Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long fasting diary
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Long fasting diary Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and have started my water fast today, thought I'd keep a diary here to share my experience and keep a note for myself at the same time.

I have fasted a few times in the past, the most recent experience was not very pleasant due to the fact that it was autumn and I couldn't leave my hot water bottle/fire place or I feel like I'll freeze. This time, I've decided to fast in a much warmer country, hoping it wouldn't make me feel as awful.

So why have I decided to start a long fast (My goal is 40-49 days)? When I read "Lifestyle Without Food", I was intrigued by the idea of not eating and being able to nourish the body with other energy sources, then I thought to myself, why not give it a try? But to be able to become a breatharian, one should have a healthy body (without illnesses), thus using fasting as the simple and natural way to self-heal. The first time I fasted was an experiment to see if I can easily complete a fast with a healthy mind-set. I did, it wasn't a very long fast though due to many social reasons. This time I'm on a semi-holiday in a warm country, I thought it may just be the best time to do a long fast without worrying people around me.

Here's my day 1 entry.
Had my last meal before the fast at 7pm May 10th 2015. Woke up this morning at around 6am as usual, still feel a slight pounding headache due to the fever, hoping with more rest and fasting, it'll go away soon. Before I left the bed, I was giving myself a pep talk, confirming that I'm starting the fast today, though it might not be the easiest journey, but I hope the body will cooperate and help me go pass the hardest stages. Started working at 10:15am, doing all the usual work just like any other day, I hope tomorrow won't be too different.
Mood: So far I feel like it's the same as any other busy work day where I can't find time to eat.
Physical: Again I haven't felt any changes yet as my body is probably still trying to process my dinner from last night, do hear a few growling noises from the tummy, but it goes away if I ignore it. I'm thinking whether I should go to yoga tonight as I had a bit of fever over the weekend and still feel a bit weird...
Side note: I've taken enemas last night (will take it for 3 days), incase I can't do the colon cleanse properly.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Day 2 Reply with quote

This morning I was almost late for Tai-chi, I normally get up around 6 ish and go to bed at 10-11pm. Today I felt like I wanted to sleep in a bit more, so I snoozed my alarm for 50mins...I wonder if this is a sign that my body has started the detox? I checked my tongue in the mirror, can already start to see some paleness, I hope this time the white layer won't last as long. Am I hungry? To be honest, I feel like this time it's much easier mentally, I don't crave food as much thanks to my last fast. I remember the last time I fasted, on my second day I wanted to eat kiwifruit so badly, also when I looked at the clouds, all I could think of was candy floss...that's how hungry I was. I think having a shorter period of fasting experience really helps you get into the longer fasts easier. For me, the hardest part to overcome hunger was on the second to forth day, and the weakest I felt was forth to sixth. I hope this time with meditation and yoga, Tai-chi practice, I won't be as weak or feel that my muscles are wasting away.

Mood: Just like any other day, there isn't any emotions that's particularly heightened, which is good! I want to stay away from mood swings.
Physical: I felt a bit dizzy when I was doing some of the Tai-chi poses (like head bending down to the knee while standing straight and slowly coming back up), also climbing stairs isn't as easy now, I usually climb 6 flight of stairs to my office, but today after only climbing 3 flight of stairs to my room at home, I decided I'll take the lift...will be doing yoga tonight, I'll see how that goes.
Side note: Enema is working perfectly fine, will try the colon flush tomorrow perhaps.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject: Day 3 Reply with quote

I had a bad dream and didn't sleep well last night, when I woke up in the morning, I was very exhausted so I decided to skip Tai-chi since I'm going to yoga in the afternoon anyway. Today I started to feel a decrease in strength and energy, I felt weak and climbing stairs were harder than before, it's as if my thigh muscles are slowly wasting away...I know due to my post experience in fasting, this is a normal state, it'll probably last for a few more days and my energy will come back to me. My mentor has suggested that I do more meditation and breathing exercises to gain energy, which I'll try tonight.
It's weird how I haven't really felt hunger or the huge urge of wanting food, one big reason is probably because the country I'm in right now is really hot and I tend to eat much less in weather like this. I guess that's a bonus for me, since being hungry is one of the hardest part to overcome in my last fast, but this time, it's the feeling of fatigue and weakness that I have to fight off.

Mood I feel lazy and find it harder to concentrate on work, maybe I need to take a day off tomorrow.
Physical Wobbly legs and loss of strength, not sure how I'm going to survive my yoga class this afternoon...
Side note Last day of taking my enema, will ask my mentor if I should take more or start doing colon cleanse.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Day 4 Reply with quote

Oh dear, I think I've come to my weakest stage! I was in bed all morning reading and falling asleep then meditating a bit then falling asleep...I went to bed relatively early last night (10pm) wonder why I'm still tired. My yoga session yesterday wasn't too bad, although sometimes feeling a bit lightheaded, otherwise I managed to finish the session and felt really good afterwards. My mentor was teaching me about meditation and sending good positive energy to the whole body and people around me, that's a good practice I'm going to do every night before I go to bed and first thing in the morning! Another weird thing I noticed is that, I tend to feel less weak at night? I'm not sure why that is, it happened last time too, maybe I just have to force myself to get up and do things, then I'll feel better? My body should be in the ketosis state by now, hopefully I'll start gaining more energy and strength back on day 6 or 7.

Mood: Again no ups or down, I feel quite relaxed most of the time, hunger does hit me sometimes, but it goes away in a few minutes. As long as I don't start torturing myself by reading recipes, I'm all good:P
Physical: Strength is fading away, even climbing down the stairs has become harder...all I want to do is sit in one spot and not move.
Side note I'm loosing weight a bit faster than last time, is it because I'm doing more exercise (last time I was sitting at home reading most of the time)? I hope the weight loss slows down, or at least when it gets to the equilibrium state, it stops loosing weight.
Philos

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with your fast.

even if you "fail", terminate the fast prematurely and binge
out on garbage, please don't drop off, never to be heard again
like all the other bozos before you, that posted diaries on this forum.

thanks!
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Philos for your comment:)
Don't worry I'm very determined and have strong faith in myself. Even if my true hunger calls before the date I set for myself (I hope it won't!) , and that I have to end the fast, I'll try again in the future. It's still quite a while to go, but I'm already starting to feel really good about it:D
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Day 5 Reply with quote

Wow, today my whole body feels so different to yesterday! I still remember the feelings of being sluggish, weak and feeling like a marshmallow that just wants to melt away into the clouds. Today I woke up and when I walked down the stairs, I noticed that my legs aren't wobbly anymore! I went to yoga in the morning and didn't feel like I needed to work very hard to hold myself steady, even though it was the same yoga poses from a few days ago. After the session I felt even more energized and ready to work! But before going to work, I decided to bake banana cake for my work mates. I know, it's a bit of self-torture...but to be honest, when I was baking the cake I was amazed how I'm not tempted by it, well I almost licked the spoon that was covered in honey, but that was because I've always done it in the past so it became an automatic response:P I even baked biscuits afterwards...I guess since I'm not going to eat, might as well use up the ingredients and hope that others enjoy it!

Mood: Feeling wonderful and happy! It's so good to be free from food, I love the feeling of not craving! In the past, if I'm hungry and I don't get fed? I get hangry (hungry + angry)...hope this happy feeling stays longer:)
Physical: Back to normal again! I don't puff just from climbing 3 flight of stairs anymore, back to being able to climb 6 flight of stairs and still feel normal! I think my body is adapting much faster this time (last fast I only felt like this on my 7th day)!
Side note: Going away for a weekend trip tomorrow yay! Hope that my friends won't feel too awkward that I'm watching them eat...
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Day 6 & 7 Reply with quote

Went away for two days and didn't have a computer to update my diary...
The last two days I went on a small trip to visit my friend, was so tired on sat after walking 10+ hours! But was very surprised on my energy level as well! I didn't think I could walk that long or go out that long because I'm on a fast, but seems like my body has adapted really well and is working perfectly fine:D But I was so exhausted at the end of the day, I didn't really recover even after a long sleep.

On day 7 we went to do more site seeing (more walking), but I was walking super slowly because I'm still recovering from the day before. The hardest part about this trip was that I had to watched my friends eat yummy Asian food...and it's quite hard not to notice the smell because Asian food normally contain quite a lot of spices! My tummy was growling a bit when they were having local food in the car, no way to escape...

I'm very glad to have supportive friends who can understand that I'm fasting right now, without being judgemental but knowing that all they needed to do is be there for me:) I think that really helps with my fast.

Mood: Very happy to be spending time with friends and sight-seeing.
Physical: Was full of energy when I visited my friends, but after two days of walking, I think I really used up my energy...apart from that I feel quite normal!
Side note: I noticed a change in my tongue again, the white coat is forming, think it's a process of detox?
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Day 8 Reply with quote

I slept in today, still feeling a bit tired from the weekend trip. My mentor said that I shouldn't have gone away and did so much walking while I'm on a fast, I think he's right:S Even though I don't feel too bad in general, but maybe I should take it easy...Did yoga in the afternoon, was pretty good, afterwards I feel that I've gained a bit of energy back. Today I've been thinking, I know I have the potential of becoming a breatharian, but I feel like maybe it'll happen faster than I think. I know it's probably a bit early to say this because I've only been on a few short fasts and I'm only on day 8 right now, but I think if I keep feeling like the way I feel now (feeling happy, energized, positive, not too hungry), I can really become one. Maybe I won't feel the same after a few weeks, but this is how I feel now, and I really hope this feeling continues. I know with strong will-power, with wisdom, I can achieve anything, at the same time I still need to listen to my body, even if my mind is ready, my body may not be. I shall see...

Mood: Today I feel normal, no ups or downs again, just like every other day.
Physical: Slightly tired in the morning, but after yoga in the afternoon, I felt much better.
Side note: My tummy still growls from time to time...and the white coat on my tongue is thicker, mentor says that it will clear up after a while...
RBE

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wistfuldreams
Thanks for posting! Are you drinking water throughout the day?
I made a lot of posts here but stopped posting because I didn't get any replies. But would like to tell you that I did a 17 days dry fast at a friend's cabin. I was feeling really serene, not thinking, not doing anything really, but did do a lot of walking around etc.
Anyway, my friend came and got me because he was afraid I was going to "die." I actually was very tiny but I felt totally fine and actually looked fine. I was not bony. But he was concerned so I did take some water and fruit and it did not feel good but I dealt with it. So now I've spent the last couple months trying to be somewhat normal again. Introducing a balanced diet etc. But the problem is my stomach shrank so much and I think my muscle and bone mass got so much smaller that I have been feeling strange. Somedays I am happy and have a bouncy personality, and others I just can't have any motivation to do anything or talk etc. And my body now feels unnatural to take food and drink but I have been trying to train it to think otherwise...
I feel like once you go down this road, you can't go back, because I've been trying. But my joy is much much higher when I"m not taking food or water. So I am planning to get back to that state but trying to find the privacy to do so.
Congrats on your journey!
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RBE, thanks for your comment:D Yeh, not a lot of people leave comments on this forum but it's ok, I thought I'd just use it to note down my journey, and it'll be fun reading it afterwards (I also have a written journal too but it's in Mandarin).

Yes I'm doing a water fast, not sure if I'm ready for a dry fast. I'm a bit worried that I'll be very dehydrated and start hallucinating because of the weather (it's 30+ degree celsius in the country where I'm staying in right now...). I might try it later on though, when I feel more confident after this fast. Did you go straight into the dry fast? Or did you start out with a week of water fast? I cannot imagine what that feels like, you must go through a lot of pain from the symptoms of being dehydrated before the serene state! But good on you! Are you planning to do another one soon?

I know what you mean by all the muscle wasting etc. I was like that last time with my fast, that's why this time I've decided to stick to yoga, hoping to preserve some of those muscles...last time I only walked as well, and my muscle wasted away...legs became so skinny at one point I thought it'll snap...but don't worry, these can all be built back, it'll just take some time.

I also like the feeling of drinking water only, umm maybe not so much when my friends are all eating yummy food in front of me lol. I'm not sure how I'll feel after another month, I think nowadays it's still a bit hard to social with people without coffee, tea or lunch/dinner, so I might need to go back to the "normal" life after my holiday. But hey, I'm only in my 20's and I have plenty of time to slowly achieve my goal!

Have you thought about just eating fruit and veggies or anything that's easy to digest? Maybe that'll make you feel better? I'm usually quite a happy person but yes I have felt that without food I'm happier and have more patience?
JMW

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: people read Reply with quote

Dear Life Creators
Please, do not worry that people do not comment. Forum statistics show that only about 1% of those who read the forum will write a post. So, what you write is read by many people. The information which you share are valuable for many people.
Thank you.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Day 9 Reply with quote

Phew, another busy day went by and I'm still feeling good! Sometimes I wonder when I'm on a long fast, if I should retreat and stay home or somewhere alone for a while? To concentrate on my fast, but then I feel that I don't feel too different or much weaker than usual that's why I'm continuing my work (I work in the office so I guess that's not too tiring).
Today I suddenly have this urge of wanting to bake, so I was looking through recipes (self-torture again), and decided to bake some bread for my dad. I know it's not the healthiest thing to do while I'm on a fast, and I know I've always had a bad relationship with food (I tend to binge a bit when I'm bored), so I guess this is another one of those moments where I just want to binge but instead of feeding myself, feeding other people can give me the same satisfaction...this must be a mental issue right? I don't always have to eat what I make, it's more that seeing people eat and watching how they enjoy it, makes me happy too. Guess it's just another weird habit of mine that I need to work on...
Yay, yoga session again tonight, I've been looking forward to my yoga sessions everyday, because I've noticed how every time after the session, my energy has been boosted and I feel great! Tummy has been growling a bit more today, think it's due to the recipe-reading:P I'm thinking if I can finish my scheduled work earlier, I'll retreat and stay home for a few days and just meditate/rest.

Mood: Happy happy happy, it's so easy to be happy these days, like I'm high or something...
Physical: Trying to do more yoga to stop muscle wasting too fast...I still have the energy to walk multiple flight of stairs so I guess my body is doing alright.
Side note: I was going to perm my hair today...but mentor said that I should focus on fasting and not do things that'll distract me, guess I'll leave that till later:S
RBE

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's awesome!!! During my first fast I was cooking a lot for everyone....family and someone that was paying me to make food for them. For some reason, I still liked to make food but not eat it.
YES it is beneficial to be in solitude during a fast. You realize a lot more without distractions.. Your mind will empty without continuing to add new things.
Okay I will try lifting weights and see if that helps my muscle tone. I Hope it does. I have just been walking and bicycling.
Food is not the same after a long fast, that is for sure. I went into a new level of consciousness during fasting and I think that I irreversible. Smile
BEst of luck to you!!
And yes, dryfasting for 17 days. I rarely drink water now....
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RBE, you must be a very good cook if they're paying you to cook for them:P! The only time when I feel that my mind is empty is when I meditate, that's why I try to do a few of those sessions every day when I'm free or after work before bed etc.
Yeh don't worry, muscles will come back because they're very trainable, maybe not as bulky but definitely increases the durability and will be toned. You can also try yoga, it's actually much harder than what people think! It's good that you see food in a different way after the fast, because that's also one of my focuses, I don't want to feel tied up by food, I want to choose the food that my body needs. After my last fast my appetite became quite small and body was clean, so I tend to eat boiled veggies and just blend some fruit juice and that's it! Anything that's been added with too much flavour just makes me want to stop eating...and it's good that I grow my own veggies in the garden anyway...

Thanks anyway, hope you can find a balance in the non-fasting state:)
Oh and watch out about the not drinking too much water when you're eating, because while you're eating, you need water to dilute and help pass out the toxins, and sometimes if you drink too little, it'll cause problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: