Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dry fasting log
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpnamn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Dry fasting log Reply with quote

Hiya!

Im new here. Found this website a couple of months ago.
I could say im a raw vegan but sometimes I eat cooked vegan food. But most of the time I eat fruits and veggies.

I have tried dry fasting two times. The first time was 2-3 days the second time was 5 days.
I had to stop the second time because I worked like 10-12 hours a day and I was loosing to much of energy to go on.

Now I will try it again but im planning to fast for a whole week this time, maybe longer, depends on how much energy I have at the end of week because im going to work intensive after this coming week.

So I will start today with no food or water Cool

PZ!
cpnamn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been fasting now for more than 24 hours and feel well.

But I have a question. When you stop your dry fasting do you guys need to eat cooked food? I feel the need for it. Usually I eat fruit juices or smothies sometimes vegan cooked food. But when I stop dry fasting I want to eat heavy meals. Is this something you guys have been experiencing?
JMW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpnamn wrote:
When you stop your dry fasting do you guys need to eat cooked food?
The most suitable food for human is what is taken directly from nature in place where he/she lives. Any processing of the food other than just washing, is damaging it.

cpnamn wrote:
I feel the need for it.
Do as you feel is right for you. You can use Conscious Eating method to find our, what your body really needs.
cpnamn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what "Conscious Eating method" is. But what I know is that I feel best when I drink juices, like apple, orange etc. Not alot of diffrent fruits mixed. I dont eat so much nuts and seeds anymore for example.
JMW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: CE Reply with quote

Conscius Eating it one of the methods described in "Life Style Without Food", that is here on this forum and also can be downloaded from http://breatharian.info .
cpnamn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: CE Reply with quote

Dont remember reading that in the book.
I had to quit today with the fast because I was too exhausted.
I love to fast and going to do it again soon when I have the time.

Some stuff that happens when I fast is: I get very varm, my pulse is faster and I barely sleep. Does anyone know why its like this?

And im thinking of having 24 hour fasting one day each week from now on. Smile
Draginvry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: CE Reply with quote

cpnamn wrote:

Some stuff that happens when I fast is: I get very varm, my pulse is faster and I barely sleep. Does anyone know why its like this?

This, too, shall pass. If anything, my pulse and breathing is much lower after practicing frequent dry fasting over the last couple of years.

You should drink liquids before resuming eating. Dry fasting dehydrates the body. If you drink liquids instead of going straight to food, you will have less problems with overheating.
cpnamn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: CE Reply with quote

Draginvry wrote:
You should drink liquids before resuming eating. Dry fasting dehydrates the body. If you drink liquids instead of going straight to food, you will have less problems with overheating.

Oh, I mean while im fasting I get warm.
Im planning on buy a good juice presser but they are pretty expensive. But I think its worth the money becuase then I can drink fresh light homemade juices. The good thing is it presses out the water juice from the fruits.

And I have another question. When I fast I dont feel to do any physical practice, like yoga or running. I do these things regularly but not everyday in my life.
Should I force my self to do the practice?
I just do very simple asanas just a couple of minutes then I get tired and stop while im fasting.
Draginvry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: CE Reply with quote

cpnamn wrote:
Oh, I mean while im fasting I get warm.

That's natural. When you are dry fasting the body burns off toxins directly. They are converted into heat. The reason your heart beats fast is from the dehydration. If you have less toxin, the heart beats slower, because there is less sludge in the blood.

As far as sleep, the lack of sleep is perfectly natural to the body. The reason people sleep to begin with is because they are so toxic the body forces them to fast (it's difficult to eat while asleep). If you want to sleep, there are techniques for doing that as well. But to the clean body, a meditation is as good as sleep. The only reason for a breatharian to sleep is to have dreams.

Quote:
And I have another question. When I fast I dont feel to do any physical practice, like yoga or running. I do these things regularly but not everyday in my life.
Should I force my self to do the practice?

This is an artifact of fasting. Particularly while dry fasting, the body becomes tired very easily because all of the body energy is being used for detox. If you exercise, you only force a faster detox, and you will become tired even quicker.

I don't recommend exercise while dry fasting. If you want to do some exercise, drink some water or some fruit juice before doing so. Consuming a little something will help.

I don't recommend exercise in general while fasting. Any "serious" fast will be detoxing the body all over the place. Exercise just increases the toxin load to whatever muscles you are using. I find it more efficient to take it easy while fasting, and save the exercise for eating. In my experience, detoxifying too quickly doesn't really help very much. It just makes life more difficult.

Should the body become clean enough that you can maintain a steady stance or pose while dry fasting without incurring weakness, then you might want to add in the exercise. But if at anytime you feel that you are "forcing" yourself to do anything, you are entering dangerous territory. Forcing a fast or exercise is a good way to cause yourself injury.
JMW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: answers Reply with quote

cpnamn wrote:
Im planning on buy a good juice presser but they are pretty expensive.
It is much better and healthier for the body to draw the juce from fruits directly. When you use a machine, you are hurting the aura. Such made juice feels like a dead body. Look at the aura. Nature did not approved any machines, nature gave you the best juices most suitable for you body, in fruits, to be sucked by your mouth not machines.

cpnamn wrote:
When I fast I don't feel to do any physical practice, like yoga or running.
The body needs it. It makes the electricity in the body to flaw as it should do, so the body light system is working well. But, of course, do not force more than the body needs.
cpnamn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: answers Reply with quote

Thanks for the good answers Draginvry and JMW.

JMW wrote:
It is much better and healthier for the body to draw the juce from fruits directly. When you use a machine, you are hurting the aura. Such made juice feels like a dead body. Look at the aura. Nature did not approved any machines, nature gave you the best juices most suitable for you body, in fruits, to be sucked by your mouth not machines.

Hmm.. So for example if I want an apple, should I chew it in my mouth and suck the juice out of it and spit the rest out? See I feel when I only drink light juices I feel mentally and physically very good. I have tried that for a couple of days, just the juice from like apple, carrots etc.
I think that its maybe better to drink juices than to eat the whole fruit, or am I wrong? More work for the stomach.
Draginvry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: answers Reply with quote

cpnamn wrote:
Hmm.. So for example if I want an apple, should I chew it in my mouth and suck the juice out of it and spit the rest out?

I prefer eating fruits. Juicing is a waste of resources. The only reason to juice is because the juice contains more energy. But if you throw out the fruit, you aren't really gaining anything. Juicing may be better per volume of food consumed. But eating the apple is more bang for your buck.

If you're that worried about efficiency that you are spitting out apple flesh, then you should just go on a dry fast with an uber exercise schedule. That is the cheapest and fastest way to detox the body. It might be a very dangerous and painfull way, but it is the most efficient in terms of time and resources involved. If you really must be a perfectionist, that is the method that should be used.

But I have a better idea. How about not being a perfectionist? When it comes to the human body, being "extreme" doesn't really help anybody. For example, I fasted most of the day today, and then I went on an eight mile walk. I feel good and I have some decent endurance because I've trained like crazy in the past. I would do endurance tests, or go on a fifteen mile walk. But I do not do that everyday. Because I was extreme for a day or two, it allowed me to build up the body to handle more stuff later. But I do not walk to the edge of the city limits everyday. I do not measure and weigh everything I eat. I do not exercise until my ligaments snap. I also do not believe in juicing for the same reason. Juicing is just another form of perfectionism which is going to cause you to miss the forest for the trees.

The human body works as a unit. Understanding how each part of the body is connected as a whole is key to having health. In my experience, people who are constantly being "extreme" have a tendency to overlook real knowledge and understanding of physiology. If you want to have health, the first thing you should do is eliminate extremism from the personality.
cpnamn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: answers Reply with quote

Been thinking a little and you're right. Smile I have dry fasted again now over 50+ hours and I drank little water a couple of hours ago. Because I had very low energy and could not do so much more than laying in the bed. Never tried fast with water but it was great I got so clear mentally and alot more energized. Now I have eaten two oranges and one apple. And just feel great again.
But next time I will probably dry fast and when I feel that I cant move around and to simple stuff I will drink a little water. Maybe if I drink water I can do this while im working too.
I have a hard time dry fasting while im at work because its hard work physically.
Draginvry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: answers Reply with quote

cpnamn wrote:
I have a hard time dry fasting while im at work because its hard work physically.

I don't recommend dry fasting if you are working everyday. The only reason I've been able to dry fast so frequently is because my job requires very little physical exertion. I should also note that I dry fast for 18-36 hours, and I very rarely dry fast for longer than 48 hours.

Dry fasting can bring on mental and physical tiredness very quickly. In my experience, the effects of dry fasting will happen about three times quicker than water fasting. On average, a 50+ hour dry fast would be like going on a 150+ hour water fast in terms of how it affects the functioning of the body.
cpnamn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: answers Reply with quote

Good to know, gonna dry fast for a couple of days soon when I feel tired I start with the water.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: