Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long fasting diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Day 20, 21 & 22 Reply with quote

Went out on Sat and spent some time with friends, it was again hard seeing them eat when I have to tell them I have just recovered from acute gastritis...at least they didn't suspect anything. My body was doing alright after the whole day, it's much better than staying home and reading, I knew I needed to walk around a bit so I did. Don't have troubles going to bed early at night, but I woke up quite early, at around 5:30 I thought alright, might as well get up and do something productive. So I got up and meditated for 30min (this is the longest I can do with the full lotus position) after that I did some yoga poses too and felt very energized. I read for the rest of the day, my mentor suggested that I start reading yoga sutra, I was reluctant at first but still read a bit of it. I spent the rest of the day resting and reading in my room, peaceful day. But I think I slept a bit much during the day I couldn't sleep until midnight again...all well, at least I wasn't tired when I woke up for work. I felt like my muscles are aching slightly from doing too much walking during the weekend, well, I wouldn't call it too much but I haven't been exercising that much recently so it was more than usual.

I got up this morning and felt so hungry! I asked my mentor if anyone actually misses the signs of true hunger, he told me if the person were fasting alone without enough experience then yes, but because he's monitoring me all the time, checking my vital signs and making sure I haven't gone into kidney failure or all other dangerous organ failures...he said I was fine. I knew I was fine too, it's just weird that all of a sudden I start having this hunger feeling, and it was more severe than when I first started fasting. I know I shouldn't be drinking water because I feel hungry, but I can't help it, it's making me feel sick slightly. And there's a funny feeling in my colon too, feels like I'm gonna have a diarrhea...

Yay, managed to do 45 mins of meditation on full lotus position this morning! And only one side of my leg feels numb, definitely an improvement! I'm actually starting to enjoy meditation, it gives me such a calm feeling and full of energy! Also I feel more productive at work after it! Hopefully I'll be able to extend it to 1 hr soon and start doing it morning and night.

Mood: Quite calm and happy.
Physical: I'm glad I did some exercise over the weekend, needed to maintain some of that muscle tone! But I've noticed that my weight is going down a bit faster again these 2 days...is it because I've been working out a bit more?
Side note: Wow can't believe 3 weeks went by like this!
RBE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I slept at night only but it got so much less is what i'm saying. I layed outside watching shooting stars a lot. I think I could have gone into a different dimension if my friend hadn't come back and make me drink and eat again.
Anyway, The reason you are feeling hunger could be the water. When I went completely dry, the hunger pangs lessened than when I had water.
I tried socializing too on my first fasting attempts but it sucked really bad. I hated not being able to participate. I don't even know why I had this calling because I always loved food. It's bittersweet.
But when i'm alone and not distracted, I realize the SWEET because it feel soooo good to get so clear and CLEAN. When I took a breath it almost felt like ecstacy like I was inhaling star dust. I could feel the oxygen circulate in my whole body Smile
I guess the only thing you can keep doing is experiment. You will know what works and what doesn't Wink
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I understand the not sleeping as much part, because even if I told myself I'm not gonna set an alarm and sleep in during the weekend, it doesn't work, I just wake up when I feel fully rested, which is sometimes 5am in the morning. So lucky that you were able to enjoy the nature while on the fast, the experience must be magnificent! I must try it one day too! probably in a less cold country...much much easier:P

I think about the participating part, because I really like hanging out with my friends and I wanted to be able to fast but live a normal life at the same time, that's why I don't mind them eating in front of me while I sip water, but of course I don't want to tell everyone so sometimes it's still hard that I have to lie...e.g. my grandma would be so worried if she knew I have been fasting for weeks!

I've actually found out why I was getting hungry, it's the hormones...turns out it's my time of the month...like you said, all I can do is keep experimenting, this fast will be a very good experience for me and in the future I'll be much better at it:D

Last edited by wistfuldreams on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Day 23 Reply with quote

This morning I decided to go to work slightly later, and tidied my room, some people say when you tidy your surroundings, you're cleaning your body at the same time. Interesting theory, whether it's true or not, it makes me feel refreshed anyway.

A few days ago I was going through all the symptoms of PMS and didn't understand why that is, because it wasn't time yet. Now I think my cycle is a bit messed up by the looks of it. I hope it's not too weird talking so bluntly about this:P But I thought it's part of my experience and because it's quite unusual I'll note it down. Good news is, now that the hormones are balanced again, I feel happy and relaxed! And this also explains a lot about all the symptoms I was having the past few days e.g. weird feeling in the lower tummy, fatigue despite sleeping enough, moody and grumpy so basically all the PMS symptoms I normally get, but because I wasn't expecting it so I couldn't figure out what went wrong. Now it's all clear:D

I'm still trying to figure out the best balance for my body at this stage, sometimes I feel fully energized, sometimes I feel tired and weak. This journey hasn't been easy, and I'm finding out a lot about my body as I go. It'll definitely make my next fast easier:)

Mood: Happy happy happy, I'm usually like this after PMS:P
Physical: Not weak at all, feel like a normal person, that was why I could get up early and tidy my room and still feel fine!
Side note: Thinking if I should go to yoga tonight, last time I went, my heart was racing soooo fast...a bit scared:S
RBE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest more rest. can you go lay down under a tree in a park? your body will do "yoga" for you if you leave it alone. You might find you don't need much water when you just BE.

I am also the same. I was very social my first fast. But it got to be a bit painful. People were really wondering why I wasn't eating, and plus conversation wasn't interesting after some time.

I thought I would be able to do all the things I love again, but the fast puts you in a higher state of awareness/consciousness and also your stomach shrinks. Everyday I wake up now I am feeling such a tug of war between worlds. I feel it is my responsibility to keep raising my vibration for the benefit of everyone but part of me wants to stay in this dimension. Unfortunately I have had some hard times because I have become easily irritated and it gets taken out on others.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I have a garden in my house, sometimes I sit outside and meditate also enjoy the morning breeze, but only in the early morning...it gets super hot...

How long did your first fast last? I told some of my close friends, well people who I hang out with most of the time that I'm doing this for my body's benefit, basically just telling the truth is much easier than trying to find excuses. But for some that I'm not as close with, I don't bother:P

I'd suggest that you also do some meditation, especially if you feel irritated and going through hard times. Try doing it in the morning, I wasn't a big fan of meditation in the past because firstly it's very painful to do the full lotus position, secondly I couldn't stop thinking about a lot of things. But now that my legs are much skinnier, it became quite easy to cross my legs into full lotus position and after doing it for a few days, the numbness subsides as well!

Don't put so much pressure on yourself, like what you've been telling me, let yourself be. And yes I know what it's like to have a shrunken stomach...but it's actually a benefit! You don't have to eat a lot, just enough to sustain yourself:) When I ended my first fast I was quite happy to just eat fruit and veggies or other easy-to-digest food. Only ate "normal" food when I'm out with friends but I'd only eat a small portion and share the rest with others or bring it home.

I know it's easy for others to say this when they're not in your position, but no one can help you find a balance except yourself, I hope you will be able to achieve it:)
RBE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, perfect balance? in what way? That is different for everyone. The best I felt was when I was just dry fasting. I already achieved, so don't worry about me LOL.
I do meditate. My point was, eating can cause me irritation.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course it's very different for everyone, if you feel like dry fasting is the way to go, maybe you are suited for the inedia lifestyle, which is great in my opinion! I would love to just give up everything and go fully into it, but right now I feel like I'm still experiencing other things on earth and I'm not fully ready for it.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Day 24 & 25 Reply with quote

Oops, totally lost track of time yesterday and forgot to post for day 24...was so busy at work! I was getting a bit of mood swings due to the weather...definitely not used to living so close to the equator lol. I would turn on the air con but I really dislike the feeling of artificial cold air blowing in the room, it's not the same as real coldness. Thankfully my office has big windows and it's right by the mountains, so I get a light breeze if I open it wide enough:)

Argh, I was looking in the mirror the other day, I can literally see my spine and ribs! So weird...and I could see a bit of scoliosis! I hope I'm not getting too skinny:( It's alright, still within the normal range according to BMI and body fat percentage. Measured my BP which is 81/59, slightly lower, but because my HR is 71/min so I'm not too bothered (if it's over 90 then that means my heart is compensating for the low blood pressure). Plus I still feel normal, not fainting yet and as long as I don't stand up way too quickly, then I won't feel dizziness.

Been feeling slightly more tired than usual, most likely due to blood loss...I tend to sleep a lot during this time.

Today I did another 45mins of meditation in full lotus position, only one side of the leg is numb, but the numbness went away fairly quickly after releasing it. My mentor said after a while I will be able to do it more than an hr and don't feel the numbness at all. I couldn't do it for longer today because somehow I've been feeling a bit of tightness and pain on my left scapula, probably too much office work.

Mood: Average, yesterday I was slightly grumpy though.
Physical: More tired than usual, should be better after a few days.
Side note: Going on a trip in the weekend in the wild, I'm hoping some cycling and breathing fresh air will help me feel better:)
RBE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the skinny thing is a problem if you still FEEL ok?? I got really small but not bony. I felt like my body was turning to light.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can loose another 2kgs until I officially become "too skinny" but I don't trust BMI as a lot of people can be heavy but all muscle...but yes I feel fine so I guess I'll just see how it goes for now.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Day 26 Reply with quote

Was feeling quite sleepy this morning so didn't wake up till after 7:30am...I did some meditation before I started working, I think it's now become my routine! All morning I was feeling quite tired and eventually I told my dad that I'm gonna take the afternoon off because I really need to rest, he agrees with me and took my back home. I wanted to sleep for an hour in the afternoon but turned out that I slept for the whole afternoon until 5:30pm! That's a good sign though, my body is healing much faster while it's sleeping, and my back pain is gone as well! Woke up feeling much better and went to yoga. I still had some trouble with doing some poses which required some muscle strength...otherwise all the other stretching poses were fine, but I have to say, it was a really good idea to sleep the whole afternoon because I was doing so much better than last friday!

Mood: A lot better after my afternoon nap:)
Physical: Was quite tired and weak in the morning, but after the nap I was back to normal, think I just needed more rest that's all.
Side note: Postponed my weekend trip, I can finally take some rest and sleep as much as I like!
RBE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but after I already was a "breatharian" for that time, now i'm eating again and trying to do stuff.
Glad the sleep is helping Smile
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you thinking of continuing in being a breatharian? Since it seems like you might not suit the eating lifestyle:S
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Day 27, 28 & 29 Reply with quote

After my long sleep on friday afternoon, although I felt so much better afterwards but I think I've also ruined my sleeping pattern AGAIN!!! It was so hard to fall asleep at night sigh...3 nights in a role I couldn't sleep till 1, 2am in the morning and woke up around 8 ish...sigh, I feel terrible! And I've been having some stomach discomfort in the middle of the night too, first it was on the right side then it turned to the left too...it's not very painful but just annoying, not sure what's happening. Last night I was so frustrated about not being able to sleep I felt like I really wanted to stop fasting:( I was feeling vulnerable and this time instead of stomach discomfort I felt nausea and had to sit up for a while. In the morning I woke up I for work and felt horrible, I had tachycardia due to sleeping at the wrong hours and felt like I was walking in the clouds...but I wasn't sleepy the whole day, just had a slight headache, think it's more of a heatstroke than needing rest. Crazy weather over here, the weather forecast said it's 32 degrees and the real feel is 39...how can anyone live in a country like this OMG!!! I can't wait to go back to NZ!

Honestly I felt so bad these two days that I have to keep persuading my body to hang in there and help me get through this, or else I might give up, but I know I can't give up just yet. I felt better after talking to my body though. Meditation is helping me a lot too, so relaxing:)

Mood: Frustrated about ruining my sleeping pattern:(
Physical: Still the same, not getting any better.
Side notes: I don't like the nausea feeling and I really really hope I can get some proper sleep at the right hours tonight, sigh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: