Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my blog on adapting food intake toward breatharianism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but i'm not sure anymore what amount of salt genesis used for the salt water flush. i removed it from my post. please remove it from you post too, i don't want to give false info. it can be potentially dangerous.

the standard dose is two exact teaspoons per quart.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:
sorry, but i'm not sure anymore what amount of salt genesis used for the salt water flush. i removed it from my post. please remove it from you post too, i don't want to give false info. it can be potentially dangerous.

the standard dose is two exact teaspoons per quart.

Not able to delete that post (hello JMW, any chance of removing that post?)

A quart is two pints, so that means one teaspoon per pint. My salt flush was stronger than that, but it didn't feel dangerous to me. I felt cautious about it. From what I read, is that if you gag on drinking the mixture, it's too strong.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean the post from june 2nd where you quote my post, where i say the dosage that genesis used.

maybe edit out the line where i say the dosage he used.

because i think he used that dosage with a 2qt. bottle not a 1qt. bottle, so what i stated would be twice the recommended dosage that he used.

if the salt to water ratio is too high... i.e too much salt... it's possible that the gradient between the saltwater and the blood is very high and quite a bit of salt is absorbed which can bring on some problems. for a person that's not used to a lot of salt or has abstained from it for a long time it can certainly bring on edema, kidney pain, etc. that's why genesis sunfire only thought the salt water flush 1-on-1 in his bootcamps.

remember, even today drinking a saturated salt solution is still used as a form of suicide in certain parts of asia. a saturated salt solution would be very much salt though, about 9oz. (260 grams) of salt per quart, which is the equivalent of 15 tablespoons per quart.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After that month without bread, I had two or three days of small amounts of cooked stuff,then nothing cooked for a week (I was thinking this pattern was at last different) but then the bread bug kicked in, - that, and more coffee too (apart from that small cup once a week). These things all seem to be connected somehow coffee-cookedfood-bread. It's rather like, I get the taste for these harder things, and it kicks off the whole cycle again.

I know the only way to kick the habit, is to kick it for good. It's interesting though that twice now I've dumped the bread for a month (as well as cooked food obviously, which I never have much of anyway apart from bread when I'm on it), but twice now when I've reached the end of the month, and something in me is still telling me to go for that drug stuff again.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good thing to come off bread are kale chips.

another good thing is homemade essene bread. it's made out of raw and sprouted grains like spelt or wheat.

it's not quite the same as the "real" thing, but it might do the trick.

it can be made tastier by adding onion, celery, carrot, dried herbs, olive oil and salt to the dough before dehydrating or baking it.

it's quite tasty, maybe you already know it or have tried it?

baked potatoes are also a good bread replacement.

food addictions are very hard to beat.

i think it's best to just replace the addictive item with something lighter.

after while it can be replaced again with something even better.

before you know it, you're eating lettuce with tomatoes on them, instead of bread.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Philos,

I know of spelt bread which I favour... though the variety I've bought is always very much cooked.

I'll think about the kale chips - certainly baked potatoes are something I've been into.

In my blog... it seems to me though, none of this answers the real conundrum... When on fruit, I've written that eating loads of fruits is not so different to eating anything else really (apart from feeling better on it), doesn't answer the real nub of the issue... I'm getting closer, though in some ways, I know I don't even want to be closer...

which is also what my next and latest blog post is about
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my month of no cooked, gone back to bread things, but without much joy in it. Some very weird things going on though... This change backwards has been accompanied with this powerful feeling (like a psychic feeling) of being helped by others who are further on this path than I am. And what has come to light, is that what is really holding me back, is fear - fear of going even further into the unknown, and a lack of commitment to these things.

Despite all the resources out there on this thing that is happening to so many people, i.e. living without physical food... it doesn't help that much, in the sense that one's own personal path and obstacles are not made any easier by knowing that others have gone through similar things. I feel very much like, that I'm stumbling forward completely into the unknown.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Wheat is no longer my friend Reply with quote

Since last entry I've been off wheat again. During last entry, I ate a lot of wheat stuffs, and even a small cooked breakfast (it was meant to be a Father's day treat, eh). The next day, I had to go to the loo 5 times. My body couldn't get rid of all that stuff quick enough.

And so, I've finally taken a position against wheat. I don't like taking positions against anything really, but wheat has driven me to it. My struggle has always been bread, while eating everything else raw. I've tended to stay away from taking a position, because it's so easy to take a view, from a mental/intellectual standpoint, which has nothing to do with what is actually right for oneself - and sometimes seeing which one is which, can be tricky. People everywhere are driven by ideals that don't necessarily match what is right for them. But in my case, after many months (even a couple of years?) of going to and fro over bread, I've decided to take a line. My line is that wheat is not good for the human body. Wheat is addictive and weakens the body. I've concluded this from the emotional energy associated with wheat, and how the gluten acts like glue in the body. But it goes further than that, gluten free bread is not the answer either. There's something about wheat - gluten free or not - which is completely addictive. I think taking a position against wheat is a game changer.

So wheat is no longer my friend - the kind of friend who was fun, but essentially bad company to be in Smile) (like ex girlfriends I guess, in some cases!)

That leaves me with only coffee as a cooked substance I use.

Wheat is strange, everything revolves around wheat, practically every eating social activity is wheat related.

What I'm going through reminds me of something I heard Genesis Sunfire say once. Something along the lines of, while it's ok to just follow ones own process and the ups and downs and not forcing anything, sometimes one has to take a position against certain things (food related, that is), employing an act of will etc.

Weight wise still just over 10 stone, nothing much has changed. Fitness is good, go swimming sometimes, do a few weights also, am slim but quite well toned I suppose (probably still thin looking to many people). Before I couldn't get used to be just over 10 stone (thought it was too light for someone 6"2'), but I feel great on it really, so I have to stop worrying about that completely. Actually, I have very long runner's legs, so that's where my height comes from. Without my legs, I'd be a shorty Smile

Looks like my body likes being this way.

Next step in the journey - no wheat from now on! Feels quite strange somehow.
RBE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LoveDimension

I feel the same in regards to not wanting to stand against anything. In my heart, I feel, I am not AGAINST nor am I FOR anything!
I guess because that is a duality ego thing. I see a lot of vegan activists, and even though I've been vegan almost a year now, I do not go around wanting to change others.
In fact, with this whole food refinement thing, I have hated to separate myself into some category. I went to dinner once at my parent's house and they barbequed steak, and I made a hearty quinoa salad. When I didn't eat the meat I saw my Mom looking at my plate and feeling a bit of guilt inside of her. THis made me so sad! No one should feel any less or more of a person based on their diet.
I cannot eat wheat either without getting swelling and I also have to go to the bathroom right away.
This has been a somewhat painful process but I am starting to have glimpses of that sweet surrender. That letting go of our own "free will" is allowing something more loving and powerful to take it's place.

Thanks for your posts <3
Jaichima 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RBE, nice to meet you. I definitely can relate to how you felt in the past. I am always the odd man out, so to speak. I am the only vegetarian/vegan noneater in the Family. After several doctor visits, I honestly came to this forum to find suggestions on how to eat like a normal person again. Laughing I wanted to be normal like everyone else. I want to eat! I wasn't looking for this... After reading your post and several others, I realize I am not alone. But I still feel all alone in this. My mother suggests that I see a therapist after getting a "clean bill of health" from her and my MD. I plan to go with what works for me from now on. I am still struggling with the idea that people WANT to have these food intolerances. Confused The more I read about the benefits of Inedia for some, as well as my own personal beneficial experiences, I understand more now. I don't feel like a freak any more. I just wish there was a support group in my area.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr. douglas graham once said something like this (i'm paraphrasing):

"For a long time I ate foods that i loved, but didn't love me back. At some point i choose to end this relationship and only eat foods that love me back."

i thought this was a kind of cool way of framing the whole food thing: a relationship.

why maintain a relationship/partner that you love, but doesn't love you back?
RBE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bit of raw chocolate for "dessert" so now I'm not able to sleep.
I actually don't even want to sleep indoors for some reason...sleeping outside sounds better! Or just meditating all night, sounds good too.
Jaichima~
Thanks for the reply! My parents would freak out if they found out I wasn't eating. My mom used to think I had an eating disorder when I was really thin in high school. I experienced a strange relationship with food my whole life. When I was in middle school, I would come home and feel my mother's depression In the house. I would go to the kitchen and binge on Doritos. It was comforting, but even then, at that sweet young age, I KNEW that wasn't the answer. I was conscious that I was eating to soothe my soul.
I have really hated having these food sensitivities. I want to be able to eat as well!! But now I have seen glimpses of the OTHER WAY, so I see why my body is doing this. To go to the LIGHT.
I can see the strange cycle of this eating vs non eating thing as well: You want to be off food, but once you get off food, your mind can say "no, I want to eat!" So you could battle for years with this. I hope I don't!!! I am already feeling a dilemma inside. Sad
Philos~
Thanks for that quote, yes it makes sense of course. Eventually one has to give up the abuse!
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBE~
maybe you find something useful in this:
http://www.regenerateyourlife.org/videos/81.php
lovedimension

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBE wrote:
Hi LoveDimension

I feel the same in regards to not wanting to stand against anything. In my heart, I feel, I am not AGAINST nor am I FOR anything!
I guess because that is a duality ego thing. I see a lot of vegan activists, and even though I've been vegan almost a year now, I do not go around wanting to change others.
In fact, with this whole food refinement thing, I have hated to separate myself into some category. I went to dinner once at my parent's house and they barbequed steak, and I made a hearty quinoa salad. When I didn't eat the meat I saw my Mom looking at my plate and feeling a bit of guilt inside of her. THis made me so sad! No one should feel any less or more of a person based on their diet.
I cannot eat wheat either without getting swelling and I also have to go to the bathroom right away.
This has been a somewhat painful process but I am starting to have glimpses of that sweet surrender. That letting go of our own "free will" is allowing something more loving and powerful to take it's place.

Thanks for your posts <3

Hello RBE and thanks for your thoughts. I understand what you say in all that. I think that's kind of it, about letting go. Sometimes it feels like there's no way forward, all this food contradiction/battle some people are going through, probably like most people on this forum.

But I think there is a slow realisation that it isn't nonsense - and even if the end journey isn't living without food, at least gaining a profound understanding of how food things keep us prisoners
lovedimension

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philos wrote:
dr. douglas graham once said something like this (i'm paraphrasing):

"For a long time I ate foods that i loved, but didn't love me back. At some point i choose to end this relationship and only eat foods that love me back."

i thought this was a kind of cool way of framing the whole food thing: a relationship.

why maintain a relationship/partner that you love, but doesn't love you back?

Philos, that's just it, how I've come to think of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: