Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my raw food diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: salt water flush instructions Reply with quote

salt water flush instructions

warning #1: do not do SWFs when on a cooked food diet.
the SWF removes debris, mucus, bacteria, fungus, plaque, etc. and improves absorption of nutrients (and toxins!) substantially.
if you do SWFs and eat junk, the junk is absorbed more efficiently.
removing intestinal flora and then repopulating it on a substrate of cooked denatured foods is also problematic.

warning #2: always to the flush on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. never do the flush after having eaten something prior.

warning #3: it may take a couple of hours for everything to come out, so plan accordingly. it's best not to leave the house that morning.

1. rise between 4 - 6 am (colon meridian)

2. drink 1 quart of clean filtered unsalted water to rehydrate from the night

3. wait 30min for the water to be absorbed

4. drink 1,5 quart of water with 3x teaspoons of finely powdered unrefined sea salt or finely powdered himalayan pink salt. (use a measuring teaspoon)

5. wait 30min and do some yoga exercises that engage the abdominals

6. drink 1 quart of normal unsalted water to push the salt water out

i usually just do 1,5 quarts of salt water. if the intestines are filled to the brim, it's sometimes necessary to use 2x 1,5 quarts with a pause of 15min in between.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: day 28 Reply with quote

food
1 quart alkaline water
1 quart kombucha
bowl of energy soup
4oz. kale chips
1 quart green juice
salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, lemon juice, olive oil

activities
2hrs. walking

comment
i have written down a couple of thoughts on sugar. see below.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: my thoughts on sugars, the great stimulators Reply with quote

my thoughts on sugars, the great stimulators

sugars are carbon and hydrogen based molecules, thus they are often called carbo-hydrates.

there are many different sugars like glucose, fructose, sucrose, maltose and many more.

different foods are made up of different types of sugars.

fruits contain mainly glucose, fructose and sucrose.

foods like grains and potatoes contain mainly starches, which are broken down to glucose.

sugars are toxic to all tissues.

when we eat sugar and it gets absorbed into the blood the body wants to get rid of it as fast as possible.

the sugar gets either oxidized by the mitochondria or it is stored/deposited in the liver and muscles as glycogen.

fruit contains quite a lot of sugar, but it also features different substances to mitigate the harmfulness of sugar.

the plant that creates the sugary fruit knows that animals are attracted to the sugar and puts seeds into its fruit, so that animals can spread it.

so in effect the fruit bearing plant has a symbiotic relationship with the animals that eat it.

the plants give sugar to the animals and the animals plant the fruit seeds through their excretions.

the plant also knows that sugar is toxic to the animals, so it protects the animals by putting antioxidants and vitamins/minerals in the fruit.

some of the antioxidants also have the benefits of being very colorful, so the fruits look attractive and are visible from a distance.

the problem with this system is that the negative oxidative effects of the sugar can never fully be prevented and repaired by the beneficial antioxidant substances like flavonoids, polyphenols, etc. in the fruit.

another problem with sugars is that of simulation.

every time there is stimulation and acceleration of the metabolism there is an increased requirement of vitamins and minerals.

unfortunately the sugary stimulating foods rarely supply enough resources to the body to compensate for their own detoxification and excretion.

when sugar enters the mitochondrial electron transport chain to be oxidized, the cell requires different co-factors like b-vitamins and trace minerals to complete the process.

fruits contain quite a bit of those co-factors like b-vitamins, but not enough to perfectly balance the equation, so over time the deficiencies accumulate.

the sugar situation can be compared to a bank account.

eating a fruit is like withdrawing $100 from the antioxidant and nutrient account and only depositing $50 back.

eating refined sugar is like withdrawing $100 and depositing $0.

the result is accelerated aging (advanced glycation end product formation = sugar/protein crosslinking) and nutrient deficiencies/imbalances.

this can be very well understood by those on fruit diets.

the more hybridized and sugary the fruit (bananas/dates/mangos/dried fruit) the more imbalanced the body feels at the end of the day.

the imbalanced feeling can be accentuated by eating very large amounts of those sugary hybridized fruits.

those fruits are clearly not balanced in their sugar/antioxidant/nutrient ratios.

when we eat those foods we can feel overstimulated, depleted and we can crave balancing foods like vegetables, seaweed, salt, fat and green juice that can balance the deficiencies created by sugar.

green juice and vegetables contain almost no sugar and more vitamins/minerals/antioxidants, so they can deposit more in the bank than they take.

the most balanced fruits that do not require vegetable-balancing are all berries, wild cherries, passion fruit, mulberries, lemons, grapefruits and some other.

it's easy to notice that the fruits that don't create imbalances are those with the least amount of sugar and the highest amounts of antioxidants and vitamins/minerals.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
16oz. grapefruit juice
bowl of energy soup
16oz grapefruit juice
salad

activities
3hrs. walking

comment
i have different hiking routes here, all of them of different lengths. today i did the long one up and down the hills. after the hike i felt very refreshed and energetic.
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
1 quart kombucha
1 avocado, 1oz. kale chips
1 quart kombucha
1 avocado, tomatoes, 1oz. kale chips
16oz. water
salad

activities
40min walking

comment
yes! bitcoin soared to $145/BTC. got in at $70.
litecoin went from $1.50 to $4.80 in the last few hours!
the financial system is going down people... get into gold, silver and crypto-currencies before it's too late.
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
1 quart kombucha
1 avocado
1 quart kombucha
1 avocado
salad with avocado & olive oil

activities
40min walking

comment
i forgot to add my weight last monday.
172.8lbs (78.4kg) at 6.2 ft (190cm).
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart water
1 quart kombucha
2 avocados, handful cherry tomatoes
1 quart kombucha
salad with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and olive oil/lemon juice dressing

activities
3hrs. hiking

comment
i jotted down some thoughts on fats and their toxicity. see below.
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: my thoughts on fats, the great cloggers Reply with quote

my thoughts on fats, the great cloggers

as with sugars, there are different categories of fats.

there's saturated and unsaturated fats.

in the saturated realm, there's short chain, medium chain and long chain saturated fats.

examples for fats that predominate in saturated fatty acids would be coconut, palm oil and animals fats like butter and lard.

saturation simply means that the carbon atoms have attached hydrogen atoms.

unsaturated oils have some carbon atoms that are missing the hydrogen.

a saturated fat is simply "saturated" with hydrogen atoms.

unsaturated fats can be roughly split up in mono-unsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.

examples of monounsaturates would be fruit fats like olives, avocados and their oils.

the polyunsaturates can be divided into omega-3, omega-6 and the super-unsaturates DHA and EPA.

polyunsaturated fats are sometimes called PUFAS.

nuts and seeds contain a large amount of omega-6. flax and chia are sources of O-3 as well as O-6.

DHA and EPA are found in certain algaes, krill, salmon and other cold water fish.

in general, polyunsaturated fats like fish oil, flax oil or olive oil are liquid at room temperature, while saturated fats are somewhat solid like coconut oil, butter or lard.

the different fats are digested differently.

the polyunsaturated fats like avocados, olive oil and seed oils for example need bile from the liver/gallbladder to emulsify them.

after the emulsification the fats are transferred across the intestinal wall into the lymph system.

after they gum up the lymph for hours on end they finally make it into the blood to be oxidized for energy or stored as adipose tissue.

the saturated fats like coconut oil are digested more like sugars, especially the short chain and medium chain saturated fats.

they cross the intestinal wall and are available in the blood within a short period of time.

all fats are somewhat toxic in one way or another, especially the polyunsaturates.

if you look at the shelves in supermarkets or the kitchens of fast food chains you will notice the polyunsaturated industrial seed oils.

they are promoted as cheap and "heart-healthy" cholesterol free cooking/frying oils.

examples would be canola oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, soybean oil, corn oil, peanut oil, grapeseed oil, cottonseed oil and a few others.

those oils are highly unstable and prone to oxidation due to their unsaturated nature.

in the industrial manufacturing of these oils, they are subjected to the exact conditions which destroy them.

they are heated, they come into contact with oxygen and are then filled into clear bottles so that the light oxidizes them even more.

in other words, when you see those oils on the shelves, you're looking at oils that have already been destroyed, even before the customer pours them into the frying pan.

those rancid oils are also incorporated into almost any processed foods, from salad dressings to chips.

before the advent of PUFAS in the early to mid 20th century (before crisco!), most processed foods like fries and chips were made with saturated tropical oils and animal fats.

those aren't harmless either, but nowhere near as lethal as the oxidized PUFAS.

the PUFAS most people eat today lead to what is commonly known as "clogging of the arteries" or the medical term "atherosclerosis".

PUFAS increase oxidative stress significantly by the free radicals that are generated because of their unstable nature.

oxidative stress due to free radical damage then leads to imperceptible subclinical inflammation within the vascular endothelium, the lining of all blood vessels.

the inflamed tissue sends out cytokines and other inflammatory molecules like TNF-a (tumor necrosis factor alpha) which signals to the body that an injured site has to be repaired.

the lesion is then repaired as efficiently as possible by the body.

repair is almost always imperfect though. on the outside of the body we often get scars.

on the inside of the body we have fibrin, cholesterol, calcium and other substances that are deposited within the inflamed arterial lesion and over time, if the endothelium is injured again and again the diameter of the blood vessel gets progressively smaller due to plaque buildup.

arteriosclerosis is a life threatening condition, especially if the large blood vessels around the heart are affected.

interventions like coronary artery bypass surgery and stents are often prescribed to de-clog or circumvent arteries that can not fullfill their original functions anymore.

high blood pressure (> 120bpm) is often an early warning sign of clogged and calcified arteries. the heart has to pump harder to push the blood through narrowed blood vessels.

polyunsaturated fats are the number one cause of oxidative stress and arteriosclerosis. i humbly suggest you get them out of your diet ASAP.

by the way, oxidative stress from PUFAS not only inflames and damages the vascular endothelium, it also cause systemic inflammation in all tissues of the body.

what this means is that PUFAS contribute to many more diseases than just arteriosclerosis - most notably cancer, multiple sclerosis (MS), lou gehrigs disease (ALS), alzheimer, parkinsons and dementia.

you may be thinking - ok, ok, alright philos, i get it - industrial PUFAS are deadly, but what about the PUFAS in nuts, seeds, olive oil and avocados?

most commercial nuts and seeds are heated to 200C in large ovens to dry them and kill off fungus, larvae and bacteria. they also often sit in stores for a long time and are exposed to warmth and oxygen.

i have never seen fresh non-rancid nuts or seeds in any store, ever. in the northern hemisphere you can get fresh walnuts or fresh hazelnuts at the farmers market in the fall. those are fresh and there's no danger of rancidity.

high quality cold pressed olive oil (extra vergine), in a dark bottle, from the new harvest is mostly intact and somewhat acceptable.

olive oil like avocado is mostly monounsaturated, so they're less prone to oxidize and wreak havoc within the body.

fresh avocados are also mostly unproblematic, because it is a fresh living food which is unheated and the oil is incorporated within the plant matrix under a skin and has no contact with air and light.

avocados that are cut open and left in contact with warmth, air and light rancidify quickly and become brown/black.

now that we have discussed the industrial PUFAS like corn- and soybean oil, the non-industrial PUFAS like nuts, seeds and olive oil,
what about the more stable saturated fats like coconut oil, palm oil and animal fats like butter and lard, are they toxic too?

animal fats like butter and lard don't cause overt inflammation like the industrial PUFAS, but their main problem is their association with protein and a phenomena which is called "bioaccumulation".

animal fats are often eaten in the context of a protein containing animal food.

what i mean by that is that when we eat a hamburger, a steak, milk or cheese, all foods very rich in saturated animal fat, the fat is associated with the very toxic animal protein.

essentially, what i'm saying is that animal fat is toxic not so much by itself, but mostly because it is eaten with animal protein which may literally be the most dangerous substance on the face of the planet along with industrial PUFAS.

isolated animal fats without the animal protein like butter or lard are similar to coconut oil and palm oil and are somewhat fattening, but mostly harmless.

the tropical oils (coconut/palm) are more benign though, because they don't contain bioaccumulated fat soluble toxins like dioxins, PCB's, mercury which is the case with butter, lard, suet, etc.

so in summary here's my classification of the toxicity of different fats:

1. industrial PUFAS, like soybean-, corn-, canola oil [most toxic - causes systemic inflammation]

2. heated or stale non-industrial PUFAS like old nuts and seeds, non-extra vergine olive oil, improperly pressed flax seed oil [toxic - causes systemic inflammation]

3. animal fats like butter, lard, suet [somewhat toxic due to bioaccumulated fat soluble toxins]

4. tropical oils, coconut oil, palm oil, palm kernel oil [quite non-toxic - gets metabolized for energy or deposited as body fat]

5. fresh non-oxidized PUFAS like freshly harvested non-heated nuts, extra vergine olive oil, fresh avocados and olives [least toxic - gets mostly metabolized for energy]

hope you enjoyed my little primer on the toxicity of fats. leave a comment for feedback, questions or criticisms.
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
1 quart kombucha
bowl of energy soup
8oz kale chips, 1 quart kombucha
salad with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado & lemon juice/olive oil

activities
40min walking

comment
i'm going to start mining litecoins and maybe terracoins & ppcoins.
ordered gpu's for building my own rig.
excited, to be part of a revolution!
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-03-28/bitcoin-may-be-the-global-economys-last-safe-haven
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
1 quart kombucha
bowl of energy soup
1x can of tuna, 2oz. kale chips, 1x beer

activities
40min walking
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
1 quart kombucha
bowl of energy soup
1 quart kombucha
bowl of energy soup

activities
1,5hrs. walking

comment
ate some cooked tuna yesterday. felt fine today.
it's crazy how slow that animal food stuff moves through the intestines though.
Philos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart of water
1 quart kombucha
1 quart almond milk
16oz. grapefruit juice

activities
2hrs. walking

comment
if you want to know what's truly going on in the US, check out alex jones:
http://www.infowars.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel
Philos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
16oz. spring water
16oz. kombucha
16oz. almond milk
16oz. kombucha
16oz. almond milk
16oz. kombucha
16oz. almond milk

activities
40min walking

comment
i finally received the tinctures from dr. morse.
i got lymphatic #1 capsules, lymphatic #4 tinctures, kidney & bladder #1 capsules, kidney & bladder tinctures, upper circulation and some others.
i'm excited to try them out and feel how they work!
dr. morse says they help dramatically with the healing of the body.
my hope is that they will accelerate the breatharian transition process by facilitating the deep cleansing of the cells and tissues.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
16oz water
16oz kombucha
1lbs. frozen berries

activities
40min walking

comment
forgot to add my weight last monday.
it was 173lbs (78.6kg), if i remember correctly.

for a couple of days, i had this strange feeling in my chest.
i first noticed it a few days ago on my daily walk.
it's hard to describe it properly, but i will try.

i have this feeling that there is this large hollow and expanded space in my chest.
it feels as if my lungs have become bigger or have more space somehow.

one possibility would be that my intestines/colon have shrunk, by eating less food.
the 811 diet may have expanded my intestines to an unnatural degree, due to the large amount of fruit.
on some training days, when i would eat 5000kcal+ i destroyed up to 20lbs. of fruit, sometimes even more if watermelon was involved...

if the intestines have shrunk down to a more normal state, this would mean that there is more space for the lungs and diaphragm to expand downwards.

it also seems that breathing is very much easier and more "complete".
i'm not sure what it means, but it happened from one day to the other.
it feels really good. i will let you know if it was just a transient thing or if it persists.

Last edited by Philos on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

food
1 quart water
1 quart kombucha
2lbs. frozen berries with almond milk
1x avocado, 1x kohlrabi

activities
40min walking

comment
bitcoin crashed hard!
it's now back down around where i got in.
should have sold at >$200. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 4 of 97

Jump to: