight? But if I can't cure my eyes, I'll have to have them cut into at some stage and the lenses replaced by plastic ones. Or be blind all the time, ready or not.

No thanks!

So yesterday I blindfolded myself at noon and remained that way until this morning (wearing eye-mask to bed), except for 16:30 to 17:30 yesterday when I needed to eat and my husband wasn't at home.

Interesting experiment. Results:
    I felt very peaceful, very relaxed
    I wasn't in the least bit bored, even though there was little I could do
    I meditated, did breathing exercises, some yoga stretches
    I moved slowly and mindfully, feeling my way around my home
    I was reluctant to expose my eyes again
    I realised what permanent blindness would mean. How can you do housework as simple as washing dishes? You can't. How can you even be sure you've cleaned yourself properly after defecating? You can't.

It was very enjoyable. Increased Insight while my Outsight was shut down.

I need to find that three days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> All the other topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: