Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My path to Inedia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noneater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lianna: "Donīt forgett, to force something isnīt good..."

Well, generally I agree with you. But sometimes I think it can be beneficial to push yourself outside your comfort zone if you're stuck in a comfortable but destructive pattern. But I don't feel I'm forcing this (well a little). I'm taking baby steps towards my goal and adjusting the course based on the feedback I get from the Universe. Until my latest fast I had practically no feelings of discomfort . The discomfort probably came from my attempt to regain 'lost' time too quickly.

Since there will inevitably be more social events ahead which 'require' my participation in eating, I will want accomodate for that with a schedule which is flexible in the short-term, but still keeps the longterm average rate of progress steady (currently 1 hour increase in fasting time per 3-day fasting cycle). So there will be periods of catch-up (which may involve varying levels of 'suffering'). I don't want fool myself into a game of endless catching-up, and if I notice myself falling further and further behind the schedule I will probably want to rethink my strategy. But I'm not there yet. So far so good! Smile

PranaChild: "Wiley Brooks says that Aspartame is a 5d substance (Wink)"

Well he may be right, I can only go on my own intuition which says it's probably something I will want to avoid. Some say it blocks the pineal (3rd eye) and locks us into the 3D matrix which is basically the opposite direction to where I want to go. Generally it seems to me that mr. Brooks has done a 180 degree turn on most of his early held beliefs. Why? I don't want to speculate. I take to heart the parts of his message that ring true to me and leave the rest.

PranaChild: "I also found it interesting when he talks about the desert being the best place to be and not necessarily forests etc."

I get that. Associations: Nature as Maya, the desert as an escape route from Maya, Jesus fasting in the desert for 40 days and being tempted by the devil to eat... Wink

OK, a little progress update: two more social events today and tomorrow 'require' my participation in eating. Will start my next fast tomorrow (sunday) around six p.m. This time I'm aiming for around 60 hours (52h scheduled + 8h catch-up, a reasonable compromise I think).
noneater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed 52-hour fast for october 6-8.
Still 14 hours behind schedule.
Weight: 75.6 kg.
noneater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 55-hour fast, 2 hours more than scheduled (53 hours) for october 9-11.
Now only 14-2 = 12 hours behind schedule.
Weight: 75.3 kg.
noneater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 57-hour fast, 3 hours more than scheduled (54 hours) for october 12-14.
Now only 12 - 3 = 9 hours behind schedule.
Weight: 74.4 kg.
noneater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 55-hour fast, as scheduled for october 15th-17th.
Still 9 hours behind schedule.
Weight: 74.1 kg.
Emilie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you noneater for sharing your diary.
Do you feel that your body well adapts to fasting?
(energy, sleep, strengh,...)
noneater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emilie!

Yes, so far it has been quite easy. I'm actually beginning to love the feeling of fasting. I'm feeling lighter (and I don't mean just physically), more energetic. It feels like my body & mind are getting just a little bit cleaner / clearer every week. The reason it has been so easy I think is because I take this very slow, gradual approach, increasing the length of each consecutive fast by only 1 hour, and letting the body gradually adjust to the changes. I think the mistake a lot of people make when trying to become inediates is they try to rush it. They may have heard about the "21-day process" or even the "8-day process" and think "Great, I'll become a breatharian next week then!". Very Happy And then it turns out to be much, much harder than they had thought, and so they quit.

At only one occation have I felt really weak and tired, and that was when I was trying to add 29 hours to my scheduled fast to regain "lost" time. I had been forced to abort my preceding fast 29 hours early out of "social obligation", and then I tried to compensate too quickly. I think it's good to have a plan / schedule that allows for some short-term flexibility but which also has some kind of metrics (e.g. time / frequency of fasts, weight / quantity / type of food, or maybe calories) so you don't trick yourself into thinking you're making long-term progress when you're really just moving around in circles.

Another thing which I think has been beneficial in my case is celibacy. Around the same time that I became serious about going for inedia I also decided to pursue brahmacharya (sexual abstinence). I think it's very hard to quit food without also quitting sex & masturbation. And vice versa! Fasting has definitely had a calming effect on my libido. To my mind, these two "drugs" of sex and food are intimately tied together, and tied to the very fabric of this Matrix we live in.
noneater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 59-hour fast, 3 hours more than scheduled (56 hours) for october 18th-20th.
Now only 9 - 3 = 6 hours behind schedule.
Weight: 74.0 kg.

1. Thank God for being able to sleep away a few hours when not feeling 100 % tip top! Very Happy I imagine this process could be much harder for someone working full-time, being trapped all day in the Machine.

2. On breaking my fasts, I'm trying to eat slower and slower. Chewing longer, really savoring the taste. Spreading out a meal over a few hours. This is really more of a mental thing than physical. Trying to get past the hungry / grabbing / needy mentality (not only in regards to food), the mentality of "I need something out there to feel good".
noneater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 59-hour fast, 2 hours more than scheduled (57 hours) for october 21st-23rd.
Now only 6 - 2 = 4 hours behind schedule.
Weight: 73.5 kg.
Dry fasted (no water) for the first 24 hours of this fast.
From now on I will add 2 hours dry time per fast (and continue to add 1 hour to the total time) until I've reached 100% dry.
noneater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 58-hour fast, as scheduled for october 24th-26th.
Still 4 hours behind schedule.
Dry fasted first 26 hours, as scheduled.
Weight: 72.6 kg.

I'm still losing weight, though it's still "normal" according to BMI. The threshold to "underweight" is supposed to be somewhere around 67-68 kg for my height (191 cm).
noneater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 63-hour (scheduled was 59h) fast for for october 27th-29th, recouping the last 4 hours I was behind.

I'm back on track baby! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dry fasted (no water) during the first 28 hours of this fast.

Weight: 71.2 kg. Getting "ripped"! Wink

Feeling good! Very Happy
Emilie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I like your method, really gradual. It's a good thing for adapting at several levels (physical, social, emotional,...).

Thank you for letting us updated!
noneater

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 60-hour (30h dry + 30h water) fast, as scheduled for for oct 30th - nov 1st.

Weight: 70.7 kg.

Still feeling good. Smile
noneater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 51-hour fast (29h water + 22h dry) , quitting 10 hours early.
Scheduled for nov 2nd - 4th was 61h (29h water + 32h dry).

So now I'm 10 dry fasting hours behind schedule. I really have no excuses for this one; in a weak moment I decided to have some food that's all. But it's not a big deal, I will add 10 hours dry time to my next fast to get back on track again.

Weight: 70.7 kg.

Still feeling good! Smile
noneater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a 68-hour fast (44h dry + 24h water) for nov 5th - 7th.

Scheduled for this period was 62 hours (34h dry + 28h water). In addition, I was 10 dryfasting hours behind schedule since the last fast (see previous post).

Dryfast part:
Did my scheduled 34 hours plus regained the 10 lost hours (34+10=44), and am now on schedule again.

Waterfast part:
Did 24 of the scheduled 28 hours, and am now 4 hours behind schedule.

Weight:
70.1 kg (lost another 0.6 kg). Getting pretty skinny now, but still above the threshold to underweight according to BMI.

Still feeling good! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> My (fasting, dieting, eating, starving) Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: