Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error After Posting:GeneralErrorCouldNotInsertNewWordMatches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Technical, Suggestions, Restrictions, Spam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlwaysAnyWayFree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Error After Posting:GeneralErrorCouldNotInsertNewWordMatches Reply with quote

So this following error appeared for me after trying to put up a topic the other day.

Quote:
General Error
Could not insert new word matches
DEBUG MODE
Line 251
File functions search.php

I kept trying to repost and verify if my post was actually going through at all, refreshing the thread list a few times, but nada.. thought maybe it had to do with my post length or time of day or some random bug in the system that needed to be patched, but i looked it up on google and found that it is a common issue across various forums.

the problem is that, for whatever reason, the forums programming sometimes does not recognize or play well with certain punctuations, marks, special keyboard characters and symbols, and even if there is just one apostrophe' [common culprit], it may error out your entire message. too many html tags within eachother and all over the place can be too complicated for the system as well and may result in this error.

The solution, if you are having this problem, is to simplify your post down to mostly letters, numbers, commas, and periods. Remove all apostrophes, quotation marks, and other special characters and symbols. You can copy and paste your text onto Notepad or Microsoft Office to use the 'Find' and 'Replace' functions to quickly remove the problematic symbols, then copy and paste back onto the forum page in your internet browser.

Dashes - - and brackets ][][ and exclamations !!! and question marks ??? seem to work ok in my experience, as i have been using a lot of them. im not sure about parentheses as i dont use them since brackets ][][ are easier to reach and press, but if you still experience an error and can do without all these symbols in your post, then go ahead and remove them.

Try editing your post in various ways and see what works for you.

After going through a couple pages of Google search results, these links are where i found the most helpful advice:
http://www.hummernetworkforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=372453
http://www.hummernetworkforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=395489&sid=bd27d3640ec4868a1d70057aba9888bc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Technical, Suggestions, Restrictions, Spam All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: