Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting.
Inediates, Breatharians, Non-Eaters, People Living on Light, Fasting and experimenting with diets.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Own Process to Living Without Food

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: My Own Process to Living Without Food Reply with quote

My name is Lucy, i am 45 in a few weeks. My relationship with food throughout my life has been an interesting one. As a baby and young child i hated to eat meat (had to be persuaded and forced, or it had to be disguised) and began nearly throwing up when adults put milk products on the table.

At aged 9 i became vegetarian, i ate meat on a very few rare ocassions after that. At aged 18 i developed bulemia. I just couldnt stand the feel of food in my stomach, though because of a traumatic childhood and teenage years, used food and drugs to ease the emotional pain that i expereinced in life. It tood me till aged 30 to help myself be free of an eating disorder. Years of self help and self development, and walking a spiritual path of meditations and introspection.

From aged 30 onwards my diet slowly changed as i became aware of foods that i felt were not doing my body good, and i slowly transitioned to being vegan while giving up wheat, coffee, alcohol or chemicals in my life, and then sugar and salt.

All the while i was deepening my practice of self awareness and constantly aiming for living in the vibration of love. This was not an easy task, as i had years of my own conditioning, and beliefs that i was no good, to erase.

At aged 39 i began my journey with raw food and gradually transitioning to higher and higher percentages of my diet being fresh raw fruit and vegetables.

i was convinced that through food i could become the version of my highest potential self, physically, emotionally and spiritually, and this was my goal

I had heard of breatharians at aged 39 and it made sense to me, but at that time i still did not feel that i was completely over the food disorder and body image issues that i had suffered from for so many years. i did not want to embark on such a process without the highest possible self love and respect from my body.

over the last year despite being almost exclusivity fruitarian, i was still not feeling that i was progressing with my development. I was still plagued by chronic back issues and pain in my shoulder and knee. I was buying tons and tons of fruit in ridiculous proportions and it felt very unnatural and i didn't like the feeling of dependency.

i dabbled in fasting but found it almost impossible to do. After a fast i would find my appetite even more voracious, even though i was eating such a clean diet. I got to the point where no matter how much pure, healthy raw organic food i was eating, i just didn't feel satisfied. This just didn't make any sense.

I decided to look again at all the videos on you tube about breathariansim and joined some fb groups. I have always been very independent, and though eager and excited to always learn anything and everything that i think can move me forward, i always take bits from here and there from things i learn and change it in a way that most suits me.

I am a single mother, with a full time job. Apart from feeling that i am my own master and can trust my intuition, i do not have time to go off and do any process.

So i have tailored my own process. i began with conscious eating. By checking each time i thought i felt hungry, i slowly realized how i was eating out of habbit, or emotion, or boredm etc etc. with love and attention and without forcing, i noticed how easy it was to go longer and longer periods without food. First i went down to one meal a day, of just a smoothie or salad. then i decided that i would go another day and see how i felt

As i got to two days, i would start to feel effects of my body detoxing and having to go to work, i would take a juice and then a smoothie to slow it down and be able to manage life. The next day i would be happy to get back to no food and again would go a couple of days like that, and again something small. Slowly i am seeing how full of energy i am on the days i go with no food and do not even notice when a meal time comes around at work or such. Even when i cook dinner for my boys, i will not be craving it, but enjoying the delicious smells and sights of it, with no desire whatsoever to injest it.

now again i just went 3 days no food, but had a night with loose bowel movements and woke up weak and shaky, so had to take something, since i have many commitments to fulfill today.

All the time i am working on conscious breath and feeling energy running around my body and generating love in my heart for myself and for life, with much appreciation.

I am hoping that like this, i will slowly transition to releasing the need for food completely and to then maybe choose if i want to take any at all.

is there anyone else taking this slow kind of route towards living without the need for food?

Lucy
RICKLFF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: My Own Process to Living Without Food Reply with quote

Hi Lucy,

My oppinion: As it is a natural process for you, it seems to me that it is the best way to become a breatharian. Just let the things flow smoothly, without forcing anything that I believe that you will become a breatharian without problems. Of course that there are others factors to consider, like emotional problems managing and weight loss, but it seems to me that you will manage to overcome all of that as you process have been progressive and natural.

Rick
Lucy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Hi rick Reply with quote

Hi Rick, thanks for you reply Very Happy

nice to see someone is alive on the forum - i was wondering what happened to everyone, since it seem like alot of the posts here are very old

Yes i am loosing weight, i dont know how much but i have shrunken right down. i was awake alot last night, so used the time to meditate and tell my body its enough and resolved to concentrate more on knowing i am full nourished. i hope that does the trick

how about you? are you still on the path?

Have a great day

Lucy
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you for sharing too, Lucy, nice to hear from you

please keep sharing any time you feel like it, let's keep the forum alive! Smile you are right it was sad to see it going dead...

it is encouraging to see someone going in the direction in spite of adverse circumstances

do you know the old materials by Alenara about emotional eating? she was fantastic explaining that approach

it is a very intriguing phenomenon for me, that we humans seem to need to express the suffering we have causing us some sort of harm on top of it... it is a real wonder, because you know, when someone is drowning pain in food, usually turns to harmful (she knows it) foods, not salads...

you know in my case, I dont have the outlet of food at all, never had it in my life; I will confess what it is, and we may laugh together, actually is astrologically interesting it is what in astrology is 5th house experience: games, sex, basically, because there is where I have my natal moon, seems when you are in pain you tend to look for refuge where your moon is

so increadible as it may sound, normally when in pain I may turn to games, like playing chess compulsively in the computer; ridiculous, isnt it?
thankfully I never took to compulsive gambling, but I understand the poor people who suffer that terrible "outlet" (later compulsion) (worse than drugs I assure you, they are at high risk of suicide)

I find myself in a curious situation the latest years: I feel I have no "outlet" ... I really often just bear the suffering, just like that;
it is very peculiar that you feel suddenly lonely for no reason, when you normally dont feel lonely at all, isnt it not?:
sex is not much of a viable outlet, chess I dont terribly like it really, poker I cannot play, children I dont have... is like I dont have an outlet; well maybe internet or watching some film, but it is hard for me to find something I can stomach

yesterday I had a descent to the abyss for no terribly big reasons, but disturbing to me, certainly is about my "karma", (same issues) that ever, frightening to me

quite the contrary to turning to food, I am not hungry today, only ate some fruit and a juice, hey! maybe inedia could be made into an "outlet"?
like you are trying to harm yourself and actually turns out to be for the good

your case would be (or was in the past) one of the food-outlet, the most popular of all and becoming more popular by the day...

Alenara agreed, probably we live for the sake of solving "issues"... but my experience and observation on the other hand shows like ...they are near unsolvable, so another theory would be to not indulge in terribly harmful outlets... but I find the whole thing very mysterious and open to debate...

You know it is the basic reason inedia is and will always be tremendously unpopular: food is great entertainment and comfort, people say, so...

maybe a tendency to inedia is a hallmark of a rare issues-less individual, but seems like life is about issues experiencing so, this seems like a big topic really... There is a possiblity that it works the other way round too, I mean, inedia leads you to a liberation of "issues", is like you dont feel anything anymore, you remember your past life, but that's all, like you are put in a state of like sainthood

something that I've notice lately is, people who say, let emotions out when they come, rather than bottling them up, really that's the way they dont come again, really they seem to be right

I was reading the book of a person that was in a sect; at the end she is put to some sort of psychological violence, at a point, she said something that stayed with me:

"Suddenly, I remained quiet and didnt react to the slander; all I could think is that Jesus remained quiet when accused, and I got a strong feeling that God had liberated me", and at that point she left at last, it doesnt matter the religious thing, is about what happens, it is like there is peace after the tears...
I suffered some psychological violence from a snake in my family, and funny enough, in a way, I am happy it happened, because strangely, I dont feel much anymore... and never turned to food because of it; I simply spent a couple of weeks crying inside, and that was it, I dont feel anything anymore, and feel prepared to let go and start something new, because strangely it doesnt come to my mind often anymore

so I suppose what happened yesterday will go too... although I need to do something about it

I take comfort from phrases from literature: "My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes" hahahaha

amazing how much I wrote! forum not dead ! Smile

may I ask what what "body image" issues you had? from what you say, you must have been slender most of your life
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing: allow me to deliver my classic advice:

beware of electromagnetic radiation (wifi, cellphones, cell-towers close to your home, smart meters); it breaks "pranic body" so to speak, causes anxiety among other things, that can lead to anxious eating.
tomasblanco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, I vaguely remember a Loren Lockman's video about the issue of hunger after fasting, not sure if was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euKadXowC5Y

or some other (dont have audio at the moment, perhaps you can look for it with more time)

it might be helpful in your case
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Inedia, Breatharianism, Non-Eating, Living on Light, Fasting. Forum Index -> Personal Experience All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: