Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

starting a sanitorium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Meetings, Centers, Locations, Links etc. related to this forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Awareness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: starting a sanitorium Reply with quote

wat i really mean by this word is a place where anyone can come and fast; hopefully for free or really cheap. I read this website breathairmusic.com that someone linked here and thought it was a cool idea and something very similar to what i've been hoping to create, so wanted to flesh it out a bit more.

i know it can be difficult to fast in your normal environment with a kitchen and friends / family , etc. and the few available fasting centers that come to my mind ( doug graham, tanglewood, and true north ) are all ridiculously expensive. i would like to provide a cheaper or free alternative that obviously won't have all of the perks they might offer , but will still be very comfortable and satisfactory.

this is just a rough brainstorm, and i'll be the first to admit bias towards hawaii since I am here : ) I would really like to hear anyones input who wants to share about :
Maybe most important question/issue is raising capital, and finding a community of people that might be willing to donate their time to serving and supervising fasters.

Choosing a suitable location based on: the ideal climate, reasonably priced land, and possibly based on land that is already owned by someone who is particularly amenable to this idea. Also, the people are paramount. If we have the perfect place but it's too far out of the way for anyone to access, it's obviously worthless...

And that brings up another really important issue : Would anyone actually come to a place for a long term fast when there is nobody very experienced to supervise them? Why not just fast on your own? Well, like I said earlier, it's a lot more difficult to fast on your own due to routine, family/friends, etc.

Would this place be "off the books" ? In terms of taxes, or liability insurance or "practicing medicine without a license" ? What if someone dies and or files a lawsuit?

What are the minimum requirements to open such a place, such as :
very good (rain) drinking water/ showers- sauna- place to do enema?/ place to sunbathe, sungaze/ not too many pests/insects / comfortable, clean, semi-private cabin or something/ separate place for meditation/ how important is climate/elevation/weather/ availability of fruit/young cocos?//
And maybe too detailed at this point- but- what kind of rules do you think it might be important to put in place? Like no loud music, or no bringing in food, or check your laptops/ cell phones at the door, or no talking to other fasters... etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Meetings, Centers, Locations, Links etc. related to this forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: