Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long fasting diary
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a breatharian i just do fasting. I will provably fast again yes but not anytime soon. I live with my family and we eat very well and im working etc dating
I hope everything stablizes for you, you are doing great. I hear people do go through a skinny phase and they wait it out and their body naturally builds itself up (without eating). Strange life this is. I often feel like we are aliens or something.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support, I really needed that:)

Haha you mean aliens because we are eating? Or that we think differently to normal people?

I do hope you get another chance and fast again, maybe do a transition and become a breatharian once and for all! But it does require quite a lot of time and effort...
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Day 30 Reply with quote

Last night I went to bed at 10ish but didn't fall asleep till later, at least it was better than the previous nights where I couldn't sleep until 2am...
This morning I woke up feeling a bit tachycardic again, I started drinking water slower sip by sip, after a while it slowed down quite a bit and I was feeling a lot better. I told my mentor about the nausea feeling when my stomach starts growling and being tachycardic, I am a little worried that I might damage my cardiac muscle tissues:S He asked if I've considered stopping my fast, I told him when I was feeling very awful during my two sleepless nights in the weekends, I did think about it, but then I am so close to finishing my fast! I know I shouldn't force myself and if true hunger calls, I must stop. The problem is, I really don't know if the nausea feeling from my stomach to my throat is a sign...and I remember that people should be able to fast safely for 6-7 weeks if they are not too fat nor skinny. So for now I'm just going to drink more water to stop me from being tachycardic and see how I go. But yes I'm thinking maybe I should do a 40-day-fast instead of 49 days...sigh, so close.

Mood: Feeling fine, but don't really want to do anything because it's again 32 degree and real feel of 41...seriously?!
Physical: Better than yesterday probably because I had a better sleep:)
Side note: The slight headache from yesterday is still here...it's not bad, probably 1/10, more like an annoying pain.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Day 31 Reply with quote

Yesterday measured my BP which is 90/64 and HR 77/min, they both seem quite normal to me, but of course it'd be nicer if my HR was lowered to 60/min which would make my heart feel so much better...judging by the look of all my vital signs, I am quite healthy and normal, but I know some people can seem normal and their body compensate for a while until it suddenly crashes! I don't think that'll happen to me, but sometimes when my heart feels uncomfortable and when I get that nauseous feeling, I start to think whether or not I'd be like that...I went out for a walk and drive after work last night, just so I'm not sitting down all day long, but still couldn't get to sleep early enough:(

Am now thinking of all the pros and cons of ending my fast slightly early, pros would be that i have time to slowly get back to eating (mostly just fruit and veggie soup for the first week at least) and have time to recover before I fly back to NZ. Because to be honest, I'm not sure what the stress of flying would do to my heart if I was still recovering from the fast. Cons, well there aren't any cons really except that I really want to finish it just because I'm close to my goal. Will see how I feel by next Friday, which will be day 40.

Mood: Slightly happier today, probably the walking helped a bit.
Physical: Dislike climbing stairs, my legs are so weak:( Fine with walking though.
Side note: I think drinking more water helps a lot, I wasn't feeling too tachycardic this morning.
RBE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are really strong in heart and mind. i would take one day at a time. Just be in the moment about it. I never set a goal for myself, i just did what i felt. Although when i did break my fast i did feel slightly down on myself. My reality is totally differnt now. Lots more love and compassion and alot less worried about life and stuff.
But if 40 is your number, I'm sure it will happen!
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I have set a goal of 49days is because I wanted a life long change and I have something that needs to be cured. But I'm not sure how big a difference is between 40 and 49 days...

Only a few more days to go, but yes I think you're right, it's better to take one day at a time and see how I feel. Right now I'm actually doing better than few days ago, so I should be alright:)
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Day 32 Reply with quote

I've been walking quite a lot these days, at least much more than before, think that really helps with boosting my energy level and making me feel less weak (should've done more of that before). This morning I woke up feeling fully rested, did 45mins of meditation before work, still can't manage to do a full hour, and the reason now is not because of the numbness but that the shoulder pain (pain just right by my left scapula) is still there and I have to keep shifting and find the perfect position to not make it ache more! It's quite an annoying pain:( I've tried doing yoga poses to stretch it, get my mentor to massage it, but nothing really makes it go away, it helps for a bit, but once I sit at the desk and start doing work or write, it starts aching, could it be the position?

My weight has somehow stopped dropping so much, only dropped 0.2kgs in two days, think my body is finally starting to realise what I'm doing...right now I'm 50.7kg (think that's 110 pounds?) which is on the verge of being underweight for my height, people are starting to tell me that I'm looking too skinny...which I know since the day I could see my ribs and spine in the mirror...but it's not about the looks anyway.

Only another working day and yay weekend! I am going to be doing a lot of shopping since I need to start packing my bags...it's not as good as walking in the wild, but at least it's exercise:P?

Mood: Feeling happy that weekend is coming up, a bit stressed out about work though, too much paperwork and it's way too hot for my brain to function properly:(
Physical: Not bad, can't walk as fast as I used to, but I can walk without feeling too tired.
Side note: I've noticed that sometimes the thick white coat on my tongue is thicker and sometimes thinner, in the Chinese medical way of speaking, it's means that my inner body is very weak in yin and all the fire is outside yang. I don't fully understand it, but...I can't figure out why it's like this either, so I'm just going to go with it. All I've noticed is that when I'm rested and liver is doing fine, the coat is slightly thinner...
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Day 33-36 Reply with quote

So last friday my dad has decided that we go to the hot springs for the weekend, to help me relax a bit and that we get to walk in the wild. I agree, really needed some time away from work, my back was really aching and I was feeling exhausted quite often. Thought it'd be a nice little retreat for us:)

We stayed at the hot springs in the country side for two days, it was so soothing just soaking in the hot pools, and we get to star gaze while we were in it! I was quite careful to take it very slowly so that my heart doesn't feel too stressed out, especially when I was changing from hot to cold, I only dip my feet in the cold pools since it'll be too much for the heart if I soaked my whole body. I slept like a baby that night. The night morning I woke up by sunrise, could see the sun slowly rising over the mountains, such a pleasant sight! I don't think I've seen that for a while now...been so busy cooped up in my city life:S Watched my dad eat homemade breakfast, they looked so healthy and delicious...but I was alright, I knew it's all in my head and I'm almost at the end of my fast anyway. Soaked in the hot springs for another hour in the morning before we returned to the city.

Sunday morning I went out to start buying things to bring back to NZ with me, but I've noticed only 30 mins of standing outside, my HR was so fast that I felt very sick and dizzy, I couldn't stay there for long and quickly came home, felt much better after turning on the air con...after that I spent most of the day in my room, was feeling a bit funny, maybe a little anaemic? I couldn't drink a lot of water, made me feel a bit sick...at night I found it hard to sleep again, but this time it was because when I lie flat, I can't seem to breath properly, it was quite shallow and fast, I've been having this problem for a while now, it's as if I don't have the strength to breath! Took me a few hours to get to sleep...

This morning I felt so horrible, again shallow breathing even sitting up, almost like I'm short of breath and I started having those nauseous feelings again when my tummy growls:( I talked to my mentor about it, again he asked if I wanted to stop fasting and maybe think about resuming eating? I'm uncertain how I'm going to be able to resume eating when even drinking water makes me feel sick and uncomfortable around the heart? But yes I have started to think about resuming eating today, but after meditation in the morning, I felt slightly better. I went and did some blood tests because I thought if I want to resume eating, I'd better get it all done before I do so. At lunchtime, I talked to my mentor again, I told him I was angry with myself, only 5 more days to go and I'm not sure if I should stop or not, I feel like I can push myself just a little bit more...I know it's not a competition, but it makes me slightly disappointed in myself:( Then we made a compromise, I will take a holiday for 5 days and stay in my room for the time being, everyday I'll either meditate, read or rest, nothing else and monitor how I feel throughout the whole 5 days. I was all ready to start eating again and now seeing that I have another option, I'm gonna give it a try, after all, I haven't really been focusing purely on fasting, so maybe these 5 days will make a big difference, who knows?

I have taken the afternoon off already, am going to start reading and meditate and when I can't sleep, I'll just meditate, as with the water drinking part, I think I'll just drink really really slowly with tiny sips...

Mood: Was slightly angry this morning because I wasn't sure what to do...
Physical: Weirdly I'm not feeling too weak, just uncomfortable around the heart and breathing.
Side note: My BP 96/58 HR 80/min, good BP, which means the funny feelings I'm getting may be anaemic? Will see after the blood tests come back. Anyone have good suggestions on resuming eating after such a long fast? I thought about diluting veggie mixed juice, but what about congee soup (without the rice but just the soup?)
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Day 37 Reply with quote

Since I took 5 days off work, I've decided to let myself sleep as much as I could. This morning I woke up at 9am, I was lying in bed when my mentor came to see how I was doing. I told him I was still feeling quite dizzy but otherwise I wasn't tachycardic...I still had that nauseous feeling from time to time though. He asked whether or not I've lost more weight, I told him not today, I was still the same as the day before. I wasn't feeling great either, when I got up, I could feel a general weakness and because I was very dizzy (think it's due to anaemia and hypoglycemia), I couldn't really walk straight...maybe I should resume eating, I told my mentor, he agrees, he said I've deteriorated too fast and too much, if I don't start eating soon, it's going to be dangerous. He said he'll start preparing. So I guess this will be the end of my fast for this time, what's important is to not make the fasting benefit loose its purpose and become harmful for my body.

My mentor said that I will start on drinking rice congee, but only drink the soup not the rice, and also some diluted fruit juice. I'm not sure how I'm going to drink that when I feel sick even with drinking water! Will see tomorrow.

Mood: No ups or down, all I could think of is how to feel less ill...
Physical: Feels like my world is spinning and I feel general weakness, but I'm fine climbing stairs, weird.
Side note: Mixed feelings about starting back on food tomorrow...
RBE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont feel like a failure.
Your world was "spinning" because your consciousness was growing. .. beyond the material. When you move to the next world, everything here well start to warble and shimmer.
When you try eating again, you will know for yourself how it feels. . YOU ARE your best mentor
Next time try to fast in nature without distractions.
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks RBE:) This has been a great journey and yes I think next time I will be far more familiar with the process and what to look out for! And yes, definitely pick a time and place where I can be in the nature and just focus on fasting itself! Did you also get the spinning sensation when you were fasting last time? I was so confused as to why I'm having those symptoms, and even thought about vestibular neuritis...

I've been meaning to come here and share some of my experience on going back on food, but I was feeling so sick...when I started eating the next day, in the morning I felt fine, but later on the dizziness grew on me and I felt bloated...had a very hard time sleeping on the first night. The next morning I tried to go downstairs to get some water, that's when I felt like I couldn't hold it anymore and went to vomit, but because I didn't have that much to eat, all I could vomit out was saliva...but afterwards my body felt a bit better and I went back to sleep. On the second day of my fast, I tried to eat a little bit as well, not much different from the first day, just some soup from the rice congee, and some diluted fruit juice, but I think my body wasn't ready to take in any food just yet, it's almost as if trying to reject it by either vomiting (nothing comes out) or giving me a very nauseous feeling...and my dizziness persisted. It got to a point where I couldn't really open my eyes, everything I see was spinning and I was still loosing weight...I was growing weaker and weaker and despite eating, my body wasn't feeling any stronger. Also I was unable to drink a lot of water because even that makes me sick.

Last night it got to a point where I thought, no I mustn't let this keep on going, I know it's not the best solution and I probably should've let my body heal on its own, but after 4, 5 days of feeling so awful and horrible, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I asked for IV. Today I can finally get out of my bed...still slightly dizzy but much better.

Forgot to mention, when I started back on food, even apples tasted disgusting...it had this metallic aftertaste:S
RBE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, wow...what an interesting experience. Your body definitely wanted to keep cleansing, as mine did. I still have days where food tastes icky, and i can taste stuff like metals, as you did. I fantasize often about dropping everything again and fasting. My moods also returned, but less intense i guess. I get bloated alot too. You may ask what's the point in eating again, and that is a good question. I do it along with everything else in life, which is fun sometime, but mostly i feel like I've moved on a lot..
Hope you feel better.
Rayne
wistfuldreams

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm feeling a lot better now:)

The funny thing was, my appetite finally came back on the 41st day! It's weird right? Maybe I kept telling my body that I want to fast for 40 days so it was doing its best to help me get rid of the food I was trying to consume...I think from now on I will be very careful on choosing what I eat, because having started eating again feels so new to me (totally understand what it feels like being a baby and being slowly introduced to food now), all the tastes of the food that I used to eat tastes very different now! And I try to only eat the food my body needs, I've never been pregnant but I'm starting to think if this is what pregnant woman feels like, that sometimes their body just tells them what it needs? Also now I'm practicing on chewing everything I eat for a while before I swallow it, trying to build new habits:P

But thanks again to all of those that have encouraged me and gave me support throughout this fasting journey! Next time I will slowly ease myself into it (probably start with the 3 month diet change...).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: