Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my raw food diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Awareness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you want to buy or splurge on- besides expensive fruit? where i am in tropics, you can buy very good fruit for cheap. but the best fruits- of course you ca't really buy them, they're not for sale at any price. you can forage them,but you certainly can't buy.
it seems like a lust for money is a lust for power, am I wrong?
i can't claim that i'm immune to money or that i don't want money. but... i have had only $2 for the last 2- 3 months, and i'm planning to spend it on the bus tomorrow...
and i'm not disabled, i'm healthy and strong and smart... i could definitely be working if i really wanted to. I know I could get A job if i really wanted it. but I probably wouldn't be able to get a good paying job comparable to yours. BUT I don't know if I could take one even if it was available...

It's hard for me to put a value on my time... more and more I feel ... there is nothing I want... why should I trade my time for any thing? This moneyless blog has really hit home with me. It's nothing but slavery, money is an illusion and I don't feel like participating right now. Although I realize, I may have to get back in the game later on if I want to travel or fly out of hawaii or something : )

often I 'gift' my labor to friends or strangers but if it's something i want to do because it gives me pleasure, and i have no expectation of getting any thing( of course this is hard to do in reality, if i give you a gift and get pleasure in return, do i really have no expectation? no, i expect to get pleasure!) in return, it's hardly the same kind of work as working for a corporation
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: day 602, tuesday Reply with quote

food
16oz. coconut water
1.5qt. smoothie (bananas, chocolate oat milk)
3qt. smoothie (persimmons)
2lbs. steamed potatoes

salt/fat
a few sprinkles / 3 - 4 tbsp. butter

entertainment
3h (primewire, youtube)

sleep/surface
1.30am - 9.30am / hard mattress

activities
30min biking
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: day 603, wednesday Reply with quote

food
16oz. coconut water
2lbs. steamed potatoes

salt/fat

entertainment
2h (primewire, youtube)

sleep/surface
2.00am - 9.30am / hard mattress

activities
30min biking
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awareness wrote:
what do you want to buy or splurge on- besides expensive fruit? where i am in tropics, you can buy very good fruit for cheap. but the best fruits- of course you ca't really buy them, they're not for sale at any price. you can forage them,but you certainly can't buy.
it seems like a lust for money is a lust for power, am I wrong?
i can't claim that i'm immune to money or that i don't want money. but... i have had only $2 for the last 2- 3 months, and i'm planning to spend it on the bus tomorrow...
and i'm not disabled, i'm healthy and strong and smart... i could definitely be working if i really wanted to. I know I could get A job if i really wanted it. but I probably wouldn't be able to get a good paying job comparable to yours. BUT I don't know if I could take one even if it was available...

It's hard for me to put a value on my time... more and more I feel ... there is nothing I want... why should I trade my time for any thing? This moneyless blog has really hit home with me. It's nothing but slavery, money is an illusion and I don't feel like participating right now. Although I realize, I may have to get back in the game later on if I want to travel or fly out of hawaii or something : )

often I 'gift' my labor to friends or strangers but if it's something i want to do because it gives me pleasure, and i have no expectation of getting any thing( of course this is hard to do in reality, if i give you a gift and get pleasure in return, do i really have no expectation? no, i expect to get pleasure!) in return, it's hardly the same kind of work as working for a corporation

i'm not sure how old you are, but let me tell you that living on very little money, government assistance or dependent on parents/relatives gets kind of uncomfortable over time.

unfortunately, in the world we live in, almost everyone needs money.

the only question is where it comes from.

does it come from you, providing a service to other people or a company... or does it come in the form of welfare from relatives, the state or some other entity.
Awareness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live on 330$ a monthof gov't assistance( that theoretically can only be used tobuy food), i know it could go away at any time. sometimes i buy ridiculous stuff with it that i don't need, sometimes i buy food for people who are worse off than me, sometimes it feeds me quite well. i feel a bit dependant on it, and it's not the best feeling. i feel like i should take advantage of it since it's freely available to me. i can understand if someone tells me they don't feel comfortable getting it, i don't really feel that comfortable getting it. i probably wouldn't be SO FAT if i didn't have it.

On the other hand,buying expensive imported fruit just means you're paying a bunch of your wages to transportation/gasoline. it's not like the people growing or picking the fruit are getting paid decently.

I feel very comfortable living on little or no money, sometimes i want things, but i quickly realize how unnecessary and unimportant they truly are. does an animal feel uncomfortable living on no money? Thinking you need money is a false belief. Almost everyone does NOT need money. Almost everyone needs oxygen to breathe....

I'm 29 and I have accepted some money from my parents, maybe something ~ 1,000$ over the past 7 years, mostly from my mom, mostly for plane tickets, food, transportation. I think they really wanted to give me the money. my family doesn't really offer me much money any more and i'm glad for it. i told my mom i need to be more independent and will only ask for money if i really want it bad. none of my family has given me money in the past 1 year My parents have paid for practically everything my whole life and I'm grateful for that but it has also led to too much dependency. I just don't think getting money will free me, i just don't feel like chasing after green slips of paper, i think extinguishing the desire for money will free me.

but i do concede, i suppose i will need some money in the future to travel or maybe get food. though i'll be happy to die here in hawaii and could easily survive & thrive here without ever touching any money if needed. I don't think that is my path though, maybe i can serve us better by using money... maybe not... it's certainly a matrix of entrapment ... but if you're completely unattached to green slip of paper and you completely remember, it's just a game.. maybe it's different
Philos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awareness wrote:
i live on 330$ a monthof gov't assistance( that theoretically can only be used tobuy food), i know it could go away at any time. sometimes i buy ridiculous stuff with it that i don't need, sometimes i buy food for people who are worse off than me, sometimes it feeds me quite well. i feel a bit dependant on it, and it's not the best feeling. i feel like i should take advantage of it since it's freely available to me. i can understand if someone tells me they don't feel comfortable getting it, i don't really feel that comfortable getting it. i probably wouldn't be SO FAT if i didn't have it.

no offense mate, but what you're saying is that the taxpayers of the united states of america are currently paying for your food.

contrary to what you say, government welfare it not freely available.

this is some very naive, spoiled and irresponsible thinking.

welfare money is not some free buffet where one can just freely partake of.

where do you think that money is coming from?

hard working self-employed people, small and large companies and other taxable entitites/processes like the sales tax generate revenue, some of which is redirected to welfare, medicaid, etc. to support people who have a hard time supporting themselves and their families.

that's not the freedom you're looking for. it's the exact opposite. it's dependency.

Awareness wrote:
On the other hand,buying expensive imported fruit just means you're paying a bunch of your wages to transportation/gasoline. it's not like the people growing or picking the fruit are getting paid decently.

this is a straw man argument, you're making an authoritative response to a proposition that's not at hand in this discussion. what is being discussed is my statement that almost everyone needs money in todays society. the supply chain and fairtrade issues of the fruit business is a topic for another day.

Awareness wrote:
I feel very comfortable living on little or no money, sometimes i want things, but i quickly realize how unnecessary and unimportant they truly are. does an animal feel uncomfortable living on no money? Thinking you need money is a false belief. Almost everyone does NOT need money. Almost everyone needs oxygen to breathe....

you say you're feeling "very comfortable living on little or no money"... that may be... but you also don't feel entirely comfortable taking advantage of welfare... so that's kind of a contradiction.

i think you need to understand that money is not some evil entity.

it's just a means of exchange.

instead of bartering i can give you something of value like my time, physical labor, my expertise or a manufactured item, and instead of you giving me back another item or your time, you can just give me a representation of that value in the form of a coin, paper money or a bank transaction.

ideally money would be exchanged in precious metals or a 1:1 representation thereof, instead of paper money, but the topic of fiat money, the illegitimacy of the federal reserve and their entire racket is a topic of another discussion.

Awareness wrote:
I'm 29 and I have accepted some money from my parents, maybe something ~ 1,000$ over the past 7 years, mostly from my mom, mostly for plane tickets, food, transportation. I think they really wanted to give me the money. my family doesn't really offer me much money any more and i'm glad for it. i told my mom i need to be more independent and will only ask for money if i really want it bad. none of my family has given me money in the past 1 year My parents have paid for practically everything my whole life and I'm grateful for that but it has also led to too much dependency. I just don't think getting money will free me, i just don't feel like chasing after green slips of paper, i think extinguishing the desire for money will free me.

money will free you of your present dependence of welfare.

money will free you to maybe gift back some money to your parents as a token of appreciation.

"extinguishing the desire for money" is a nice soundbite, but what you really want is not do unenjoyable work which is totally understandable.

so the solution is very easy.

earning money by providing value to others (people, companies, ...) in way that you enjoy.

Awareness wrote:
but i do concede, i suppose i will need some money in the future to travel or maybe get food. though i'll be happy to die here in hawaii and could easily survive & thrive here without ever touching any money if needed. I don't think that is my path though, maybe i can serve us better by using money... maybe not... it's certainly a matrix of entrapment ... but if you're completely unattached to green slip of paper and you completely remember, it's just a game.. maybe it's different

even in hawaii, i doubt it's possible to live on no money.

what if you need medical intervention like antibiotics because of a serious staph infection, a lighter, new tent, new glasses, flashlight, etc. etc.?

a good example is the "north pond hermit".
http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201409/the-last-true-hermit

he was able to live without money for 27 years or something.

but was he really?

he stole almost everyhting he needed for decades, so that's not really living without money.

this man was taking things other people have worked for and paid with money.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the harsh words i wrote yesterday... this poverty consciousness that seems to be popular here, just aggravates me.

probably because it reminds me of my own thinking when i was younger and didn't understand the concept of value-creation and abundance.

it's hard for some people to understand, but money is just energy, neither good nor bad.

if you provide meaningful value / service to other entities, some of the energy you put out can flow back to you in the form of money.

Last edited by Philos on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: day 604, thursday Reply with quote

food
16oz. coconut water
1.5qt. smoothie (bananas, frozen blueberries, water)
1.5qt. smoothie (bananas, frozen blueberries, water)
2lbs. steamed potatoes

salt/fat

entertainment
90min (primewire, youtube)

sleep/surface
2.00am - 9.50am / hard mattress

activities
30min biking
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i think back to what shifted my thinking from scarcity towards more abundance, it probably was the writings of steve pavlina about wealth and money.

i can highly recommend his blog and book.

sure, in the grand scheme of things, it's all a game, but maybe some introspection is appropriate to find out if that view is just an excuse or cop out.
Awareness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was able to volunteer my time much more comfortably at the vipassana center because i was getting food stamps, maybe it would have been more rewarding without them.

It's about time to renew them, I'm torn, but going to get them again at least one more time while supplies last : ) maybe I will bankrupt the USA with my food stamps, and we won't be able to afford to start any more wars- that would be awful.

Just because I seem dependant on them- what does that actually mean, how can you determine or even define that? I certainly don't need them to survive. I understand they could go away at any time. I might spend more time foraging if i didn't have them, and i love foraging. i might have less food and enjoy & appreciate it a lot more. realistically, i might eat "lower quality" food if i didn't have them- but probably not. I will admit just taking the food stamp money is like slavery already- i just feel like i'm losing out sometimes leaving all this" free money" on the table

would you do your job for 1/2 of your current salary? what about for free? I'm really really really glad that you're happy to go to work every day. And I'm jealous. I've never really looked forward to doing paid work. I suppose I haven't found my calling yet. I like singing and making music and planting trees, and picking fruit from trees, and meditating, and many many other things. but there's not many things i currently want to do 40 hours a week. besides sleeping. i've been using a computer a lot recently but i could never take a job near a computer.
please let me know if you can find me a job where i don't need to be around electricity or wireless networks or people playing on their phones all day, in fact, i don't want to be around any people all day.

... and that is why my expenses are $0.00 per month. i currently have 0$ cash, i will post on my blog the next time i work for money or find on the ground or someone tries to give me money .
Awareness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost all of the food stamps i use go to local farmers, which helps them to compete against exporter farmers ( gmo papaya industry)... so... I like to support the underdogs? all of the money is going to an actual person? it?s not being split between grocery store/ distributor/wholesaler/monsatan/and a farmer? it?s just going to one dirt poor farmer who is my good friend whose family I might know who owns like 5-20 acres of land who just got hit by a hurricane and is about to be covered in lava and statistically could really use the internet. But it's not like these farmers work that hard either. they are just picking some fruit from some tree that they were lucky enough to plant or inherit or whatever.

I don't care if you judge me or say harsh things against me, i don't accept them, you can keep them for yourself : ). But it's not really fair to judge in a vacuum... there are a lot of other things you could be upset about. Like we pay police officers 100,000$+ per year to go around assassinating people. Or I can't be naked in public, if you let me be naked in public i'll give you my food stamps card back in a heartbeat.. imagine how much solar energy i miss out on by being clothed. Or do you know how many people we have in jail for possession of less than 28grams of marijuana? probably 200,000 people AT LEAST. and it costs 60,000$ per year to keep them in jail. I don't feel guilty about 100,000,000 tax paying people chipping in 330$ to pay for my food stamps. (about 12$ of that probably goes to JP morgan for processing the transactions ). They have to pay for wars, they have to pay to subsidize monsanto so they can sell gmo corn below the cost of production, they have to pay for social security, interest on debt that the B,R,I,C, + the federal reserve was kind enough to lend us

... I wish some of the big corporations could pay for food stamps, but they're not stupid enough to pay taxes, so someone will have to pay until the system implodes or food stamps get cancelled or whatever. They have to pay the aluminum companies for the toxic bi-product called fluoride, which they put in the water supply OR you can opt out of the system and stop paying if you want to, it's up to you. There are many legal ways to stop paying taxes, if you really don't want to pay taxes, you will find a way to stop. I haven't paid very many taxes in my life because i don't want to.

It's like you're saying there is fluoride in the water so we have to drink fluoridated water and there is no way to get water that isn't fluoridated. and we need fluoride to help us build strong teeth. and its impossible to survive these days without fluoride.

So, while I am - somewhat - dependant on food stamps - I admit- it is also freeing to have them in a way. Because I'm addict to food and maybe I'll slowly ween myself off- maybe not- who can say? who cares? And it's very nice to have a steady delivery of drugs coming to me each week/month because it allows me to not consider taking a crappy job I would be doing only to get nf

money for food... I mean... what else would I need money for besides food? That's the only drug left I'm hooked on at this moment ( *crosses fingers* ).

Couldn't we say you're also dependant on your job? Your job is probably less secure than the food stamps. Nothing is constant. What if they told you, you can work only 3 days per week when you feel like it, or take a few weeks off, but only get paid for the time you work? would you choose to work less? or prefer to work 40 hours a week? or would you work more if it was possibility?

With or without food stamps, I am completely free. I don't have to work for anyone if I don't want to. AND, my schedule is very open, I CAN work any time, DAY or NIGHT, RAIN or SHINE, IF I want to. I can go work for free, I can work for someone who really needs my labor but has no-thing to pay me with. Or I can go foraging... that is like bartering... I'm trading my time for exercise and fresh air and food (if lucky). I have plenty of time available to service beatiful women the color of cinnamon ; ) pm me if interested).

Have you ever read narcissius and goldmund? Imagine you're a very talented artist, and you want to do your own work, paint whatever you desire, but instead you are forced to paint for a company. Instead of working in the best interest of humanity, you are whoring yourself out for some magic green slips of paper. Your best energy and effort is going to a corporation thats main goal is profit, profit is more important than human lives, profit is more important than natural environment, profit is more important than happiness. Now, this is a minor assumption on my part- maybe you're working for a great company that really values you and its customers. If that is the case, you really won the lottery my friend. BUT most people are compromising their values and enforcing rules & regulations they don't necessarily agree with. But they do it because they (ignorantly ) think this is the whole way to keep alive / make money/ feed their family/ pay the bills. And it gets even more frightening when you're up north in the snow- not quite as frightening if its somewhere you can sleep outside, if its somewhere there is tons of fruit rotting on the ground, if you don't have kids / property/.attachments / etc

you're acting like providing value for a corporation and providing value for an individual are the same thing BUT that is really subjective for a number of reasons. In an economic sense, mcdonalds is obviously providing good value to individuals since they are so profitable. But they are also heavily subsidized by the govt ( giving them an incredibly unfair competitive advantage ). And also the economic impact of people eating mcdonalds food ( obesity, diabetes, cancer, glaucoma, asthma, every disease ever, etc ), and the economic impact of the destruction of the environment, etc. These costs are EXPORTED from mcdonalds- mcdonalds does not have to pay for those costs. BUT many people have to bear those costs - in one way or another.

Now if you create an exchange with another person and you are BOTH totally happy with the exchange, and you BOTH benefit on every level - a complete winfinity situation- then that is great. I would say that moving towards a gift economy would allow us to create the most of these situations possible. Because I am willing to give whatever I can just for the joy of giving it! without expecting anything in return

Lately I'm enjoying food stamps less and less. But ask me again during lychee season : ) I think eventually I will no longer get them... you certainly have called to attention something i've already thought about. it's tough because everyone here has the food stamps, and food is ridiculously expensive, and its certainly hard to give up this magic plastic card that gets me tons of free drugs(foods).
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, it took me like 1 hour to read your post... youre all over the place... do you smoke weed?

you are kind of preaching to the quire with the nwo, bankster stuff etc. i agree with most of that.

my original statement was that in todays society almost everyone needs money.

like it or not thats the situation we live in.

when your saying you can live the rest of your life happily without money, that just wishful thinking mate.

lets talk again when your off the dole and god forbid need some dental work, get a kid, or your parents need to move to an assisted living environment or some other random stuff...

those "green slips of paper" will come in mighty handy, trust me.
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: day 605, friday Reply with quote

food
16oz. coconut water with 1oz. wheatgrass juice
1.5qt. smoothie (bananas, oatmilk)
1.5qt. smoothie (bananas, oatmilk)
vegetable soup (fennel, carrot, beet, ginger, fresh herbs, dried herbs, salt)

salt/fat
1/2 tsp. salt / -

entertainment
90min (youtube)

sleep/surface
2.00am - 10.00am / hard mattress

activities
30min biking
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have started an experiment with wheatgrass juice.

i'm going to do like 1 - 3oz. a day to study it's effects.

my hope is that its nutrient density and supposed "lifeforce" will help me to reduce my food intake.

i have noticed some incredibly good energy and mood yesterday, better even than normal... maybe it was just a coincidence. we'll see.

in the past, i have used powdered wheatgrass/barleygrass, but i never really noticed much of anything.

for a while i grew my own barleygrass hydroponically, but that become a hassle quite quickly.

i'm using frozen wheatgrass juice now from a cool company.
check it out:
http://www.livewheatgrass.com
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, this live wheatgrass company is a perfect example of a company providing a valuable commodity and service to people and creating financial abundance for themselves in the process.

in their youtube videos they also seem to be very happy doing their work.

that's a good example for the word "winfinity" that Awareness described.

me personally, i think this is the wave of the future... motivated and driven people who create meaningful value with their small businesses and creating financial independence for themselves and their families.

i see this trend more and more... with platforms like etsy.com for example you can sell your goods to a large audience of people. there are people on etsy that are make 10k+/month and more.
check out craftcount and the different popular categories/sellers.
http://www.craftcount.com

it's so easy to make money nowadays, it boggles the mind. with the internet you can literally have like the most obscure of skills and make a good income doing what you love being self-employed.

you only have to put in the work, but that's easy if you enjoy it.

there's also nothing wrong with being employed, in my opinion, if you enjoy it and you're not doing the bidding of an evil company, but there's literally like a thousand good companies for every monsanto/kfc/mcdonalds/etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 60 of 97

Jump to: