Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drinking seawater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Drinking seawater Reply with quote

I want to contribute or share something here that I feel might be of interest to people preparing for inedia, that I ve noticed seems to be completely unheard of in the English (and other languages) speaking world. I am so grateful to the inedia people having teaching me so interesting stuff, that I am eager to pay back a little bit. I am not fanatic and certainly dont care about converting anyone, just to make the information available to whom might need it, for example there is a beautiful reportage of a Japanese hermit living in an island, if he only knew he can feed on the water, his life would be so much easier.

The thing is that over here where I live, in Spain, there is a bunch of people gathered in a so-named Aquamaris Foundation, who claim and have been working for some time on the issue that seawater is not only drinkable, but actually highly beneficial for your health and very nutritious. I am not saying that there is a fad in Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries to drink seawater, but certainly a certain following has been created, I reckon we must be in the order of many hundreds people in Spain, then in Nicaragua there is heavy therapeutical use of seawater, drunk and not only, then in a Colombia, Venezuela and Argentina there are a number of drinkers. Amazingly for me, (I started before this), in 2013 and 2014 things seem to be moving forward and some supermarkets in Spain have bottled seawater in stock! Also a company destils carefully it for pharmacies and some Spanish sportmen use it to recover after training.

The ultimate origin of this knowledge is a French man, Quinton, who sometime in XIX c cured innumerable people with sea water, was covered with honors, then his work made forgotten by the system in a similar way to cancer cures, etc, you know what I mean, with occasion of the discovery of penicilin, which could be marketed (sea water was being used as an antibiotic, but is difficult to have significant revenue selling it).

Some Spanish researcher got back the information and some people started to look into it and drinking seawater

the three main individuals advocating this are all old men looking younger than they are and showing high spirits and intelligence; Angel Gracia, 83, drinking for decades, is particularly vociferous and you clearly see he will reach maybe 100 crying out that the pharma industry is stopping this knowledge because then people would be independent and healthy, so you can see this is an issue which will receive attention from people holding alternative views of reality, while it will tend to put off people on conventional or official, depending on authority, views of reality

The whole thing might sound like a crazy claim I know, but personally I would say it deserves looking into. I dont mean to cover the whole topic, just leaving a note in case someone feel drawn to the idea and can inquire more, then maybe I can translate some articles or videos, this way making this approach available more widely in the world and particularly for people interested in inedia.

So I will throw randomly a few ideas out there.

The idea is very simple: seawater is rich in nutrients, all the elements of the periodic table are there, including the most obscure ones, but the artificial ones of course, then plancton, aminoacids and other stuff. In addition, it possesses a number of properties that cure or help curing a great number of diseases. A particular enthusiast, Laura Something, a great girl, swears it saved her after doctors let her to die of multiple allergies, fibromialgia, dont know what in the lungs and what not, she was a wreck.

The notion that you cannot drink it because you dehydrate they dismiss due to their research and some scientific backing I still havent come round looking into,

to this effect, they where stranded in an island somewhere as if they would be cast-away sailors in a wreck, some stayed 4 days ingesting seawater only, some 7 days, to try to call attention of the scientific community that the information that you die at sea quickly is nonsense and that hundreds of lives each year could be saved around the world that normally die in shipwrecks, but to no avail.

It is true that normally though, adepts to this drink their water mixed with regular water in different available proportions and a sprinkle of lemon, also it is wonderful in soups, to do neti, clean the teeth and the bowels, as I comment later

we collect our water simply going to the sea shore in any clean place; it is very beautiful to collect your own free ocean alternative food; in the summer, when going to the beach as other people do and take a bath, we obviously drink just there, unless the water is too stirred and there are too many bathing people

I will comment that you get used to it very soon, because if drinking it just as it is, you dont attack it as water, but as a sort of very intense soup

The objection and preocupation of possible contaminants in the water they dismiss with a number of arguments: the immensity of the oceans, which people often dont fathom, the effect of the composition of water to inactivate anything harmful, and some other ideas
microbial life seems to be no problem, not sure why yet
Steve Torrence's idea that salt is harmful, as seen by irritation in an external mucosa to a pintch of salt was one of my doubts, however the silly fact that a Spanish tv channel that we can call satanic in terms of...you know, long story, (I've seen a recording since of course I dont watch tv), tried to ridicule and scare people out of it, it reminded me of my old interest, and since I always do the contrary of what the "system" tries me to do, went to the shore to collect again

Now, why I believe it can be of interest to prospective inediants

the cast-aways of the experiments and regular drinkers report, and I agree, that for some reason hunger decreases

a bit time back I was at the shore, for days I only drank sea water and ate occasional fruit I found, and I felt tremendous energy, I would walk 40 km with a heavy bag in my back

a lot of people report this feeling of energy inside, like your cells are rejoicing because they are receiving a fluid which is just like their internal fluid, plus a lot of things they need; if they dont need it, no problem because is "bioavailable", comes out

Today, I only drank a glass of seawater, later ate some peaches, it is now almost 9 o'clock in the late evening and I swear I am not hungry at all, I feel "full"; I am not in ketosis/fasting, and I am not in inedia I think; it has happened for some time now, is kind of I can eat or not, like it doesnt really matter, although if I eat I feel in worse mood, I dont think is due to sungazing, weather here is preventing me from any consistent sungazing practice, but I admit could be contributing.

"Hunger is cellular, and with seawater we can control hunger" (Angel Gracia)

So this is one thing.

The another thing you know, and Joachim covered the topic in his book, it helps so much entering ketosis in fasting if you clean your bowels previously, a couple of days before.

All my life since I was a yoga practicing teen, I practiced the exercise called Shank Prakshalana, in which you drink warm salted water, pass it to the bowels thanks to certain movements, then alternate drinking more and going to the bathroom; later you have to take some rice with butter

This is the thing: you drink a little too much seawater relating to your current tolerance, and you get a light but consistent version of Shank Prakshalana without all the tiring heating, cooking, preserving your anus of itching, cleaning, movements and what not: I tell you it takes a whole morning to do the exercice and rest a little bit in bed. Obviously you have to hydrate yourself well after that. So I believe seawater can help prospective inediants in the bowel preparation side of things.

Lastly, there is some poetry to it. There is an idea these people told, that stayed with me, so beautiful it is: through millenia, all the rivers, coasts, plants and animals of the world have contributed to that big soup the planet offers, which is identical in all corners of the world; drinking it you enter in communion with the whole planet and its history.

So tell me what you think and I will try to remember to come around to answer the occasional question. If you can read Spanish, the basic link is

www.aquamaris.org

EDIT: actually, I've just found a nice interview on the shipwrecks experiments with English subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzawxI6ZsIg#t=365

Last edited by tomasblanco on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 7 times in total
Lianna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interessting stuff.

I remember about drinking himalaya salt water for cleaning the body...

And diarrhoe is only a sign for detox...

And most people are afraid of this, because they think, they are ill, and take everything to prevent diarrhoe... but itīs only a detox...

And most people have a bad past of eating non healthy stuff...

What a crazy world... Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Edith: I searched the internet about "drinking seawater" and found this: http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/ueberleben-auf-dem-meer-durst-loeschen-mit-salzwasser-a-399702.html

There is written, that the problem would be, that the human body canīt filter out the seasalt enough over the kidneys, so it takes water from the cells to thining the seawater, which leads to die of thirst.

The french army shall had found out, that the longest time by drinking seawater would be around 6 days...

Question Exclamation
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lianna!

About the Himalaya salt, I seem to remember these people saying that the elements you get from seawater are at least equal, probably superior, to it, plus it is free and unexhaustible, I dont know.

About the kidneys filtration capacity, in the case of a castaway again I suppose it is a question of going by small doses. I will try to keep in mind in case some day I come round reading the books of these people with their own scientific evidence. Angel Gracia says it is in some strange way diuretic, but still dont know what evidence he has.

In the case of drinking daily a bit as part of your diet, by now I can tell you that not a single case of any kind of problem has been heard among the many hundreds of us who are drinking seawater, but normally we drink at small doses, rarely more than a glass, I guess the kidneys can deal with that effortlessly. The exception is Angel Gracia with an amazing 1,5 l a day sometimes, and for decades, and indeed he appears to be very healthy with a razor sharp brain at 83.

In fact, it is strange, because the impression I get is my kidneys seem to pace up elimitating toxins. Some days I ve been very surprised to wake up, have a slash of dark urine (for my standards), then I think back what I ate the previous day and it was ridiculous, some fruit and a salad, it doesnt justify that kind of elimination, and I put it down to the seawater. I dont think is dehydration, too previously, plenty of liquids ingested in between and plenty of clear urinating before. BUT THIS IS JUST AN IMPRESSION, a lot of people would say is the poison in the water coming out Smile. I am open as soon I really feel there is something wrong to stop it, and I am not free from several qualms, for example today I learnt of some research on microscopical plastic in oceans (apparently bacteria and fish are breaking down contaminating bags), but then I suppose people eating processed foods get plenty of plastic particles.

Anyways Smile

Last edited by tomasblanco on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lianna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasblanco wrote:
(Der Spiegel is...I hope I dont have to explain to you, not know where are you in terms of awareness).

I know that Der Spiegel is an mainstream press organ.

Quote:
In the case of drinking daily a bit as part of your diet, by now I can tell you that not a single case of any kind of problem has been heard among the many hundreds of us who are drinking seawater, but normally we drink at small doses, rarely more than a glass, I guess the kidneys can deal with that effortlessly. The exception is Angel Gracia with an amazing 1,5 l a day sometimes, and for decades, and indeed he appears to be very healthy with a razor sharp brain at 83.

hm...

Do you mean, only drinking seawater, without any other water drinking?

(btw fresh, raw food contains also water, especially fruits, which might thining out the seawater)

I guess, drinking only seawater without eating food could be as dangerrous after some days, as described in "Der Spiegel"...

But, drinking it, while also eating some fruits or so, or drinking not all the time only seawater, isnīt dangerous...

Quote:

In fact, it is strange, because the impression I get is my kidneys seem to pace up elimitating toxins. Some days I ve been very surprised to wake up, have a slash of very dark urine, then I think back what I ate the previous day and it was ridiculous, some fruit and a salad, it doesnt justify that kind of elimination, and I put it down to the seawater. I dont think is dehydration, too previously, plenty of liquids ingested in between and plenty of clear urinating before. BUT THIS IS JUST AN IMPRESSION, a lot of people would say is the poison in the water coming out Smile.

I would say, if you urin is only one day dark, and if you donīt have other signs of dehydration, then itīs only a detox sign.

Good luck, and please share your ongoing experience, if you like!
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lianna"]Do you mean, only drinking seawater, without any other water drinking?
(btw fresh, raw food contains also water, especially fruits, which might thining out the seawater)
I guess, drinking only seawater without eating food could be as dangerrous after some days, as described in "Der Spiegel"...
But, drinking it, while also eating some fruits or so, or drinking not all the time only seawater, isnīt dangerous...
[quote]

Correct, I agree. We must differentiate the castaway story, which is only a curiosity, that could also be relevant in an emergency situation, and the use as a nutritional supplement daily, when of course you drink regular water, also in fruits, normally.

In spite of everything, though, I still believe the other real castaway that appeared on tv saying he survived 14 days drinking seawater. I dont see how he would lie about such a thing. It means he must ve get hydration. Normal untrained or toxic people dont resist 14 days dry fasting or worst, dehydrating fasting.

Drinking only seawater voluntarily "at land" Smile would be a weird thing to do, like "seawater fasting" Smile In fact, I wonder if these people entered ketosis, with white tongue, I suppose they did, maybe I contact them to ask. If they didn't, that would be interesting, like the body perceives seawater as food, not water.

Now that I think about it, if they did, that means that seawater dont interfere with fasting, then maybe would be interesting to fast with what they call the "isotonic" version of it, which is what people normally drink, it means you mix it with fresh water at 1 to 3 parts, or 2 to 5 some people say, to make it of the same density than our blood and the inner medium or whatever the name, then maybe you would have the benefits of fasting while you get minerals and elimination via colon is easier? Dont really know what I am talking about.

>>I would say, if you urin is only one day dark, and if you donīt have other signs of dehydration, then itīs only a detox sign.

Hopefully, thank you, and I agree. It was not big deal anyway. You know I am not terribly interested about this topic. For me it is intriguing more than anything else.

Last edited by tomasblanco on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Lianna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Correct, I agree. We must differentiate the castaway story, which is only a curiosity, that could also be relevant in an emergency situation, and the use as a nutritional supplement daily, when of course you drink regular water, also in fruits, normally.

Ah, ok.

Quote:
it means you mix it with fresh water at 1 to 3 parts, or 2 to 5 some people say, to make it of the same density than our blood and the inner medium or whatever the name

I guess, this is no problem, because, if the salt level in the water your then drinking is the same, than in your cell water, then your body donīt have to thin it with cell water, which would lead to dehydration.

Quote:
, then maybe you would have the benefits of fasting while you get minerals and elimination via colon is easier? Dont really know what I am talking about.

While fasting, the body set all the s### stuff free, which produces acid, which needs minerals to deal with it.
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lianna wrote:
I guess, this is no problem, because, if the salt level in the water your then drinking is the same, than in your cell water, then your body donīt have to thin it with cell water, which would lead to dehydration.

Correct and agreed. We are talking osmosis here.
By the way, is the reason Gracia gives for microbial life of terrestrial origin to be unable to survive at sea, and why you can drink unworried: they dehidrate like cod in salt: water come out to try to balance the other density outside, and where there is no water, there is no life. If wrong someone argue with it, I am not the one for the job: I was not figuring microbes or whatever having water inside Smile my knowledge of microbiology approaches zero Smile I am from the humanities

Lianna wrote:
While fasting, the body set all the s### stuff free, which produces acid, which needs minerals to deal with it.

hmm well, then maybe is a good idea! I was not meaning to find an improvement of the ordinary water fasting technique!

I've just e-mailed Aquamaris Foundation, let's see what they have to say, will post it when i come round it.
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received a very nice reply by the friendly Mariano Arnal, the same guy talking in the video above, vicepresident of Aquamaris Foundation, on the issue of whether you enter ketosis or not while drinking only seawater, and whether fasting with isotonic seawater would be a good idea

my own translation, leaving out some linguistic points he makes -he used to be a classical languages professor Smile -

Dear Mr. x,

it seems providential that you contact me (...)

of course there is the phenomenon of ketosis when one drinks only seawater; since we dont ingest any carbohydrates, we must burn stored fat, therefore ketosis is brought about; it is certainly something to pay attention to when one fasts (...)

but out of a sea context, when only hypertonic seawater is available
(NOTE: by "hypertonic" he means just as it is), the most reasonable thing to do is to drink the isotonic version of seawater, i.e. 1 part of seawater, 3 of fresh water, because that is the same salinity our body has

after publishing the book on our castaway experiment, I've come to consider essential to move on completely to isotonic water, and indeed is now almost a month that I've been drinking it (I spent 10 years drinking hypertonic seawater for a simple question of saving the trouble of preparations)

I drink daily aproximately one and a half liters (that means 375cc of seawater). It is a completely different experience. Every time I take a gulp, I feel I am taking a cup of broth, and I feel great.

(NOTE: interestingly and amusingly, he uses a fixed Spanish expression which litterally would translate : "I feel the sea of good", is a fixed expression meaning that you feel physically very well; collective unconscios telling something?)

Since a long time ago, I only have 2 meals a day, a light breakfast at 8 morning, and a more substantial dinner between 10 and 11 night. I ignore what hunger or feeling off-colours is, but I am not in ketosis as when drinking the hypertonic version.

(NOTE, interesting that he touch on the issue of hunger, as I didnt mention it per se in my opening message; however, I think he is making a mistake having dinner so late at night, well maybe he sleeps little and there's still 2 or 3 hours before he goes to bed; but anyway it is impressive that he spends 14 hours without eating everyday after a light breakfast; he is implying it is the seawater that gives him that, and I agree, my feeling too).

All this question interests me greatly, and indeed I am looking forward to organize prolongued fasts during which solely isotonic water will be drunk. I am under the impression that it must be a special thing, that will bring us positive surprises. Therefore, it is great that you too are thinking of experimenting with this sort of fasting!

For your information, I let you know that next spring we are set up to carry out another castaway experiment, this time with much bigger technical resources involved. It will probably be done under the Nautical School of the Catalonia Politechnic University, so that the experiment will take on a multidisciplinar character, and the results will be properly published by this university.

Talking of which, would be interesting to know where you people are located in order to explore the possibility of some sort of coordination in our experimentation.

Yours,
Mariano Arnal

NOTE: oops, in my opening message I introduced myself simply as a seawater drinker who also makes part of a group of people who explore radical forms of fasting (I didnt want to mention inedia), I was thinking in the bunch of people in the world who are inediants or interested in becoming one, and just closed saying maybe we should experiment ourselves with the isotonic water fasting! but was not meaning a group of researchers. Certainly it is not a cohesive group of people who could report something solidly to be taken seriously by a research team connected to a university. Also, I prefer to keep the issue of inedia underground or in the minuscule real-alternative information world. I've seen Gracia been called in Spanish tv the equivalent to "barking lunatic", only because of drinking seawater, so go figure.

However, since he has been so kind, I definitely plan to fast a bit that way and will reply to him with my impressions. You know, I am not a doctor or physiologist, and I havent studied the process of fasting inside out, physiologically. Dont want to bother people with impressions of a mere practionioner.

My doubts came from the components of seawater including aminoacids, plancton... I loved it when I read in Joachim's book that any single bit of anything which is not pure water you take you are risking it takes you out of detox mode into emaciation mode, and that lots of people make the mistake of drinking overly excessive amounts of water, with sprinkles of lemon and this or that, because that is my impression too.

Anyway, anyone volunteering for diluted seawater fasting? Smile
Lianna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, drinking seawater charges you up with electrical energy, which is the force of life. Same with lemon juice. Itīs like the electrolyt in a batterie.
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you say that, Lianna, because the same thought had crossed my mind and I speculated that that could be behind my increased tinnitus problem lately, although it could be not my starting drinking seawater again, but the implementation of 4G tv. My basic idea being that with greater conductivity inside me, my biolectrical (arguably astral or etheric) body is more sensitive to the aggresive electromagnetic radiation impacting it.

Last edited by tomasblanco on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let know interested readers that I did 3 days fasting with isotonic water, with the result that I dismiss the idea; I've switched to regular water now and am in the 5th day. I dont think it is an interesting idea anymore, because:
- there are doubts on hydration, which people like Loren Lockman pay so much attention to; I have no means to measure hydration, but I did had some need to drink normal water, my instinct was telling me to abandon isotonic water
- I really dont like isotonic water, you really need to put a sprinkle of lemon, then improves a lot, I hear it tastes like Gatorade, but then we have two substances with possible interference with fasting
- I lost 870 grs a day, which is unusual for someone as thin as me, the previous time I fasted was around 500 gr

however it is to be noted that it did felt like an ordinary fasting: yucky tongue, etc;

so overall it is the end of it for me, as much as Arnal keeps e-mailing me wanting me as an experimentation subject

in the future, I will keep using seawater only hypertonic, as the occasional gulp you fancy, by instinct, and to drop a sprinkle in a soup or salad, which take a pleasing taste to ocean.

Thank you for your interest.
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Plastic particles/ Documentary "Inside the Garbage of t Reply with quote

A few months after, I wanted to leave a note that, after the appearance of the excellent documentary

INSIDE THE GARBAGE OF THE WORLD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoGdrkt9EY

about plastic in the ocean, and the surprising ramifications of it

my concern that I had already expressed about plastic particles has increased to the point that I am planning to contact some of the people speaking in the documentary for a qualified opinion of this drinking seawater idea, as the debate in Spain between supporters and detractors keeps raging

I am gonna target Anna Cummins from 5 Gyres Institute first, because she must know whether the damn particles are absolutely everywhere or only in and around the "gyres"; if unable or silent then Dr Andrea Neal; then probablly will express concern to AquamarisFoundation to see what comes from that end. Drinkers must be now entering the thousand/s count, so it is not only a question of intellectual curiosity

Also I feel the documentary is relevant for the topic of inedia as well, because seems like evidence is mounting that:

THERE IS NO SAFE FOOD ANYMORE. PERIOD. Inedia can be a personal answer to the situation.

I'll keep my tiny quiet but lovable readership posted Smile
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there was no answer from Anna Cumies and the best to ask, a Mark Browne from California-Santa Barbara university, no way for me find his E-mail when I tried; what I find interesting in him is that he seems to suggest the particles can keep getting smaller and smaller until maybe nano kind of size?! ...and that rings a bell for anyone concerned for the nano-violence, let's call it that way...

In Aquamaris they told me they passed the question to their biologist, but hinted the amount of particles per unit you drink must be negligible.

Anyway, I discontinued or greatle reduced the seawater I drink until this question is cleared in my mind.

Any possible reader that may help is much welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: