Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my raw food diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: goals for 2013 Reply with quote

my goals for 2013

i only have two goals, but they're quite specific.

i think i learned this from tony robbins or tim ferris or someone, that goals should be fairly specific and have an exactly defined timeframe.

goal #1
if god willing, by the end of 2013, i would like to be able to sustain a stable weight and stable energy levels on roughly 50% of my previous caloric intake.
specifically, that would mean a daily caloric intake below 1'500kcal.
before this reduced and more liquid food experiment, i would typically consume around 2'500-3'000kcal a day, depending on if i went to the gym or not.
if this works out, my goal for 2014 would be another reduction by 50% to < 750kcal/day, but first we'll see if the < 1'500kcal/day works out.

goal #2
if god willing, by the end of 2013, i would like to have completely healed my injured lower back (S1-L5) and the resulting parasthesia in my right foot.
injuries often happen due to careless and unconscious behavior. that was the case with me.
i sustained a moderate back injury in the gym during squats with heavy weights.
the form was good, but i overdid the weight. that was sometime around august 2012 and it has been slow to heal ever since.
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: day 21 Reply with quote

food
16oz alkaline water
1 quart kombucha
1 quart banana-raspberry smoothie
small salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado

activities
40min walking

comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkHz4kk9mEQ
she consumes 60 calories of green juice a day.
i contacted her some time ago and asked her a few questions.
she's a very nice lady, but doesn't speak much english.
she stressed that it is important to not reduce caloric intake too fast.
it took her 23 years to arrive at 60 calories/day.
her body has superior recycling abilities and seems to be able to cleave off the nitrogen atoms from the urea molecule, which is incredible.
this means that she can maintain nitrogen balance and synthesize all the protein she needs, without dependence on external sources.
i guess it could also mean that she doesn't even need the nitrogen in the air!
jericho sunfire always says the he feels his body can "live off his body's own resources".
breatharians seem to be super-recyclers... they don't waste even a single nitrogen atom. Smile

i'm off work next week for some vacation time. i'm considering a fast of some sort... like mono-berries, green juice, water/lemon or something like that.
halcyon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really cool interview btw!
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: day 22 Reply with quote

food
16oz alkaline water
1 quart orange juice
1 quart banana-blueberry smoothie
8oz. dehydrated raw onion chips, 1x bottle of hemp beer

activities
2hrs. walking

comment
my god those onion chips are tasty!
http://shop.kaiafoods.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Case-Veggie-Krunch_Onion
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: day 23 Reply with quote

food
16oz alkaline water
16oz. green juice, 2 avocados
bowl of energy soup
1 quart kombucha

activities
40min walking

comment
i tried the dr. robert young ph-miracle raw food diet 3x times for 3-4 months each in the last 10 years.

on this alkaline diet there's a lot of green soups, green juices, avocados and oils that are consumed.

an energy soup is basically the same thing as a "green soup" or a "blended salad".

here is my favorite energy soup recipe that i created myself:

* 3-4 stalks of celery
* 4-5 medium tomatoes or the equivalent in cherry tomatoes
* 2 handfuls of spinach or lettuce
* 1 chunk of squash
* 1 chunk of fennel
* 1 apple, cored and peeled
* a few strips of soaked dulse seaweed
* 1-2 avocados
* 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
* fresh basil, dill, rosemary, etc.
* dried herbs, herb salt and black pepper

blend everyting and add to big bowl.
add grated celeriac, grated carrot and diced olives on top.

Last edited by Philos on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: day 24 Reply with quote

food
16oz alkaline water
2 avocados
1 quart of water
bowl of energy soup
herb salad with lettuce, arugula, cilantro, basil, tomato and lemon juice/olive oil dressing

activities
20min walking

comment
a lot of stuff is going on at the office. i was running around all day.
not a good time to take a vacation. i will postpone it a few days until stuff settles down.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: day 25 Reply with quote

food
16oz alkaline water
2 avocados
1 quart kombucha
4oz. kale chips, 1x beer

activities
40min walking

comment
i might look into making my own kale chips.
those i'm eating are extremely tasty, but they have a little bit too much salt in them i think.
http://shop.kaiafoods.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1814
i have this dehydrator, so making my own with kale, chia seeds, spices, etc. shouldn't be a problem.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: day 26 Reply with quote

food
1x quart alkaline water
1x cup of mixed berries
16oz. kombucha
4x bananas
6oz. kale chips, 16oz. kombucha
12oz. orange juice
salad with tomatoes and 2x avocados

activities
40min walking

comment
i started looking into the crypto-currencies bitcoin and litecoin.
it's very interesting. the bitcoin value has soared recently to $90+ per bitcoin.
if someone wants to send me a bitcoin or litecoin donation, here are my addresses Smile
bitcoin: 1BXBU59vKQ6v1Z13bGAj7UELmkZQyCjvNS
litecoin: LWNBqnggfpJkFKnC7PniPBkKMYYxnSxQv8
i'm managing and trading them on the www.btc-e.com exchange.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: about my cooked food addictions Reply with quote

about my cooked food addictions

before i embarked on the raw food journey, i had no idea that a person could ever be addicted to a food.

i was just merrily eating whatever was before me, without ever consciously thinking about what i was eating or even why i was eating it.

as a kid i ate pretty healthy home-cooked meals and fruit for snacks.

later as a teenager my diet got worse.

a typical day would be to drink some tea after rising, maybe a bite of something but on most days i would fast until 2pm.

when i got home from school i would eat around two pounds of white french bread (baguette) with a stick of salted butter.

for dinner i usually ate a salad with some home-cooked meal or some "marks & spencer" semi-healthy prepared meal followed with some dairy-based dessert or something.

sometimes between meals i would eat an apple or a chocolate bar. i almost never ate fruit and certainly never a entire fruit-meal.

now combine this with no physical activity.

as you can imagine the health problems started to appear.

not only was i somewhat depressed, i suffered from acne, itchy skin, light-sensitivity, constipation, neurodermatitis, congestion and other issues.

when i finally found the raw food diet all issues were resolved in a matter of months and i never felt so good and clear.

for the first 1,5 - 2 years i was very strict and never even ate i single bite of cooked food ever.

then something happened - it was curiosity - what would a bite of that bread taste like? what would a bite of XYZ taste like?

curiosity killed the cat.

a bite quickly lead to several bites... then several pounds... it was as if my willpower was reduced to zero.

i just couldn't stop myself. i had to try everything, even foods that i never ate before.

i not only had to try them, i had to overeat on them - frantically. i ate so fast. it was almost as if i wanted to hide my eating from myself by downing it fast.

after a couple of months i felt so incredibly tired, bloated, inflamed and sick.

after like 6 months or so i managed to get back back to raw foods.

over the following years i cycled back and forth between raw & cooked and eating high raw with a cooked evening meal.

i couldn't manage to muster the strength i had when i first started on raw foods and eat exclusively raw.

when i found 811rv in 2006 i started to be able to maintain a raw food diet fairly consistently, by eating more fruit, especially bananas and dates. i also started training at the gym.

on 811 i had a phase where i got addicted to steamed veggies with butter and salt and for some time i developed a white beans and tomato sauce habit... lol Smile

it sounds fcuking ridiculous to be addicted to white beans lol Smile

but i truly believe almost any food can be addictive. especially highly palatable cooked foods that are "improved" with salt and spices.

until today i was never able to shake the salt addiction for more than a couple of months. it's the ultimate addictive white poison.

here is a table of all the cooked food addictions i had, including how long they lasted.

name of addiction ; timeframe ; overcome 100%? yes/no

* steamed potatoes with butter and salt ; 2 years ; yes

* spelt bread with butter and herb salt ; 3 months ; yes

* white beans with tomato sauce ; 1 year ; yes

* steamed cauliflower and broccoli with butter or coconut oil ; 1 year ; yes

* salt and spices ; 10 years ; no

i certainly agree with the notion that food and especially cooked food is the ultimate addiction on this plane.

booze, sex, gambling, etc. is nothing compared to the kitchen.
Lianna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be written by me... cooked/processed food is a f###### drug... Rolling Eyes

And itīs hard to handle emotions/bad conditions without eating (cooked food)...
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: day 27 Reply with quote

food
1 quart alkaline water
1 quart kombucha
bowl of energy soup
16oz. water with grape juice

activities
40min walking

comment
i sold about ~150 books from my book collection. i wanted to get rid of my useless books for quite some time. all they do is take up space and attract dust.
i still own a lot of books, but those that i kept contain good and valuable information. i only got rid of books that are basically useless junk.
it feels good to get rid of stuff. makes me feel lighter and more free.
instead of selling them one by one through the amazon marketplace or ebay, i sold them all at once through the amazon trade-in program.
if you own some books that you won't be using anymore, you may want to check it out.
they pay with an amazon gift certificate.
i got myself the google nexus 10 tablet with the payout.
Cameron.NZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering about utilising salt (Himalayan pink) in the saltwater flushes that Genesis Sunfire advocates; is this doing harm to the body? Or is it that, as long as the saltwater has the same 'specific gravity' as the saltwater of the body (i.e., tears), that it will simply cleanse the colon, and not wreak havoc with the body?

I've tried them now for 5 days; after not having salt for probably 18 months. Now my body seems a bit salty, I'm back to having liquids during the day - was dry fasting before I began this; my belly is distended, and I'm wondering if this is not really a good way to cleanse ..
sheen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: day 27 Reply with quote

Philos wrote:

it feels good to get rid of stuff. makes me feel lighter and more free.

Absolutely.

Some three years ago I felt a strong call to reduce my material belongings to the minimum. I was living alone in an apartment at that time, with all the usual commodities of the "modern life". It came a time when I just felt ashamed of all the useless crap that I treasured, and what's worse, I depended on.

Since then I have given / thrashed / sold almost everything. Now I live in a small van, where I store all my material things. Sometimes I sit in the middle of my van, I look around and think: "Well, that's all I have". It's a good feeling. I don't have much to lose.

Now I plan to make a further step, leave the van in a parking, and start living on my feet. I'll start next may, when the weather is warm here, so I won't need to carry much clothing. I am sooo excited with this!

Maybe I'll start a blog, if I do it I'll let you know.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron.NZ wrote:
I'm wondering about utilising salt (Himalayan pink) in the saltwater flushes that Genesis Sunfire advocates; is this doing harm to the body? Or is it that, as long as the saltwater has the same 'specific gravity' as the saltwater of the body (i.e., tears), that it will simply cleanse the colon, and not wreak havoc with the body?

I've tried them now for 5 days; after not having salt for probably 18 months. Now my body seems a bit salty, I'm back to having liquids during the day - was dry fasting before I began this; my belly is distended, and I'm wondering if this is not really a good way to cleanse ..

hello cameron,

thanks for following my diary.

yes, the salt water flushes have to be 100% isotonic or else they either won't work or leave you feeling dehydrated and strange.

even if you do them correctly there's always a little bit of salt absorbed, but we an minimize it.

it's usually the best to do them in the morning for seven days after first hydrating with a quart of normal water.

the salt water hast to be exactly one teaspoon per 16oz of water.

use a measuring spoon and finely ground sea salt or himalayan pink salt.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron.NZ wrote:

hello cameron,

thanks for following my diary.

in my experience the salt water flushes are extremely beneficial in the right context.

i think it's dangerous to to them if one is not practicing raw foods or liquidarianism. see warning #1 in post below.

the salt water flushes have to be 100% isotonic or else they either won't work or leave you feeling dehydrated and strange.

even if you do them correctly there's always a little bit of salt absorbed, but we can minimize it.

it's usually the best to do them in the morning after first hydrating with a quart of normal water.

the salt water hast to be exactly two teaspoons per quart/liter of water.

use a measuring teaspoon and finely ground sea salt or himalayan pink salt.

Last edited by Philos on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 3 of 97

Jump to: