Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my blog on adapting food intake toward breatharianism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovedimension

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:

1. they're addictive (especially with salt/condiments)

2. they're almost tasteless, so they encourage salt consumption.

3. they're mucus forming.

4. they digest slowly. transit time is much higher than non-fatty fruits.

5. they don't mix well with fruits in the digestive tract which can lead to fermentation.
best eaten alone as a last meal.

4. they thicken and and clog up the blood and lymph many hours or even days, depending
on the amount eaten and physical acitivity.
more activity = more moving of the blood/lymph = less clogging

5. on a cellular level overt fats shift energy production away from glucose oxidation.
glucose and fatty acids are in many way competitive energy substrates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randle_cycle
glucose is the body's preferred substrate due to higher co2, lower catecholamines, etc.

6. avocados are quite high in polyunsaturated fat which is the worst of all fats due to it's
instability and propensity to oxidize and produce free radicals. avos contain some vitamin e
to counterbalance the pufas, but any high-pufa food is suspect in my book.

7. many advanced fruitarians that i highly respect, like brother air, professor spira, etc.
don't think highly of the avocado and recommend to avoid them.

i have put avocados on my dietary sh!t list and marked them for deletion.

Certainly I've heard that avocados are best consumed in real moderation - and that just 1 is good for many days. I read of one guy who ate nothing, apart from an avocado once in a while. I guess it really must depend on the person. From a different perspective, I guess an avocado isn't particularly bad with the right mind set. People eat far worse, drink and smoke, and quite often live long lives Smile I'm thinking that with a particular mind set, an avo is just as meaningless as any other substance one puts in oneself. I suspect that some yogis can eat anything, even drink poisons (which is documented), to no ill effect - or in fact, eat nothing at all. Just one big game Smile
Philos

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted my post.

was in a little bit of harsh mood yesterday... lol...
lovedimension

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, it's ok - I'll remove my comment that has yours embedded in it (if you feel strongly about it, and if I can Smile ) Yours is still there incidentally, not that it matters.

The only thing I'd say about avos - and in fact most fruits I eat - is that they come from the other side of the world... I make no comment Laughing
Awareness

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a good post... really good points... all 3 of us still eat avocados... i was chewing chewing chewing and spitting them out for a while ! ! ! : ) : ) Smile
but now i'm back to swallowing them haha. sure avos aren't that great but there're worse comforrt foods its nice that they can be shipped unlike some of the best fruits.
Philos

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avos probably aren't the worst ever, but i guess it also depends on the
physiological state the body is in.

some people like brother air with a highly advanced physiology probably
can't even handle avocadoes anymore.

even i myself can say, that a couple of years ago i could easily down
like 3 - 4 avocadoes in a sittiting and not notice that much at all, except
a few pimples that would show up the next day.

nowadays, i'm feeling the effects from even half an avo, like a dip in
energy, more sleep and increased mucus production.
Philos

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovedimension wrote:

The only thing I'd say about avos - and in fact most fruits I eat - is that they come from the other side of the world... I make no comment Laughing

yeah, me too.

almost 100% of my calories come from overseas.

bananas (ecuador)
mangoes (africa)
frozen blueberries (canada)

it's unfortunate, but the local fruit here tastes like windex and
we basically only have apples/pears for most of the year.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:

nowadays, i'm feeling the effects from even half an avo, like a dip in
energy, more sleep and increased mucus production.

That's interesting, bought a couple of avos on the back of this discussion, (mixed them in with tomato and garlic to get that raw food kick - well, the garlic also for apparent medicinal use, like removing internal bugs) had one yesterday and one today, alongside my usual fruits, and I've been really sleepy last two days. Tried to meditate early afternoon and had to crawl into bed for a few minutes, wasted! I haven't felt this zonked for a long while. All from an avo?? How lightweight have I become lol

So maybe it is true about avos - at least, for ppl who are in the process of working on their constitution...
Philos

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that makes sense, avocadoes and oils zap the bodies energy real bad.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with this food refinement, and then I feel like I'm on the greatest adventure of my life. Did a salt flush yesterday not sure it was quite for me. Definitely made me go more, fairly quickly too, but had lower back ache (kidneys) as well as feeling nauseous at first. However, I did feel that it was really removing and scraping away a lot of sludge inside. Also, it definitely killed my appetite for food.
Nothing changed much over last couple of days, fruits mostly. Developing a dislike toward bananas, which I find surprising, so having less of them. Still getting feelings of depression, almost, after eating. Thinking it might be too much sugar from the fruits, but not sure. Something's going on. Weight about the same.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much water and salt did you use?

there's definitely some salt that is absorbed though,
even if the ratio is perfectly isotonic (1qt. water with 2 tsp. salt).
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:
how much water and salt did you use?

there's definitely some salt that is absorbed though,
even if the ratio is perfectly isotonic (1qt. water with 2 tsp. salt).

1 pint of water and two heaped tea spoons of proper rock salt. Not all of it dissolved. Half a lemon squeezed in too. Any info on ratios etc appreciated!
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Introduced a little more coffee again while away at my folk's. Tiny cups of coffee. Came back after a few days away, and felt really hungry. I always feel hungry when I came back from their house. Even though I only ate fruit and salad while they had all their usual stuff - and their daughters love to bake, continuously, bread and cakes - when I got home, had a tin of broad beans with some salad stuff. Now I feel a bit yuky. Why do I always feel hungry when I come back from their house, weird. Think it's an emotional thing, somehow - seeing my mother, sister etc. Could have been worse. Could have binged on bread. Whole month now without bread - without anything cooked or processed at all - apart from the broad beans today. Nothing like old family connections to stir things up. Weight just above 10 stone, last time I looked.

I'm feeling so sad at the moment at the insane destruction of the animal kingdom by humans. Went past three loaded cattle trucks on the road at different times, sheep in one, cows in two others; all crammed in, looking stressed, piss and s### coming off the trucks, headed for the abattoirs. What a lack of compassion. What insanity. All for the sake of taste pleasure. Humans seriously need to wake up.
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salt water flush:

it's best to use two teaspoons for two pints.

it's best to use a measuring spoon to get the dosage right.

for most people this works perfectly and salt will only be absorbed minimally.

if it doesn't work, one can try a little bit more or less salt.

Last edited by Philos on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
lovedimension

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:
salt water flush:

it's best to use two teaspoons for two pints.

it's best to use a measuring spoon to get the dosage right.

for most people this works perfectly and salt will only be absorbed minimally.

if it doesn't work, one can try a little bit more or less salt.

genesis sunfire usually did one moderately heaped tablespoon per quart.

Thanks Philos, I think I'll try again, with better knowledge.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's how it's gone. After those butter beans in a salad, I've had some stuff I thought I'd never have again - croissant type things, and more coffee than over last month (where was having one cup a week). On the other hand, I don't feel like I've completely lost my balance. Just last night, strong feelings of light. Today in the office was tough, sitting at a computer all day, getting achey etc. And this going back to stuff I haven't had for a month (crappy wheat), all started because I had a weird time at my folks, still processing it. Still don't feel like I'm going to start eating loads of bread though. Had some nuts too, which I haven't had for a month. Last time, after my month of abstience from things I've been very addicted to, I started on them for a long time after again. This time, I want to reign things in quicker, I'll give it two or three days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: