Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my raw food diary
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: my raw food diary Reply with quote

hello everyone,

i choose the username "philos" because it is the latin root word for "family" and "friendship". since i have discovered this forum, i feel very much at home here. everyone seems to be interested in the same things as me.

when i started with the raw food diet in 2002 in never expected it to lead me to spirituality and the idea of breatharianism. i just wanted to get healthier.

in the last 10 years i experimented with various diets mostly different raw foods programs like the instincto diet, the vonderplanitz' primal diet, david wolfe's high fat superfood diet, dr. youngs ph-miracle diet, etc. etc.

since 2006 i have been quite consistently on the 80/10/10 fruit based diet approach. this diet basically consists of raw fruits & vegetables with minimal amounts of fats like avocados, nuts & oils.

the 811 program is quite awesome and has served me extremely well. it allows you to eat as many tasty fruits and vegetables as you want while still detoxing the body to a significant degree and having enough energy to exercise. i think it's the perfect program for letting go of the addiction to cooked food, because for a couple of years you can basically get used to idea of not eating cooked food and still feel perfectly satiated and maintain a high degree of well-being.

when i look back on the first half of my raw foods journey i can only wonder how i survived it... it was a very chaotic and emotional time and somewhat traumatic in many regards. in hindsight i compare it to a heroin addict trying desperately to get clean. it was a time of dramatic weight-loss, constantly feeling so very cold and hungry, social unease, detoxification symptoms, low energy, depression, regularly binging on dried fruit and cooked food, going back and forth between raw & cooked, etc. etc. i will spare you the details... it wasn't very pretty. it's all a blur now, but i still shudder when i look back.

the second half of my raw food journey when the 811 book came out was very much more stable and enjoyable. the cooked food was mostly out of the equation by now and when i slipped up i steamed some broccoli, cauliflower, peas or potatoes. the detox wasn't noticable at all and my weight was good due to more calories and strength exercise. social occasion weren't traumatic anymore.

i was doing some water fasts in that time mostly 1-3 day fasts, a few 7 day fasts and couple of 14 day fasts. the longest fast was 38 days in 2009. i also did at least two dozen juice and mono-fruit fasts mostly oranges or orange juice from anywere from a couple of days to a few weeks.

a couple of years ago i started doing regular enemas and must have done many hundreds of them at this point. after i read books on yoga i started doing salt water flushes occasionally ("shanka prakshalana"). after i met genesis sunfire, i committed to doing salt water flushes regularly and must have done several hundreds of them till now.

almost all the fasts, flushes and juice periods did seem to benefit me in some way or another. when i do them my body feels so light, clean, energetic, happy, focused, calm and a feeling of love for everything comes forward.

the 38-day fast in 2009 was too long. i should have ended it after 3 weeks. my feeling was to end it at this mark, but i continued. it took several months to recover from it fully. i had some other failed fasts where i broke them with cooked foods and they left me with a horrible feeling and i learned to never ever break a fast incorrectly. it's very damaging to the body. there is a saying that every fool can fast, but only a wise man can break the fast correctly. so true!

my feeling and experience is that fasting of any significant length shouldn't even be done when a person is not on a stable raw foods program that works for them. after a fast of any significant length like 14 days the body is so very sensitive and cleansed, so the cooked food seems to be much more harmful and can literally destroy digestion and leave one feeling rotten for weeks. on a fast the digestive juices are all very much reduced, so breaking the fast should be done very carefully with foods that do not require digestion like juicy fruit. i found oranges and peeled apples to be the best.

well, i could go on and on, but i basically decided to transition to a lighter diet because the time seems right.

i always very much loved reading other peoples diaries of fasts etc., so i thought why not make a diary myself?

feel free to post comments directly in this diary thread.

thank you very much and i hope to talk to you soon!

Last edited by Philos on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: diary day 1 Reply with quote

food
meal #1: 3 grapefruits and 16oz mixed beries, juiced
meal #2: 3 grapefruits and 16oz mixed beries, juiced

liquids
8oz water, 16oz coconut water

sleep
woke up in middle of night, took 10min to get back to sleep, somewhat restless sleep

exercise
40min walk

meditation
-

energy
high

comments
this is my favorite food: thick juice of citrus + mixed berries
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: day 2 Reply with quote

food
16oz coconut water
banana smoothie (8 bananas) with mango/maracuja juice
1 quart orange/berry juice
1 quart orange/berry juice

activities
salt water flush, 40min walk, 15min meditation

comments
my goal in this process is not to eat many of the heavier fruits like bananas, dates, dried fruit, etc. that are consumed as staples on 811.
my intention is to stay on lighter water rich fruits like oranges, grapefruits, berries, melons and their juices.

watched an interesting documentary called "aids inc." about the hiv-aids scam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQVFA38j598
Philos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: day 3 - march 4th, 2013 Reply with quote

food
16oz water
1 quart grapefruit/orange/berry juice
1 quart orange/grapefruit juice
16oz vegetable juice (celery, spinach, beet, apple)

activities
60min walking

comments
in this process of reducing food intake i'm going to weigh myself every monday.
weight is 175 lbs. on march 4th, 2013
i started the reduced and more liquid food intake around 6 weeks before starting this diary. when i started my weight was 190 lbs., so i lost 15 lbs. since starting. most of the weight was lost during 2 weeks of mostly orange juice with a few solid fruits.
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: diary day 4 - march 5th, 2013 Reply with quote

food
16oz water
a few celery sticks + 1 quart grapefruit juice
1 avocado

activities
40min walking

comments
for about a week i was craving avocado. one has to carefully examine cravings. my theory and experience is that a craving that persists for more than a few days might be a "real craving" of the body, maybe some kind of need of certain nutrients to balance itself out.

some cravings i call "fake cravings" or "detox cravings", those usually go away within hours or one day and should be ignored. it may just be stuff that's on its way out and that makes itself known to consciousness because it's in the blood again, but is not a real "need".

one of the best tests to determine if a craving is "real" or not is by doing an enema or salt water flush. usually the fake craving is gone afterwards.

i don't know... i may be making up all of this stuff in my head. who really knows...? it might all just be addiction or detox. maybe i was detoxing the 1000 pounds or so of avocadoes i ate in the last 10 years... lol... Smile
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: diary day 4 - march 6th, 2013 Reply with quote

food
1 quart water
1 quart water
1 quart kombucha
16oz spinach, 1 lbs. cherry tomatoes, 2 avocados
1lbs. cherry tomatoes, 2 avocados

activities
40min walking

comments
avocado tastes amazing right now. not craving citrus-juice or fruit.

i just go with the flow. it's not really up to me anyway. it's probably my higher self that's navigating the ship. i'm not going to force anything in this process.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: diary day 6 - march 7th, 2013 Reply with quote

food
1 quart water
1 quart kombucha
1 cup cherry tomatoes, 2 avocados
1 quart kombucha
2 cups spinach, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, 2 avocados

activities
40min walking

comments
don't crave sweet fruit like oranges at all, i'm actually almost repulsed by it. i tried to eat a dried fig and spit it out, it was so disgustingly sweet.
this is somewhat unusual as i'm used to eating the 811 diet and usually ate 2'500 calories of bananas, dates, orange juice etc.
if the inediate state can really be achieved both sugar and fats must be toxic, so by abstaining from sugary fruit and eating avocados i'm basically switching the poison... lol... Smile
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: diary day 7 - march 8th, 2013 Reply with quote

food
1 quart water
1 quart kombucha
2 cups spinach, 1 cup cherry tomatoes

activities
90min walking

comments
watched some more dr. morse videos. his information is aweseome!
http://www.youtube.com/user/robertmorsend
he talks a lot about fruit, fruit fasting, etc.
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: diary day 8 - march 9th, 2013 Reply with quote

food
1 quart water
1 quart kombucha
16oz. of coconut-water/berry juice
1 handful of dates
1 quart vegetable juice (mostly celery, spinach, fennel, lemon, ginger, apple)
2 bananas

activities
40min walking, 10min contrast showers

comments
started the contrast showers again. hardcore! the first days are the hardest when beginning something new.

especially hot/cold showers... after a few days the nervous system tolerates the cold better and better. i sometimes did them in the summers and i always felt great. i always stopped doing them due to lack of willpower. i guess nobody can deny that those suckers require quite a bit of willpower to do. i mean... who likes getting up in the morning and getting punished by freezing cold water... lol... Smile

the health effects are certainly noticable though: more energy, better circulation, good mood, better skin, etc.
Philos

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: diary day 9 - march 10th 2013 Reply with quote

food
1 quart kombucha
1 quart vegetable juice
small handful of dates
1 quart grapefruit juice

activities
40min walking
10min contrast showers
60min salt bath

comment
i felt really good today. the avocados a couple of days ago left me feeling a little bit "fatted out" and sluggish. now that the fat has cleared out of the blood and lymph my body feels noticably lighter.
Philos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: diary day 10 Reply with quote

food
1,5 quarts of orange juice
handful of dates
2oz of kale chips
half an avocado
handful of brazil nuts

activities
10min contrast showers
20min chi-machine
400 rounds uddiyana bandha
20min walking
30min salt bath

comment
weight: 173lbs

i found my good old chi-machine in a drawer. after the machine stops there's this chi-shower feeling that moves through the entire body. pretty fun!
it's supposed to oxygenate the blood and move the lymph.

i also orderd a big fat stack of herbal formulas from dr. morse to support the lymph, kidneys, etc. they are supposed to be helpful by improving and strengthening the elimination capacities of the body.
Philos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: diary day 11 Reply with quote

food
1 quart kombucha
1 quart orange juice
1 quart vegetable juice
1 handful of dates

activities
10min contrast shower
40min walking

comment
felt somewhat lethargic today. must have been the fat from the kale chips, avocado and brazil nuts i ate yesterday. those fats really slow me down now. i think my metabolism slowed down from the lighter diet i'm on, so the body has a harder time getting rid of the fats.
Philos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: diary day 12 Reply with quote

food
1 quart alkaline water with grape juice
1 quart kombucha
2 quarts orange juice
2oz kale chips

activities
40min walking

comment
i activated my water-ionizer that was standing around without being used. made some 10.8 ph water.
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: diary day 13 Reply with quote

food
1,5 quart of banana smoothie
1,5 quart of banana smoothie
16oz green juice

activities
40min walking, 10min contrast shower

comment
i'm a day behind on the diary. used up some frozen bananas i had in my freezer to make place for frozen berries. the bananas were very tasty, i blended them half-frozen with some bottled fruit juice.

Last edited by Philos on Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Philos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: diary day 14 Reply with quote

food
16oz alkaline water
1 quart kombucha
1 quart orange juice
1 quart orange juice
1 quart green juice
half an avocado

activities
40min walking

comment
got a batch of very amazing blood oranges. drink of gods!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 1 of 97

Jump to: