Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long fasting diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Day 10 Reply with quote

I'm starting to loose track of the days, couldn't remember exactly how many days I've been fasting until I went back and looked at my previous diary entries...I guess it's good that I'm not counting down to when I get to eat again, this will eventually become part of me and the fasting state will become the norm.

I had a coffee date with my friend today, she was so shocked to find out that I haven't been eating for 10 days, and even more shocked when she found out people can live without food! She said I looked perfectly normal, she wouldn't have guessed if I didn't tell her that I'm fasting. I smiled and told her a little bit about it, also the benefits of fasting, she understood but obviously this wasn't something that she's willing to try herself. If the people around me can understand a little bit about what I'm doing and they're supportive of it, it's enough for me:)

Last time when I did my 10-day-fast, I remember on the last day I was debating whether or not to stop because I felt like I've finally gone pass the most agonising part of the fast, if I ever want to do another one, I'll have to go through the process again! But I had to anyway because I was going to fly away soon and I wasn't sure how my body will react when I'm on the plane. This time, I can finally see what will happen after the 10th day, would the situation stay the same? It'll be new to me too! How exciting:P

Mood: Again normal, I'm starting to feel maybe I can stop writing down my mood since I don't feel very different or have mood swings...
Physical: Body still working fine, no weaknesses, haven't felt light-headed in days now (unless I deliberately squat down and stand up very quickly), I always make sure I don't jump out of the bed too fast, but to slowly move my body to the right and sit up then stand.
Side note: I was concerned that I might turn into anorexia, but after my tummy start growling at the smell of food, I know I'm still normal:P
RBE

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad your fast is going so well!

I wonder why it is that some people are drawn to fasting and others aren't??

Not much is tasting good, or worth eating in my opinion, besides dark chocolate with almonds, and Thai food (curries)
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's probably because most people have fears, and they believe if they fast for that long, they'll die or become malnutrition. These info are given to us since we're a child, also families will get worried etc. so I guess that's why not a lot of people are willing to fast.

Haha, love dark chocolate and Thai food! Mmm, I can almost smell green curry...
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Day 11 Reply with quote

I've noticed that my weight loss has slowed down a bit, only lost 0.6kgs in two days, I've been loosing about 0.5kgs per day before this. It's good that I'm not loosing weight too rapidly now, I was worried that I'll turn into a stick! My BMI right now is 19.8 and that's a good number, I don't really want to go below 18.5 which indicates that I'm underweight, so before becoming underweight, I still have 4kgs that I can afford to loose:P Also measured my blood pressure and heart rate this morning, blood pressure is 83/63, not too hypotensive, and because my symptoms aren't severe (only slight lightheadedness sometimes if I get out of the bed too quickly) so I'll just monitor it, should be fine. Heart rate is much faster than usual - 83 beats/min, although I'm not tachycardic, but that's already very high for me which makes me feel a bit unease (I usually have a heart rate of 50-60 beats/min). My mentor told me that I may be a bit dehydrated, so I should sip water slowly. It's becoming harder to drink a lot of water now since my stomach has shrunk quite a bit, but I'll try.

I feel a bit tired in the morning, I think I've just been having bad sleeps. It's too cold to have the air con on, but then it's too hot to sleep and I wake up in the middle of the night to turn it on again:S I'm not used to living in such a hot climate...but then again, I think I'm just not a morning person in general:P

Mood: Was in a really good mood this morning and made my dad pancakes for breakfast! Watching him enjoy it and commenting on how good it is, makes me happy:D
Physical: All good, need to do more yoga though, been a bit lazy the past two days...thankfully I have a yoga session tomorrow night!
Side note: Kinda had to lie to my grandma about my fasting because she's been wondering why I haven't been going back to her place for dinner, am worried she'll faint if she finds out I'm doing this...so I told her I'm on a fruit and veggie diet and only eat in the morning...
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Day 12 Reply with quote

OMG had such a bad dream last night, I dreamt that I accidentally ate some food...woke up in shock and kept rechecking if I actually had any food! Think I'm going a bit crazy, way too worried that I might do something wrong and ruin the whole thing:S Apart from that, I had a good sleep:P Weird thing is, this time I'm sleeping way more than my last fast, I thought after fasting for a while you should start sleeping less? I was like that last time, sleeping much less and even find it difficult to go to bed early at night. This time because I kept feeling that I'm not sleeping enough, so I decided to go to bed at 9pm, hoping to wake up at 5am and do some meditation, but no, I woke up at 6:50am...my mentor said sleeping more is also good for me at this stage, as I'm repairing my body, and while you're asleep, your body tend to focus only on itself other than noticing all the other distractions. I think that's true, as long as I'm able to go to bed and not feel like I have to force myself to sleep, I'm happy to go to bed at 9am every night.

The white coat on my tongue got thicker, feels a bit dry as well, I don't think I'm that dehydrated since I drink a whole litre of water during work and I have a glass of water in the morning and one to two glasses of water after work before I go to bed. I hope it starts fading away soon...according to Chinese medicine, this is a sign of cold and wetness in my body, but since I can't take any herbal medicine at this point, I'll just have to wait for it to resolve by itself. A lot of people on the internet says it's a sign of detox, I believe in both theories, as long as it goes away, I'm not bothered which is more correct.

Mood: TGIF!! So happy I get to sleep in tomorrow!! Although I can't really be bothered going out, it'll still be nice to stay home and bake for my dad...
Physical: Feeling slightly fatigue this morning, could only slowly walk up 6 flight of stairs...need some yoga time!!
Side note: Mentor gave me 5 books about sleep yoga for me to read, saying it's also a good way of healing while I'm on the fast, will probably be reading those books the whole weekend:P
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Day 13 & 14 Reply with quote

Ah yes, finally my relaxing weekend! On Friday night I went to bed early again hoping to sleep in and feel less tired on Sat, but I was tossing and turning on my bed until midnight...my mentor mentioned that in the Chinese medicine prospective, there's some heat in my liver which causes this, some people may not believe in Chinese med, but I find it very interesting and a lot of things makes sense to me. Unfortunately I didn't get to sleep in the next morning cause I've decided to wake up early and be the good daughter and cook my dad some breakfast:P It was worth it though. The whole day I've just been sitting in my room either reading or on my computer browsing, at the same time, trying to drink as much water as I can to slow down my pulse, which actually worked! I know in theory when a patient is tachycardic, the first thing you should do is not give them drugs but slowly push in IV normal saline, because sometimes it's just a sign of dehydration. And in my case, it's very clear that I have the same problem. I could tell because although drinking quite a lot of water, I wasn't going to the toilet as often, that means all the cells in my body are absorbing the fluid that I'm taking in. By the end of the day after downing two jugs of water, my pulse has slowed down quite a bit, finally to the point where I don't feel uncomfortable (since my pulse is usually 50-60, going up to 80 something really makes me feel unease).
Sunday was much better, I got to sleep in till 9am yay! I've also noticed that the thick white coat on my tongue is getting better, maybe in a few more days or weeks it'll go away completely! Went out with some friends and drank water while they have my favourite coffee...fortunately they didn't find it weird that I'm only drinking water:P Was feeling quite good and energetic by the end of the day, maybe I should go out more often!
Can't believe 2 weeks went by so fast, I'm really getting used to the whole thing now, and I'm starting to feel that without eating it's totally fine and although sometimes I still want to try out some food (just because it's Asia and I don't come back as often), but the urge is much less now and it's more that I'm interested to know what it tastes like but not because I'm hungry.

Mood: Normal, was laughing quite a lot on Sunday when I was with friends, that may have made me feel more energetic?
Physical: Was a bit weak on sat but felt much better on sun.
Side note: Ever since the white coat appeared, I keep having this weird taste in my mouth, will it go away? Or does anyone have the same problem?
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Day 15 Reply with quote

Ah, another busy week has started! This morning I woke up feeling fully rested, although I was woken up by the heavy rain multiple times at night, I seem to have had a better sleep:) Weight loss has really slowed down now, only 0.2kgs/day now, I hope it reaches equilibrium soon! Don't want to waste more muscle...After drinking normally for two days, I now feel like my kidneys are working fine again, and my heart feels much better too. Why do I say drinking normally? Because when I'm busy at work, I rarely think of doing anything else other than work...so I forget to drink water sometimes. My mentor asked me if I have any oedema, I understand that he's a bit worried about my kidney function, that's why I had jars of water by my side and just drank for the whole day during the weekend. I didn't drink that much to be honest, it's just that my stomach is quite small now, I can't take in too much water at once, so I sip about 50mls each time. Plus this way water will stay in your system and replenish your body better, rather than going straight down and pass out as urine.
It's been raining for a week now, at least it's nice and cool, but I've noticed that my knee is a bit sore, it's not swollen or anything, and I know there are many reasons as to why it's like this, I just hope I don't have arthritis:P Not at this age anyway!

Mood: Feeling pretty good, I know I should think more about meditation but I love working and it makes me forget a lot of stuff...e.g. buy cook books and start making delicious food for family!
Physical:All good, still puffs a little bit when I have to walk 6 flight of stairs to my office...
Side note: 2 weeks went by so fast, and right now I think my body is enjoying all the benefits of fasting, I hope this feeling stays till the end of my fast:)
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Day 16 Reply with quote

Another gloomy day:S It's been quite wet and humid here, feels like my body is also getting heavy and I feel drowsy because of the rain! Weird sensation, but I know it's because I have to sit in front of the computer all day and focus on my work, which doesn't give me energy at all...I usually wake up feeling quite good, but after a long day, my body is aching everywhere and I feel that my energy has been drained...I guess this is what office work feels like.

Don't know why but I've started growing some pimples on my face!! One on my left cheek, one under my nose (which is painful) and another one which I can see it's starting to grow on my forehead...which is this happening? Another side product of body detoxing? Argh I really hope it goes away, it's very annoying and I don't want to see people like this...especially the painful one under my nose:( I know these two days I haven't really been going to bed early enough (11 or 12 which is really late for me), might be the cause of it.

Mood: I was feeling great this morning, but then I got drowsy after working...
Physical: Haven't been doing much walking around, maybe I'll make plans for the weekend so I can get some exercise!
Side note: Will measure my BP and HR today after work and see how it is, doesn't feel like my BP is too low though.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Day 17 Reply with quote

My pimple is so prominent right now I want to poke it...so frustrating, I wanted to apply some meds on it, but then thought better not because even though it's applied on the skin, it'll still get absorbed into the body and right now I want my body to rest, not having to process more! I've noticed that my sleep pattern has really changed, I can't go to bed at 9 or 10pm anymore...I tend to toss and turn in my bed till about 11 or 12:S Is this quite common? And I've been waking up around 6am without my alarm clock, but I always let myself sleep in a bit more. I don't feel tired mentally during the day, my body is tired though due to sitting in the same position all day (I do some stretches during my lunch break and lie on the sofa to relax my shoulders).
Measured my BP and HR today, still reasonable within the normal range so I'm happy:)
Funny how my mum has decided to start fasting with me, it's good that I'm influencing people around me, trying to persuade my sister to do the same, but she doesn't think she can cope with the "hangry" feeling if she can't have food after a busy day. I really feel that it's beneficial to be fasting for a while and I found that I have much more time to spare, I get to read more books and don't feel tired all the time. I remember a few years back, I worked at the same place as now and I used to feel so tired all the time I sometimes doze off...and I have to take naps during lunch hrs. Now I feel so energetic (at least mentally), I have more tolerance to a lot of things too!

Mood: A bit irritated today due to the hot weather, I miss rainy days!
Physical: Feels the same, I wonder if my physical level will allow me to ride bikes to work...
Side note: I'm starting to think what to explain to my friends this weekend because a whole group of us are meeting up for lunch...maybe tell they I've just recovered from acute gastritis so I'm not eating?
RBE

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's awesome your Mom started fasting with you!! My parents thought I was crazy...
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the first time when I fasted my mum was worried, but then after the fast she was really proud of me. I guess it's good that I come from a background full of health professionals (I'm also a doctor), so it's easier to talk to them about these stuff using medical ways to explain things and keep myself monitored, that's why she isn't too worried because she knows I'll notice if anything has gone wrong.

Think she may just want to try it for a few days, it'll still be good for her anyway:)
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 am    Post subject: Day 18 Reply with quote

Alright, officially suffering from insomnia now...I couldn't sleep until 2am last night!!! I went to bed at 11 ish and there were many thoughts racing in my head, sometimes I'm not sure if mind clearity is that good for me...I really don't mind sleeping less, but I need to sleep at the right hrs! It's so frustrating and I didn't know what to do...eventually I turned on the lights and started reading, at that time I could feel I'm mentally awake but physically I needed to sleep:( Didn't get up till 7am this morning, I didn't feel well when I got up, I know I wasn't sleepy anymore but it didn't feel right. I think it's because I've always tried to live a healthier lifestyle by going to bed around 9, 10pm and getting up around 5, 6am, but now my pattern has been disrupted. Anyone have the same problem? Or any solution to this? My mentor had me meditating for 30mins this morning, I did feel slightly better after that, but it wasn't enough, I eventually got annoyed with my work and started having a short temper. I know exactly why it's like this, this is another reason why I always go to bed at the right hrs, because if I don't? No matter how much I sleep, I'll be irritated and annoyed at little things. This is probably the worst day I've had in ages, and the first time during my fast:S I must find some way to resolve this problem else it'll just get worse...

Mood: Short tempered and slightly irritated, felt like I was going through PMS.
Physical: Not much change, I did some yoga after meditation this morning, and my body felt less tense.
Side note: If anyone knows how to help with insomnia while fasting, please let me know...I don't want to be going to bed after midnight every night from now on...it'll kill my liver!!
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: Day 19 Reply with quote

So after I wrote the post yesterday, I felt worse in the afternoon, it's as if my emotions were over flowing and I couldn't keep it within myself anymore! Finally I decided I need some instant treatment. I haven't mentioned that although I'm a Western doctor but I also believe in Chinese medicine, I have been on treatment with herbal medicine and acupuncture for 2 years, there's a saying in Mandarin that if you are a patient for a long time, eventually you become a doctor too. It's very true, because after being treated for so long, I now know my body very well, I know what symptoms and the feelings I have relate to different organs. When I say organ, I don't actually mean I have any problems in that organ, at least it can't be detected by Western medicine anyway. Yesterday I knew it's pointing directly to my liver, so I immediately decided I'll get my mentor to do some acupuncture, and my gosh it worked like magic! I knew it was going to work, but I didn't expect it to work that fast, only after a few minutes, I felt the pressure and tight feeling on my chest lifting, I was so much happier and calm. I know a lot of people don't believe in this because there aren't any scientific proves about why it works, but it works and I'm so glad I know a bit of Chinese med as well! I can't imagine how those poor people who have to suffer through it without knowing why it's happening to them, they may just think it's too much pressure in life or that they're having a bad day. There must be other ways of resolving the problem too, but I wanted a fast relief and I got it:) Last night, I didn't toss and turn in my bed, but was fast asleep before 10pm, and this morning I felt so so much better. This may sound like cheating a bit, but hey, whatever works I don't mind giving it a try, after all, I'm here to heal myself and cleanse my body, not suffer. At least I restrained myself from taking medicine!

Meditated for 30 mins before work this morning, felt great! Had a very productive morning:) I am so different today it feels as if all the negativity from yesterday was merely a bad dream lol.

Mood: Much happier today! And of course, TGIF!
Physical: Higher energy level too, felt less weak, even woke up early and preped lunch for my dad, will try to keep it up!
Side note: I'm going out this weekend, hopefully more walking around will stimulate hormones and give me more energy! Also I am going to learn how to do acupuncture on myself so if there were any other emergencies like yesterday, I'll be able to resolve it!
RBE

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need as much sleep when the body really cleanses. When you leave the body alone and also let the mind rest, you will heal much quicker. Haven't you ever heard that just BEING is the way to being a beacon of love and light? You are still working, socializing, and stimulating yourself. If you went to fast alone in nature for a while your experience would be much different. So you wanted a solution, well, your ego is not going to like the solution perhaps.
Sorry to say this but usually doctors have a larger ego and don't recognize the spiritual component of all this stuff. The ultimate goal in fasting to be completely EMPTY. This means, all your beliefs, ailments, and worldly views will be healed and you will just become a beacon of light. Good luck.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear RBE, thanks for your suggestion, and yes I know if I were fasting alone in an isolated place, I will experience it very differently, sadly due to the circumstances this is all I can manage for now...it's either fasting while I'm working here in a warm climate, or fasting in a country where it's snowing at the moment...and because I really want to do this fast now, I have no other choice.
So when you were fasting, did you have a sleep pattern? Or did you just sleep when you needed to and get up when you feel fully rested? Yeh I know with a doctor background, we have too much knowledge already which distracts us from believing in the most natural way of healing:P But I have quite an open mind in taking in advices and hearing what people think:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: