Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my blog on adapting food intake toward breatharianism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovedimension

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Feeling strong, encouraged Reply with quote

Being a home dad presents its challenges, especially for someone who has some kind of spiritual calling.. Day in and day out, I can get hit by situations and emotions that trigger emotional responses in me. How to remain calm when the children are bickering? That's just one example of a great many situations, where I have to inject energy to help or divert situations and I don't always succeed!!

Fitness wise, things are progressing well. From someone who could hardly do 12 press-ups, I can now do 45 and occasionally 50. Also, the running I love so much, is going well. My legs can eat up 7 miles with extreme hills, with little trouble. I can run more, 10 the other day, but lately 7 miles have felt fluid and strong. All this work has been getting more and more to the root of my left/right imbalance, which has been digging into a more spiritual reality, as a process. At the moment I'm ensuring that I'm getting lots of fruits, for carbohydrates, especially bananas etc.

I feel like I'm on a journey of two roads. On the one hand, I love running and would love to join groups of ultramarathoners who spend their days in the mountains, just running and enjoying this strange and amazing creation we're in and part of. Then on the other hand, I feel really strongly that physical food is not necessary, really. However, I'm not sure it's so wise to cut out food when putting the physical body through extreme athleticism... Smile)

The other evening, as I was just sitting down, it felt to me really strongly, again, that eating physical food can be optional. And also, that the way forward is to move beyond food. Individually, for the world...

I still keep to fruits mostly, and raw vegetables from the garden (broadbeans, peas, salad leaves) but don't freak out against myself if I divert to a coffee or a rubbishy piece of bread. I say rubbishy, because wheat really is extraordinarily addictive and there's no nutritional value in it at all - so even though I went a month without bread, I'm having it occasionally again, but it's always disappointing! So, I don't know why I'm bothering. I'm sure it will pass again. An interesting interview on CBS with a cardiologist pointing out how modern wheat is a perfect and addictive poison: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57505149/modern-wheat-a-perfect-chronic-poison-doctor-says/

I'm feeling this calling so strongly to refine, spiritually speaking. Tomorrow I'll do a days fast, just water and juices. I won't go running though.

Peace & Love 1 and All Very Happy
Lianna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, wheat products are so damn addictive...! Ok, no wonder, most of them are processed, artificial, cooked! food... which is addictive in general...
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovedimension, thanks for your interesting update.

for pelvic imbalance (and leg length differences) i can recommend chiros that are trained with the ackermann method.
http://www.ackermann-institutet.se
they can usually help by adjusting an imbalanced pelvis in a few sessions.
after a fall/accident the pelvis often rotates forward and creates differences in leg lengths.

i would also highly recommend the following book:
http://www.amazon.com/Steps-Pain-Free-Back-Solutions-Shoulder/dp/0979303605
it explains among many other things why it's important to maintain an anteverted pelvis for optimal hip balance.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Philos for the info.

You're right that pelvic imbalances can give the impression that one leg is longer than the other. I've been trying to sort this one out for a long time.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: where I am now Reply with quote

I think the current moment is characterized by a feeling, of being really supported somehow... it's like a slow, slow process, where each impression I have over food, the automatic response to it, is slowly being unknotted... And then, each time it's my choice as to whether I become a robot again, or not... and that too, is being worked on...

still where I was last time I wrote, whenever that was, I think... mostly fruit and salads, with bits of toast here and there..and coffee

actually, finding it harder and harder to find bread to toast that I really like... I'm like an addict who can't get a hit out of the usual drug... my favourite and pointless toast is white highly processed and over salted bread... it often tastes really weird to me, but I still go for it, optimistically at least, like I can extract some kind of sensation out of it!! and yet, it tastes completely strange to me... but it's a thing in life worth experimenting with, for a while still...

I could do another month without bread, like I did some time back, but I feel like i'm biding my time, waiting for this energy I feel, to increase and increase, until I have no choice at all... sometimes, I think, I have to make a stand with it.. I guess it's a little of both really..

I've found that making a 'big conscious decision' about not having a certain thing, makes things work the wrong way, which is why I'm gentle, gentle, gentle with it all. If I look back over the last few years, I can see a slow weaning off process, where I'm freer in different situations to think, I don't need or want to eat this thing..

I really feel that I'm becoming more aware, really, while still having these things. Perhaps, I'll just naturally reach a point where I say 'that's it - thanks, but no thanks - it was fun while the party lasted!' and move on, as there are moments where I feel more and more incorporated into this strange but real feeling of a higher reality

In my heart, I feel like I have stronger desire than ever to move forward, but I don't really know how or where, so again, all I can do is go slow, very slow....

if anyone still reads this, I hope this was interesting to you, we're all making a difference to this earth by each removing barriers in our minds, slowly helping the whole by helping ourselves become freer...

God bless!
lovedimension

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Sick of my addiction Reply with quote

It's been so long since I've updated this blog. Partly it's because nothing much has changed. Well, actually, that's not quite true. I've become much more even in my thinking with regards to food, and think much less critically about eating habits in general, whether mine or other people's. Personally, I'm more interested in spiritual expansion, non-judgment, and be that more close to the subtle spiritual reality of existence.

And yet... I am so absolutely bored of my food addictions... I mean, really sick of it. I can't stress this enough. And yet, I go on. I'm not overweight, in fact, slightly under according to modern measurements. Often I get a sicky feeling after eating and like I'm closing up inside or something, I stick to fruits in the evenings and have such a deep feeling of rightness whenever I stick to pure foods (well, as pure as possible as no food is pure). But the addiction goes on, for coffee and bread, even though I feel yucky when having these things.

I thought I'd have got tired by now of putting rubbish into my body.

Soon. Soon I hope. Soon!
lovedimension

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: sudden change Reply with quote

It's strange, the day after my last update, this massive urge to refine once more took hold of me. I was expressing my unhappiness at being so addicted, and then suddenly something else took over. My notes for those days...

Wed 30-04-14
nothing to eat all day; juices (too much), some water - terrible headache and feeling of nausea, also felt weak and tired. Not sure if nausea is due to too much juice or lack of caffein Smile.

Thursday 01-05-14
1 Grapefruit in the morning, nothing else today, herbal teas, water. Felt good, strong, not hungry that much.

Friday 02-05-14
1 Grapefruit and 1 banana for breakfast, worried about going through my morning at the office on nothing, when quitting things and going to work are not a good match, so also had a banana at work. Being in front of computers and working hard quite difficult with diet change. Later in the day, massive amount of bananas in the house, and felt guilty at them all going ripe and uneaten ? that old program of 'not wasting'. Had 9!! Started to feel really nauseous some time later, and in bed that night still nauseous.I mean, really nauseous.

Saturday 03-05-14
Woke up feeling fine. Had 1 grapefruit this morning. Don't feel sick.
Have plenty of energy. Doing decorating today in the house.
Half a pear for lunch. Teas and water throughout the day. Plenty of energy, only feel slightly hungry. A couple of times had that strange pinched feeling, but this thing of breathing deep into my abdomen takes over. Also, been feeling spiritual forces at work. This feeling from them saying 'You are with us now'. Happy that my resistances to their presence and their offer has diminished so much.

04-05-15
Didn't sleep well. All of my energy keyed up. Had a lustful thought and it went through my body like wildfire. It takes just one thought. Slept quite badly. Loads of thoughts and impressions from years ago bothering me. Woke up with strong heat in my body, and felt weak, and slightly sweaty. I felt drawn somehow. Noticed weight has dropped since the 30th by just under half a pound. Had a piece of melon and a fruit smoothie for breakfast and that helped. Later, my stools felt really hot, strange. I didn't want to eat anything, but I had to do dad things with the children, and there's no way I'm going to get behind the wheel of a car with my children, feeling not sharp enough, hence the smoothie and melon. Back home, after more painting work, felt somewhat better. Later in the day, having worked all day, realised that I was fine, not that tired, painting away. A few cups of herbal tea her and there. Weight the same as last night. Could this finally be the beginning of things? Last time my weight dropped quickly and conclusively when I fasted and semi-fasted. If that's the case, the hardest thing will be my wife and the family, if it is. It's lonely for her when I'm not partaking in anything ? and yet, this urge is so absolutely strong to follow this path. The world is changing. We are changing. It's as I was as a child, inspired by higher things, before all the murk and lies got hold of me. Have to wait and see I suppose. I'm very surprised I've gone through a whole day of decorating on a piece of melon and glass of smoothie.

05-05-15
Lost more weight since yesterday, to just under 10 and a ? stone. So this morning had a large smoothie consisting of two bananas, 3 strawberries, a slice of melon and two small oranges, and then ate another banana a little later. I hope to put some weight on again. I really don't want to lose weight. 6'2? and 10.5 stone is the limit for me, really. I don't mind working with feelings of discomfort in my torso, but I really don't want to become stick thin. Feelings of squeezing in my stomach much, much greater today. Because I need to be able to work, and look after my children, I can't push things. In an ideal world I would be in a space where I can experiment fully. Have to see what happens. It's not panic stations yet though Smile, it could be that I need a good few days on very limited food intake, and trust a little more.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Really I should update this daily, instead of pasting several days in one go. I just find it easier not to log in everyday. I'll try though in future.]

06-05-15
Had a third of an apple too yesterday late afternoon.

Breakfast: smoothie and half a grapefruit. Banana in the morning.
Lunch: half a cooked potato and a fruity salad for, also, a small piece of a lentil bake thingy I made for my wife (I didn't eat all of it, really did taste like dirt). Nothing else for the rest of the day (apart from teas, and fruit juice and water).

This morning woke up feeling clearer than usual. Weight this morning about 10 and a quarter stone.

Working part time in the IT company is kind of odd with all this going on, but ok really. This is also why I took half a baked potato to work with me ? felt like I needed something to latch onto at work, if that makes any sense. In a room with 13 computers and 26 monitors, electro static nightmare. Probably a good thing that I'm only part-time there.
Feel so much better without evening food. All I can say, is that something is going on and it feels good. Quite a few days now on this diet change. Been doing more stretching and meditating too. Presence of blue light again.
Fitness, well not running much anymore, not sure it was doing me any good. Hip imbalance too great to make the long distances safe. Eating reduced food has been unknotting this whole part of my body. I recall now, how as I child, I'd eat stuff in great quantity (Christmas etc), and how I could feel it shape my body (in not good ways), in a deep way ? how imbalances within food create imbalances in body. I have much to work through on this still I think.

07-05-15
Breakfast half a grapefruit. Lunch, a few fruits with some lettuce leaf. Various fluids all day. Feeling like fluids are actually heavy in me somehow, but I'm proceeding with plenty of fluids anyway. Weight has still been hovering around the 10 and quarter stone mark.

I was going to have some baked potato at my lunch, but as I was handling it, a voice seemed to say to me 'NO' really strongly. So I left it. Beginning to understand how eating cooked food sets off old habits in the body. How cooperation with the forces at work must be listened to. Hope I can keep it up.

After my plate of fruits, I bit into a small cube of the baked potato just to see and it tasted all wrong so I spat it out. In the evening, cooking pasta for the children, I tested a piece of pasta on my teeth but had no inclination to have even a morsel of it.

Again feelings of the deepness of life. I'm always going on about that.

Strangely, despite not eating anything much at all last few days, I had an itchy bottom today (candida related I feel sure), something I've had on and off for quite a few years. Maybe I need a salt flush or something. Need to look that up.

Not very hungry really, and plenty of energy throughout the day. Did some stretching, and spent some moments in rare glimpses of sun. Went to bed probably too late, about 11pm.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

09-05-14
Breakfast: Smoothie made from 2 bananas, 2 strawberries, a few grapes, and a slice of melon.
Had the rest of it during the morning at work. Keeping hydrated with herbal teas and water throughout the day.

Slight headache all day, hardly noticeable though. Squeezing in my chest/stomach cavity again. My weight today is just under 10 and a quarter stone, but only fractionally. Not sure if it's due to less fluids or not. Loads of energy all day, feel fine, alert etc.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday:
Breakfast smoothie: 2 bananas, 2 strawberries, 1 grapefruit, a few grapes
Water throughout the day
In the evening, had a banana

A much more hectic day than I intended. Ended up by going to a folk music festival, instead of staying in the house, with the children going stir crazy. It was cold and windy, but we had a good time. Amazing dancers and singers from Czechoslovakia. Thought I'd be weak from lack of nutrition (compared to my usual) but I wasn't at all. Even 7 year old son on my shoulders to see over the crowds, no problem. Didn't manage to drink as much water throughout, as I intended though. In the evening, weight dipped under 10 and a quarter stone, which I'm not surprised about. I think I'm going to start having more stuff again today, we shall see. I feel really great, but I don't want to become too skinny.

Other rambling thoughts today:

It's amazing how fasting or even semi-fasting as in my case increases ones perception of things. Realise of course, that anything I read or hear on the internet about, well, anything really, is meaningless. I can only make up my own mind on things, listen to my own intuition. At the end of the day, the internet has to be switched off completely for spiritual progress, in my opinion, as well as books etc. Of course, information content can be found to reflect ones own viewpoint, but really, it's only a reflection. There's nothing 'new' ever discovered out there, really, only reflections.

And as to the subject of inedia, my guess is still that, there's a vast number of people who would do well just to forget about it. It doesn't matter. Everyone dies. Nothing is designed to live forever, physically speaking. Even forms on the more subtle realms, have to be abandoned. It's kind of ironic, that in the world of breatharianism, people really do want to have a piece of the cake and eat it, as it were. Smile

On the other hand, only speaking for myself, my intuition used to tell me over and over to fast and not eat, years ago, many years before I'd even heard of 'breatharianism' or even the possibility of it. When I used to have an impulse not to eat, and fast sensibly and prayerfully, I had no idea about the whole subject. I just knew that we humans are voracious consumers and far from spiritual alignment. The first I heard of the subject and knew it had a title, was when I came across something on the internet.

I guess ultimately each person has to decide for themselves what gives them energy to life the life they feel inspired to live. If it's cake and biscuits, why not? Obviously there are some options which are healthier than others, but enjoyment and fun goes a long way in giving someone a happy long life. Perhaps some people are fasting without deep connection to Soul, as a mental process ? I'd say, forget about it then, go and have some fun. God enjoys fun. Interestingly, in Islam, when you die, it's said that God asks you whether you enjoyed your life or not, and if not, why not? The implication is that it's meant to be about joy and fun. My view is that killing animals for food fun is spiritually unacceptable, so perhaps notwithstanding that, everything else goes.

If there's no joy in attempting a spiritual progression, maybe it's just the wrong path for somebody.

One thing I know, is that I enjoy rambling writing Smile)
lovedimension

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the 10 stone mark this, so I'm eating lots of fruits again. Had three smoothies today and extra fruits in between. Will start doing more exercise and have started working out a little again. Won't go running though. I feel this sense of different things that need to be in place, to be more aligned, to make a switch to different nourishment possible. This also involves less babbling on this blog Smile.

So far don't feel that great eating all that fruit. But really not sure what else to eat, doesn't seem to be anything else.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been eating lots of fruits since last update, mostly as smoothies. Very interesting how I seem off bread completely, totally. Allowing myself one small cup of coffee a week, with my other half. Always was our Saturday routine. At the moment, even feel like I'll never go back to bread or in fact anything cooked. I'm feeling that in the same way that I felt when I became veggie and then vegan. It's a bigger thing though, going pure fruitarian, than turning vege or vegan, so I'm not concluding anything yet. Just seem to be pushed that way. Not entirely comfortable with the sugar rush and headache I get from all this fruit, even though I try and burn it off through being very active, lifting weights, doing squats, etc. Feel like something else is going on. Like fruits are just another distraction, really. Still, my plan is to get stronger and fitter again, create more bulk with muscle, before fasting again. That's my aim, at least. Last checked my weight, was 65kgs, up from my 10 stone (or 63.5kg), which was my personal cut-off point. Just get this sense that I need to be clean and fit for the next step. No going back, that's what it feels like.
Philos

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think fruits are the best thing we have, although i agree with you that most of them are not optimal.

i see berries, melons and citrus are more optimal fruits compared to bananas and dates.

fatty fruits like avocadoes are just plain evil and much worse than steamed veggies.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:
i think fruits are the best thing we have, although i agree with you that most of them are not optimal.

i see berries, melons and citrus are more optimal fruits compared to bananas and dates.

fatty fruits like avocadoes are just plain evil and much worse than steamed veggies.

Agree with you really. Curiously had an avocado for the first time in months yesterday, though I have read different views on this fruit. What have you found out about it?
Philos

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovedimension wrote:

Agree with you really. Curiously had an avocado for the first time in months yesterday, though I have read different views on this fruit. What have you found out about it?

1. they're addictive (especially with salt/condiments)

2. they're almost tasteless, so they encourage salt consumption.

3. they're mucus forming.

4. they digest slowly. transit time is much higher than non-fatty fruits.

5. they don't mix well with fruits in the digestive tract which can lead to fermentation.
best eaten alone as a last meal.

4. they thicken and and clog up the blood and lymph many hours or even days, depending
on the amount eaten and physical acitivity.
more activity = more moving of the blood/lymph = less clogging

5. on a cellular level overt fats shift energy production away from glucose oxidation.
glucose and fatty acids are in many way competitive energy substrates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_cycle
glucose is the body's preferred substrate due to higher co2, lower catecholamines, etc.

6. avocados are quite high in polyunsaturated fat which is the worst of all fats due to it's
instability and propensity to oxidize and produce free radicals. avos contain some vitamin e
to counterbalance the pufas, but any high-pufa food is suspect in my book.

7. many advanced fruitarians that i highly respect, like brother air, professor spira, etc.
don't think highly of the avocado and recommend to avoid them.

i have put avocados on my dietary sh!t list and marked them for deletion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: