Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can fruits be also an drug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lianna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Can fruits be also an drug? Reply with quote

Yesterday I had aten a big watermelon and grapes, and I have found, that I also canīt stop eating them, when I start with it.

I know this also from dryed fruits...

Makes fruit sugar in the same way addicted to it, like factory sugar?

(I found this also by honey, it seems to me, it is the sweet taste, that make me addicted to it...)
RICKLFF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Can fruits be also an drug? Reply with quote

Hi Lianna,

I'm gonna give you only my opinion.
Regarding my experience, I can't eat too much fruits. I eat some, but after I'm full, I can't eat anymore. But when I eat a pizza, after my stomach is full, I can eat two or three more pieces.
So I can't be addicted to fruits like I'm to food.
I suppose that you can eat a lot, but after you are satisfied, you stop, don't you ?
Anyway, fruits are easily digested and you feel very light when you ingest just fruits alone. So even if you are someway addicted to them, but if you manage to eat only fruits, it would be wonderful for your body.

Rick

Lianna wrote:
Yesterday I had aten a big watermelon and grapes, and I have found, that I also canīt stop eating them, when I start with it.

I know this also from dryed fruits...

Makes fruit sugar in the same way addicted to it, like factory sugar?

(I found this also by honey, it seems to me, it is the sweet taste, that make me addicted to it...)
Lianna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

Quote:
Regarding my experience, I can't eat too much fruits. I eat some, but after I'm full, I can't eat anymore. But when I eat a pizza, after my stomach is full, I can eat two or three more pieces.
So I can't be addicted to fruits like I'm to food.
I suppose that you can eat a lot, but after you are satisfied, you stop, don't you ?

hm...

This lead me to the question, when is it an addiction and when not...?

I thought, an addiction is it, when you canīt stop immedaitely, for example you eat three pieces of something, then you could stop with it, but you want more...

Or whatīs about, eating something, equal what amount of it, every day?

Where beginns the addiction, and whats "normal"?

(Ok, if we say, be an breatharian is the normal state, then eating food, equal what for food it is, isnīt normal.)

Big problem is for sure, feelings, emotions and boredom... Sad

And there is also in some cases curiousness, I want to eat something, because, I want to taste it...
lovedimension

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with my own eating experiments, I'd say that I can't see a huge difference in the emotional functionality of fruits versus a piece of pizza. Attention can be diverted from pizza to the fruits, but at the end, the need (emotional need) for food hasn't changed...

I think the idea is that adaptation to fruitarian diet disengages the deeply addictive nature of things like bread and burned things to something lighter e.g. fruits, which in itself can be a challenge and enlightening..

but I've been finding that my body is being more and more uncomfortable with fruits only (might be just psychological), despite having lots of energy on fruits only... various reasons... air miles, shunning natural produce grown locally... etc.. many reasons... also, not solving the need or want to eat...

either one wants to eat, or one doesn't, seems to me... and people die whether they eat pizza or fruits...

I read that cooked food kills you, but that's not true.. many meat eaters live long lives, many vegetarians or vegans or raw foodists have short lives (sudden accident, disease/karma), and vice-versa... diet isn't the only reason for a long or short life...

my two cents on it, is that it's entirely governed by Spirit, and if Spirit wants you back (i.e. physically dead), that'll happen whether you eat meat or fruits...

isn't that why people don't want to eat (i.e. become breatharian), to live an eternal life and basking in love?
Airnalize

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: We have aaaaall the time in the world....... Reply with quote

To me the reason why I want to experiment with eating/non-eating is to explore my limits and to learn more selfcontrol. Selfcontrol or command over compulsions builds fiber into the soul and gives more consciousness about one's being. More consciousness is my driving force. The prize for more consciousness is a sensation of light and bliss that is so wonderful that I want to expand again and one more time. Laughing

That is why I find it paramount to not get frustrated and also to not be judgemental about the slip ups. Staying unaffected and keeping the pressure on in a calm and collected manner, keeping negativity at bay by keeping focus on the silence within.

To remember that it goes up and down takes a number of times of repeated trial and error. Eventually in time suddenly I just "know" and the worries shift. The way I function is also to not take too large steps at a time. I nibble my way towards my goal. Live and let live and be patient and quiet.

What I have observed when I cannot stop my arm constantly reaching for another grape and put it in my mouth, is that the part of me that has been used to eating all my life, is not willing to stop existing. Also some part of me is getting afraid of the emptiness that is, where the eating habit was. Eating suddenly appears to have been entertainment, something to pass the time.
Why is some part of me afraid of having plenty of time ? When I was a kid, I could just sit and look at the sky or the water, without being afraid of wasting time. I had aaaaall the time in the world. And that is the state that I am discovering again. What a terrible power of conviction we have been exposed to thru society......... To think that our gift of plenty of time has been turned against us. Now is the time to turn that around and reclaim our time.

Thank you so much for the inspiration. You inspire me.

Warm greetings
Airnalize
sheen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: We have aaaaall the time in the world....... Reply with quote

Hello Airnalize.

Airnalize wrote:

What I have observed when I cannot stop my arm constantly reaching for another grape and put it in my mouth, is that the part of me that has been used to eating all my life, is not willing to stop existing.

Everyone trying to quit eating experiences the same resistance. But I think that this addicted and compulsive mind that moves our hands to the grapes is really not a part of ourselves. It's come from the outside. Call it a parasite, an evil spirit, astral chunk, entity, bad energy, archon... the name does not make the thing. What's really important is to know who you are and who you are not.

Well, at least that's what I have come across after my research and experience. We humans are full of mental, emotional, astral, etheric, physical... parasites. They give us their thoughts, their desires, their fears... and we take them for ours. That explains our painful bipolaristic mind that sees clearly the harm that addictions inflinge on ourselves while at the same time it cannot get rid of them, and even experiences some kind of pleasure with it. We are truly not that squizofrenic. We simply are full of parasites.

Last edited by sheen on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: We have aaaaall the time in the world....... Reply with quote

Deshimaru wrote:
. We are truly not that squizofrenic. We simply are full of parasites.

Thank you Deshimaru for saying that. It's kind of strange, but I've been coming to this conclusion more and more - then I get an email reminder to this thread (when I've never been sent an email for forum responses from the server, ever) and then I read your post.

I was listening to a Buddhist chanting CD yesterday and I was blown out by the purity of the mindsets of the monks.

It is the way it is, with parasites, I see it too well in myself now. Unfortunately, it seems to me that these parasites are actually being increased by various groups in this world... to keep us in bondage.

I used to go to a retreat centre run by a Sri Lankan guru, and he used to say: pray for protection, protection, protection...

It takes effort, but I'm coming to believe/experience that focused thought/prayer and keeping a firm fix on one's mind, to be essential, fundamental. There's no other way. If there are parasites, and there are, they'll attach to the smallest of impression in one's mind to to cling onto. This is never more obvious than the toxicity of the TV and so on.

Praying for protection in full sincerity (and preferably finding a good mantra) can be the only way. I'm open to anyone's suggestion with regards to effective prayer methods. I've even considered japa, and getting a string of prayer beads.
lovedimension

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: We have aaaaall the time in the world....... Reply with quote

Deshimaru wrote:
. We are truly not that squizofrenic. We simply are full of parasites.

Thank you Deshimaru for saying that. It's kind of strange, but I've been coming to this conclusion more and more - then I get an email reminder to this thread (when I've never been sent an email for forum responses from the server, ever) and then I read your post.

I was listening to a Buddhist chanting CD yesterday and I was blown out by the purity of the mindsets of the monks.

It is the way it is, with parasites, I see it too well in myself now. Unfortunately, it seems to me that these parasites are actually being increased by various groups in this world... to keep us in bondage.

I used to go to a retreat centre run by a Sri Lankan guru, and he used to say: pray for protection, protection, protection... In fact, this being used to say that dealing with all the people coming into his ashram wasn't the problem, it was dealing with the demons they brought with them...

It takes effort, but I'm coming to believe/experience that focused thought/prayer and keeping a firm fix on one's mind, to be essential, fundamental. There's no other way. If there are parasites, and there are, they'll attach to the smallest of impression in one's mind to to cling onto. This is never more obvious than the toxicity of the TV and so on.

Praying for protection in full sincerity (and preferably finding a good mantra) can be the only way. I'm open to anyone's suggestion with regards to effective prayer methods. I've even considered japa, and getting a string of prayer beads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: